+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6574Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2790431;
    So I take it that your User ID/Name is an ironic one?
    haha...yea. It's actually for my son, I used to call him bug when he was a toddler!
    Yup, with donuts!!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2790451;
    haha...yea. It's actually for my son, I used to call him bug when he was a toddler!
    Ah...that's adorable, buglover!
    I thought perhaps you were an entomologists. Not that they're not afraid of spiders. Some people are drawn to their worst nightmare.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2790451;
    How cute.

My daughter's name is Lucy and I used to call her Lucy-Bug when she was little. (my mother called her Punkin-Britches. Don't even know where my mom got that from, but its ALL she called her)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

lol my mom used to call me turkey-lips or chicken lips. When I got older I said do you know they don't have lips??
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I work with a woman whose little, very round granddaughter is called Peanut Butter (her real name is Emma). I heard everybody calling her that! It's a name she got at daycare, as I understand. She is adorable, but I call her Emma or Miss Emma.

I heard that here, in the good ol' US of A, there will be a 1 cent postage increase effective May 12....0.42. Didn't it just go up a little while ago?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a situation. The new people in the next complex over are out on the porch smoking pot. I closed the windows because it's coming in the house. I don't know them at all, they just moved in and it's not our complex so I don't know their manager either. There are at least 5 guys over there so I don't want to say anything directly to them but it's beginning to annoy me listening to them cough over and over again. Do I say something directly to them or just call the cops and hope they don't come over to our complex and say something to me later on?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Buglover, unless you think it's a situation where they're too out of it to care or there are too many of them and it puts you in a dangerous situation, you might think about talking to them first. They'll probably appreciate you going to them rather than the cops-- you could even acknowledge that they are new neighbors and warn them that "you wanted to let them know that there are people in the area who are sensitive to the scent, and you wanted to let them know before someone called the police." You don't have to say that "someone" might be you. And then if they don't stop, it's their own fault.

That's what I was thinking too. I may wait until mr buglover is around and have him talk to them as a former pot smoker, etc. He can also let them know we have a juvie cop living in the area who won't think twice about turning them in so they may want to go inside their home.
    Yup, with donuts!!

you could even acknowledge that they are new neighbors and warn them that "you wanted to let them know that there are people in the area who are sensitive to the scent, and you wanted to let them know before someone called the police." You don't have to say that "someone" might be you.
    Missyboxers, have you considered a career in diplomacy?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was going to suggest that you find out if there is an officer living in the complex. Most complexes give cops a serious break on the rent to live there and keep an eye on things, so I think there is a good possibility that there is one nearby.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread