+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6960Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2790759;
    Update! I was commanded to update you all on my Teaching thing. It's going ok. The past 2 sessions only 2 kids showed up. Not that I mind lol. I almost blew up at the class, as they were being super brats (and not like MOI!). I even had to lecture a kid and ask him point blank why he was here if he didn't want to draw. (the kid refused to draw anything)

And I finally have a topic for the speech I am writing to see if I am chosen to be the student speaker at graduation
    Well, at least we know you're not tied up in a closet somewhere! I was starting to wonder! The kid who refused to draw....sounds like he listened to my "graduation speech" from grade 2, when I absolutely refused to draw for my art final!! It must have been composed of something like, "I'm not gonna draw and I'll bet you can't make me! ) I never would have thought a middle schooler would have taken it to heart!

Good luck on preparing your speech!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So, i have what i call a fear of patterns. I don't know if a clinical name exist for it but i know i can't be the only one with this. There are some patterns that i can't look at without quickly having to turn away because i literally get goose bumps. You know when you feel cold? you feel something rush over your body? that what comes over me and then images go to my minds eye(of the patterns i can't look at).
    phobia of patterns - Google Image Search
    I hate to show an example because then i have to verify that the image is correct. The one that gives me chills is the third picture on the third line. Ick!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2790846;
    I totally don't get people giving up good bed space to dogs and/or cats.
    (Maybe it's just my allergy-induced asthma . . .) But really -- people have their own sleeping spaces; dogs and cats have their own beds -- a place for everyone, and everyone in his/her/its own place.

- Looks over at Joey - Did you read this? You're supposed to sleep in your spot.
    *voiceover* and MY spot rotates through out the night..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by just1paul; 02-12-2008 at 08:28 AM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Have you all seen the new commercial with the BIG dog on the couch and in the bed?
    that is pretty much our setup. The dog's place is in the bed, but he is nice enough to stay at the foot - keeping our feet warm no matter how close to the edge of the bed we put them.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2790955;
    So, i have what i call a fear of patterns. I don't know if a clinical name exist for it but i know i can't be the only one with this. There are some patterns that i can't look at without quickly having to turn away because i literally get goose bumps. You know when you feel cold? you feel something rush over your body? that what comes over me and then images go to my minds eye(of the patterns i can't look at).
    phobia of patterns - Google Image Search
    I hate to show an example because then i have to verify that the image is correct. The one that gives me chills is the third picture on the third line. Ick!

Do you mean the photo of the girl on the floor? Really?

What gives me chills to look at is a pile of snow that has been shoveled up from the street, that has been sitting there thru many thaw cycles, and the sand they put down slowing comes to the top. I'll have DH take a photo of what I mean. Eww.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2790719;
    Awww... my first husband used to work nights and it was horrible. I hope your hubby gets back to normal hours soon....at least so you don't have to wake up to take the dog out at 3am!
    Oh, but I did. I didn't sleep well at all and both Rosie and Bogie fought over me all night which didn't help. At 3 I got up and took them out. I hope I can sleep better tonight.

Oh, but Rosie and Bogies spot IS on the bed. Normally we all have our spots and it works out very well, except for last night because one of the humans was missing, so it threw everyone out of their regular spots and sleep cycles.

We really don't mind having them sleep with us. In fact, I kind of like having the extra furry heater next to me.

Superbrat, Glad to hear its going reasonably ok. Middleschoolers are hard. We had a class of them in the museum last week and they act worse than the 3rd grade. I spent the entire tour as a "herder". Meaning I stayed in the back and herded up the stragglers and then I must have said: "get off the pigs, get off the loom, get off the pulpit, get off Mr. McBee" about 100 times. These are all exhibits with big DO NOT TOUCH signs on them. Mr. McBee is a cast figure that talks and he is sitting on a shipping crate, kind of hunched over and apparantly this group thought it would be fun to get on his back piggy back style.

I really enjoy the 3rd and 5th graders. I could do without the middleschoolers from now on.

Hope things get better for you and the kid either draws or stays out of class.
    What's your topic for your speech?
    Last edited by MRD; 02-12-2008 at 09:15 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2790955;
    . . . The one that gives me chills is the third picture on the third line. . .
    Tests for color blindness, then, must be hell for you.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

this is a multiple topic post.

#1 - how stupid was I?
    we have a new glass top stove (along with other new stuff in my kitchen) - but none of my large flat plans will work with it (warped) - I have been putting off getting new cookware -
    tonight was grilled cheese and tomato soup.
    little pan I was grilling the cheese in didn't lay flat on the stove, so I pulled out a heavy glass pie pan.
    It exploded!!! glass shards in 3 rooms to clean up now, and all over my new kitchen (stove, countertop, sink) and anything sitting out. not a piece over 1 inch sq. Hubby is finishing cleaning it up because my asthma has kicked in over the stress, trying to get to all the places, and I was already dealing with some stomach problems (plus his 'suggestions' were really starting to piss me off.
    so, no soup , no sandwiches, and I have a lot of dishes to clean up. :cry

#2 -Time to get new cookware --

so. I am looking for suggestions for cookware to use with a glass top stove. (and hoping I didin't damage it in the explosion).
    I'm not too worried about cost - functionality is more important at this point.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Schmoo! Thank goodness you're okay. Flying glass shards sounds very dangerous. SO glad none of them hit you or Mr. Schmoo.

I don't know about glass stove tops, but I have a Calphalon 5 qt. Dutch Oven that is very flat on the bottom.

Again, so glad you were not hurt, but sorry about the accident!

yes. we seemed to get away with none hitting any of us, including doggy schmoo - although it was a full time fight just keeping him from coming to see what was going on - especially when the vacumn was turned on.

I was standing at the stove at the time. scared the crap out of me, and went flying all around me - but none seemed to hit me (hard to believe , I take up a lot of space).

+ Reply to Thread