+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5835Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Shhh we have one living next door but I don't want them to know that it's this complex...lol

I figure mr buglover can talk to them that way when I leave early in the morning I don't have to watch my back constantly afraid of someone wanting to talk to me about this. There's also an FBI agent who lives up the street so at least if they aren't from this area, it will give them the heads up that this won't be tolerated.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2790668;
    That's what I was thinking too. I may wait until mr buglover is around and have him talk to them as a former pot smoker, etc. He can also let them know we have a juvie cop living in the area who won't think twice about turning them in so they may want to go inside their home.
    This is what I'd go with. That way if you do have to eventually call the cops, they won't think its you, but the cop in the apt. complex. I don't understand this at all. I know many people in apt. complexes who say that a lot of cops live in them also, so why would you do that in an area where not only could there be cops, but there is also a LOT more people around you DON'T know who could turn you in. But hey, pot smoking isn't known for making you smart.

Well Hubby hasn't been gone for 24 hours yet and already my house is amazingly clean and has STAYED that way. He left at 6 a.m. Now usually he goes to work from 7-5. So I've really only been without him maybe 3 hours. 3 hours that he would normally be home. Even my daughter came out a few min. ago and commented on how clean the kitchen has been today. Ha! I knew it was him all along.

And there aren't 3 pairs of his shoes (he only owns 4 pairs total) in the family room either.

Tomorrow at this time I'll be missing that. But today, it has been nice to have cleaned and it has stayed that way.

AND no mail spread all over the table either. In fact, its still out in the box. Guess I better mosey out there and get it since he's not here to do it for me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Your hubby and I would get along great! I keep all my shoes under the table in the kitchen for easy access!! I feel you on missing him or the things he does or doesn't do after a day. I will be so thankful once mr buglover is back from his trip!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2790701;
    Your hubby and I would get along great! I keep all my shoes under the table in the kitchen for easy access!! I feel you on missing him or the things he does or doesn't do after a day. I will be so thankful once mr buglover is back from his trip!
    WEll I don't put mine up exactly, but I do at least walk them to the bedroom before taking them off. I have about 8 (out of 30 pair, I'm a woman, the shoe gene is almost a given. ) in a jumble in FRONT of my closet door. They are not actually IN the closet. But they are at least in the bedroom and not all over the other rooms.

I really won't miss him for another couple hours when its bedtime. Rosie is going to miss him more. She sleeps curled up right next to him at night AND he gets up to take her out at 3 a.m. She's going to have to jump on me, bark and lick my face in order to even WAKE ME UP at 3.

I guess I could get Waldo to lay down on his side of the bed tonight. Waldo snores like a grown man, so it would at least sound the same.

Buglover, hope yours is back soon. Mine actually has to WORK tonight from 9 to 3 a.m. He's NEVER had to work those hours before, so I'm sure he's missing being home in his bed with Rosie too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Awww... my first husband used to work nights and it was horrible. I hope your hubby gets back to normal hours soon....at least so you don't have to wake up to take the dog out at 3am!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Rattus I completely agree with you about people who don't shovel their sidewalks needing to get a fine. When I used to walk to work, I lived in mortal terror of spraining my ankle because people were so friggin' lazy. I guess they don't care if they break their own neck on their way out either.

myrosiedog That is exactly why I enjoy living alone. I can only stand one mess, MINE! tee-hee

Update! I was commanded to update you all on my Teaching thing. It's going ok. The past 2 sessions only 2 kids showed up. Not that I mind lol. I almost blew up at the class, as they were being super brats (and not like MOI!). I even had to lecture a kid and ask him point blank why he was here if he didn't want to draw. (the kid refused to draw anything)

And I finally have a topic for the speech I am writing to see if I am chosen to be the student speaker at graduation
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2790717;
    I guess I could get Waldo to lay down on his side of the bed tonight. Waldo snores like a grown man, so it would at least sound the same.
    HA! - I bet when dear hubby gets back, Waldo will have the space all comfy and hubby will have to take the couch.. tee hee
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I totally don't get people giving up good bed space to dogs and/or cats.
    (Maybe it's just my allergy-induced asthma . . .) But really -- people have their own sleeping spaces; dogs and cats have their own beds -- a place for everyone, and everyone in his/her/its own place.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My dog used to be able to sleep where she wanted-- usually the family room couch. But she used to try to dig holes in the couch, and once she clawed through the cushions too many times, we had to reupholster. Which mushroomed into redecorating the family room. Which, unsurprisingly, led to the dog sleeping in the crate.

Ultimately, though, the crate was a good thing for her-- she got into much less trouble once she had her own "bedroom."

+ Reply to Thread