+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I usually check my mail on my way in everyday from work, and the days I am off, if I happen to be there when the mail is delivered I get it, otherwise it may sit until Monday.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2788324;
    gabriel, your response, I think, speaks to the differences in the way men would deal with "our slugs" as opposed to the way that women, sometimes, tend to want to deal with "our slugs". I, like you, would get off the "Dan train" if he was being so reluctant in cooperation. He'd have to show me something before I decided to get back on again!
    I'm a woman, and I agree with Gabriel.

Of course, it's now Sunday night, and I haven't read to the end of this thread and don't know what Gutmutter's decision was.

But if it were I, and if the kid showed no signs of change, I'd read his "so are you coming to my event" as yet another attempt at manipulative behavior, and I would not change my plans "just in case" my caving in to his wishes would make him a warm fuzzy contributing member of the household. :nono (But then again, I can be a real beeyotch, and the kid would have been out of my home a long time ago. . .)

Gutmutter:
    Bravo for not giving in to Dan! You actually did him a favor by not giving into his manipulations and enabling his negative behavior. AND, you made all those wonderful Valentines for the positive people in your life, who are ultimately way more important in the big picture.

Whoever has the snakes in the basement:
    A modified Samuel L. Jackson line comes to mind for your daughter: "I've had it with these m**f** snakes in this m**f** basement!"
    And your post made me very thankful for my little second-story apartment with no basement!
    Last edited by Ellen; 02-10-2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Read more stuff so wanted to add more stuff
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2789486;
    She didn't have snakes, though. She had D-Con.
    We have D-Con as well... it worked too well on the household animals, because the dog had to have her stomach pumped as well!

I'm another mail lover--I don't think I'd ever be able to stand leaving it out there for more than a few hours. And I always have it stopped if I'm going to be gone more than two days in a row.
    It's just something about never knowing what cool catalog I might get, or travel info I've forgotten I ordered, or whatever.
    I always wanted to be the one to bring in the mail when I was a little kid too, for as far back as I can remember!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2789986;
    I'm another mail lover--I don't think I'd ever be able to stand leaving it out there for more than a few hours. And I always have it stopped if I'm going to be gone more than two days in a row.
    It's just something about never knowing what cool catalog I might get, or travel info I've forgotten I ordered, or whatever.
    I always wanted to be the one to bring in the mail when I was a little kid too, for as far back as I can remember!
    My husband LOVES Wed. mail because that is the day we get the coupons!!!!
    Personally I think the big coupon thing is a load of crap as we've never used any of the coupons because they aren't to places we go (it's usually business coupons not grocery ones). But he religiously goes through them just in case there is something in there that we might use.

If I get the mail, I stand by the outside garbage can and pitch about 80% of what we get before ever bringing it in the house.

My husband brings it all in and then proceeds to spread it all, junk included all over the kitchen table. This happens about 30 min. before I'm trying to put supper on said table too. :nono
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I love getting the mail. usually because I am waiting on payment checks from clients.
    hate when hubby gets it, cause he stands there going through it real slow and then just hands it all to me anyhow.

just give me the darn mail and I'll give you back what is yours (so then he can just give it back to me to 'hold' - I hate that so much)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2790009;
    If I get the mail, I stand by the outside garbage can and pitch about 80% of what we get before ever bringing it in the house.
    I wouldn't recommend that you do that. Amazingly enough, criminals have found ways to use your junk mail to commit fraud (I have no idea exactly how). Absolutely nothing with our names/address on it goes into recycling in our house. We keep a kindling bucket by the fireplace where any junk mail actually addressed to us, old bills and even the name/address section on catalogues goes to be burned on a semi-regular basis.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2790078;
    I wouldn't recommend that you do that. Amazingly enough, criminals have found ways to use your junk mail to commit fraud (I have no idea exactly how). Absolutely nothing with our names/address on it goes into recycling in our house. We keep a kindling bucket by the fireplace where any junk mail actually addressed to us, old bills and even the name/address section on catalogues goes to be burned on a semi-regular basis.
    We shred ours.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2790078;
    Most of it is either addressed to "occupant" or to the people that lived here before us. It's all the crap mail. I shred the other stuff and we keep a fairly close eye on our credit as well.

My daughter put us on a list for stopping catalogs. She had read about a recycling effort a school did using catalogs and what a waste it is, so she had all catalogs stopped. We rarely get catalogs anymore. Which is fine with me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My pet peeve today...People with songs on their answering machine. A little music is fine. Playing the ENTIRE song is irritating. I hung up way before the beep. No message I have to leave is that important.

While I'm at it, we had takeout the other night from a local Mexican restaurant. They charged 25 cents for each takeout container. Why? If we'd dined in and had leftovers, the "doggie bag" would have been free. We paid the same price for our meals and actually saved them since no one had to wait our table, clean our table, or wash our dishes. I know it's only a quarter(x 2) but still. Ridiculous!
    Last edited by lildago; 02-11-2008 at 11:19 AM.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread