+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7290Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2792415;
    My mother used the same kind of tactic to keep me from ditching class. She said if I didn't get my butt to school, she go with me every day and sit next to me in all my classes. That pretty much did it for me
    My friend did this to her son. She was skipping in 8th grade and she had enough. Luckily she was a stay at home mom so she went to school with him. Dressed in a housecoat (picture the old, flowery ones with the zipper up the front) and no make-up. Yeah, she didn't have a problem the rest of the year.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

my daughter was having some issues when she was in 7th grade. I had been to a 70's costume party and had this big blonde afro wig. I told her that I would come to school in the wig and outrageous clothes wearing a sign that said I am __________ ___________'s mom if she didn't straighten up. She did and I didn't have too. But I did pick her up from a school dance that year wearing it and she was so embarrassed. She had been nasty to me before the dance, so I got her back as I parked right in front of the doors the dance let out of and got out of the car and called her name really loud when I saw her. Her friends thought it was hysterical, but she was so embarrassed, that we didn't have any more problems for a while.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2793068;
    My friend did this to her son. She was skipping in 8th grade and she had enough. Luckily she was a stay at home mom so she went to school with him. Dressed in a housecoat (picture the old, flowery ones with the zipper up the front) and no make-up. Yeah, she didn't have a problem the rest of the year.
    That is hilarious. That would have worked pretty well on me, too.

Boy, does that take me back. Around 4th grade my Mom began working and I didn't like it one bit. We lived a block from school and I liked going home for lunch, only the weird kids stayed at school for lunch or so I thought. Anyhow I began skipping school and staying home, well it only lasted about a week or so with the fake notes etc., and the school called her and said we have a problem. You know they said we think it in your best interest to quit your job and stay home blah blah blah, well she wasn't happy in the least but she did it. NOW every morning she would walk me to the door at home, stay in the open door in a BATHROBE mind you, with curlers etc., waving and loudly saying BYE BYE HONEY, I'll see my BABY BOY at lunch time - I LOVE YOU.

YEECK.... Needless to say beginning the next semester she was back at work and I ate lunch at school.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2793412;
    ... Needless to say beginning the next semester she was back at work and I ate lunch at school.
    Yikes! Out of curiosity, what school did you go to? (We're about the same age; I lived near 25th & Capital until the middle of 5th grade, then moved to Oak Creek, then moved to the East Side -- near Farwell & Brady -- till I moved out here.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

We lived on 7th & Greenfield and I went to Eugene Field, which was closed in 1970 or so and merged into a new school that was built on 8th & Lapham Allen-Field. I now live on Farwell just south of Brady.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2793591;
    We lived on 7th & Greenfield and I went to Eugene Field, which was closed in 1970 or so and merged into a new school that was built on 8th & Lapham Allen-Field. I now live on Farwell just south of Brady.
    Holy crap! I lived on Farwell just north of Brady! I loved that area.

I went to St. Agnes, while the "publics" went to Franklin. I did my student teaching at Rufus King.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2793601;
    Holy crap! I lived on Farwell just north of Brady! I loved that area.

I went to St. Agnes, while the "publics" went to Franklin. I did my student teaching at Rufus King.
    Wow! - -Depending on when you moved, this area is completely different, I moved down here in 1993 to Franklin Place, north of Lyon, there are lots of new shops on Brady, condos going up. It's a great neighborhood! Well I went to Pulaski instead of South, much better school.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Brady Street was always cool -- I moved in '86 when it was just starting upgrade from the old hippie stuff. I lived on the corner of Farwell and Royall. I loved that it was an easy walk to just about everything -- Lakefront/Brady Street Bridge, Downtown, Oriental Theater/Von Trier area, UWM, etc.

When I was visiting Milwaukee two years ago, I took my husband through the old 'hood and was really impressed with the area. If I ever moved back to Milwaukee, that's where I'd want to live again. (I wish I could find my "I Closed Wolsky's" sticker -- it's in a safe place somewhere!)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2792851;
    It depresses the hell out of me, too, but I had to give up pasta except for the most special of occasions. You would not believe the size of the ass that rigatoni built.
    Rattus.....I laughed so hard reading this that I scared my S.O. who had already fallen asleep next to me!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread