+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Probably should put this in the Why I need therapy thread, but we have over 250 kids coming to the musuem today. ARGH! They are a huge field trip from a school near the coast and are in town for 2 days. We are only one of their stops. We have set forth a big plan to get them all through the museum in an orderly fashion. But as I'm going to be stationed in one spot all day and we have them divided in 12 groups, I'm sure by this afternoon I'm going to need deprogramming. I'm either to be stationed in the Frontier section or the Civil Rights section and will have to give my same speech 12 times throughout the day. Since the museum has "cast" figures that speak when you push a button, I'm sure I'm going to feel like one of them by the days end.
    But we are getting a catered lunch from, drum roll please..........Chick-fil-a. I HATE Chick-fil-a. I guess there really is no such thing as a free lunch.

So better get off of here to "gird my loins" for todays BIG SHOW. And they are 7th graders. ARGH!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Have a couple of sips before you go today or carry a flask.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2795877;
    Have a couple of sips before you go today or carry a flask.
    I happen to know where they have stored the 2 cases of wine leftover from a wine and cheese reception a few weeks ago.

Ah I am so sick unto death of winter. Mother Nature is cruel. Yesterday we got up to 51! Today, a mere 15. Spring cannot get here soon enough for me.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

No complaints, here. All I have to do is think back to the fires of Hell last Summer. If it's weather business, as usual here, we will skip Spring and go straight back to Hell!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm so annoyed right now. Came back from grocery shopping and my entryway was blocked because they plowed the snow but haven't gotten around to getting the snow they pushed from the street in and the sidewalks out. So I had to park a couple of blocks further and walk in 3 degrees F and 23mph with half the groceries in one hand and one baby in his carseat in the other. The rest of the groceries is still out there and will have to wait until hubby comes how. At least I know nothing will spoil due to this lovely weather.

That sucks DesertRose. I would be really upset too! Is there anyone you can call to have it taken care of?
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I have survived.
    We had 213 7th graders today. The bus carrying one group took off with the back door not latched and all their lunches spilled out in the street. Despite that setback and getting replacement lunches for them, everything went like clockwork. I feel like one of the talking robots from Disney. I have given the same 15 min. spiel 12 times today. But after the 2nd time, it finally dawned on me that I could explain shaving with a straight razor easier by mentioning the movie Sweeny Todd. They've all at least seen a promo with Johnny Depp holding a straight razor.
    I covered both World War 1 and Civil Rights. 7 1/2 min. per subject and was able to segue fairly well even. But I had a large area to cover so have run my feet off today getting back and forth from 1918 to 1963.

Then spent lunch explaining to a 18 year old volunteer college student why the movie "Pearl Harbor" is probably not the best movie to watch about the attack on Dec. 7. After asking me about a dozen questions that had me wondering where she had learned the stuff she was asking me about, she mentioned that all her WWII history came from that movie. There was a Korean War Vet sitting with us and he looked at her and told her she needed to READ about the war and not watch how Hollywood fought it. I thought I would spit out my lunch.

The 7th graders were great. Lots of intelligent questions and so well behaved. I didn't have to tell anyone to get off the pigs even one time.

Glad its over though. Middle school teachers all must have a special place in heaven waiting for them.

MRD

I have a question. Has anyone here ever used the Rosetta Stone CD ROM'S for learning a language? And how would you rate them if you have used them?

Any other language instruction CD's you would reccomend?

Thanks.

My son's school uses them for the spanish class and he swears they are the best thing he's ever heard/learned from.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread