+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 2479 FirstFirst ... 226263646566676869707172737475767778798081821221725721072 ... LastLast
Like Tree6547Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Good luck on your move myrosie! I hope it goes safe and uneventful and can't wait for you to get back online to tell us you're safely moved in.

myrosiedog - best of luck with your packing and your new move! sounds like you're going to need some "down time" once you've settled in. don't forget to take care of yourself. just focus on this move for your family, and it's something that's best for all of you. it's always hard for friends to see their friends move, but if they are truly good friends, they will make a point to come see you sometime, too.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post

Newfherder: How much roughly do you think you spend on doggie food every month for your big lugs?
    Probably not as much as you think. They each eat 3-3/4 cups of kibble a day (split morning and evening,) a half-dozen small dog biscuits after each meal, and whatever they can scrounge from my ex-wife's kids (surprisingly lucrative since the kids are always dropping French fries and leaving peanut butter sandwiches unattended.)

The boys know better than to try to beg food from dear old Dad, which leads to one of those "shake my head and wonder" stories about my ex. We were still married when we got the Newfs (they were all that I really wanted out of the divorce settlement). Before we got the older boy, she was forever hounding me about not giving the dog people food. That was fine with me, but she wouldn't let it go, including on the 15 hour drive to Minnesota. When we were heading back to Kansas, I looked back in the rearview mirror and dang-near put the car in the ditch when I saw that Bjorn's gums were bright orange. As best as I remember, the conversation was:

Me: What the (bleep) is going on with Johan's gums?
    She: His name's not Johan, it's Bjorn. (Another very long story)
    Me: OK, what the (bleep) is wrong with Bjorn's gums?
    She: Nothing.
    Me: NOTHING? They're bright orange!
    She: Oh, that's just peanut butter crackers.
    Me: I thought that we weren't going to give him people food.
    She: But he looked hungry!
    Me: (long string of bleeps)

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    PG-13, guys. Thanks.
    I bet it was just a typo, and misskitty meant tetherball pole.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Amanda: Sorry. My bad.

Newfherder: Yeah, teatherball pole! That's it. So, now that you've piqued our interest, tell us the story about Johan and Bjorn. Please

Amy Lee: The standoff lasted about 16 hours. Too many people stressed out these days. Love your "bi-polar" weather comment

--------------

OK Everyone........have you had your Dairy Queen BLIZZARD today? It's Children's Miracle Network Blizzard Day! All money from those purchased today go to your local children's hospitals! Go get yours now! Yumm!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Newf, i've seen those dogs of yours. They're huge. I don't even have one.

P.S. i'd have to go out of my way just to find a DQ.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD
    I have long suspected that my husband, a fairly smart man most times sufferes from bouts of rectal-cranial disease and this move has definetly proved it. (Rectal-cranial disease is more commonly known as head up the butt syndrome).

I'm going to be a drooling in the corner idiot by the time the Uhaul pulls out in the morning because of him.

He had me at Walmart at 5:30 this morning. I was still so alseep, I'm not even sure why or what we bought. I can't remember if I even brushed my teeth to go (althought its Walmart, don't think it matters) His agenda is so different than mine, that I don't even know if we are moving to the same place tomorrow!

He just told me that he's leaving to go drop off his work truck, paperwork and work cell and won't be back for a couple of hours. My fibromyalgia is kicking up and I feel like poop on toast, so I don't think he'll know if I climb back in bed for a nap for an hour. I think I will be more productive after that. Not that I'm productive now being on the computer. But as of tonight, we will be offline until Wed. now, I have to get in as much time as I can before the withdrawal symptoms start in.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

We'll look forward to seeing you back online Wednesday, myrosiedog! Hope your fibromyalgia lets up. Why does everything hurt WORSE in the morning?! I have a knee that has been bothering me for months. Finally got it xrayed yesterday. It is so stiff and sometimes painful in the morning.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I have long suspected that my husband, a fairly smart man most times sufferes from bouts of rectal-cranial disease and this move has definetly proved it. (Rectal-cranial disease is more commonly known as head up the butt syndrome).
    If you want, I can refer him to a good proctoneurologist
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    If you want, I can refer him to a good proctoneurologist

Ah, I see you must suffer from it occasionally too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm going to change the topic completely...

I discovered last weekend that I had a gift certificate in a clothing store that expired this Sunday. So I had to drag myself to the store and force myself to buy something (the hardships ). It was the end of sale so I got both one bolero and a shirt, something I would never have bought without the certificate. So it was good that I discovered it. (How annoying would it have been if I had found it on Monday, the day after the expiration?)

+ Reply to Thread