+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Glad to hear you are on your Own side, Gut! Sometimes, that's just where we need to be!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2788549;
    I was afraid to come here because of the strong feelings about me going to Dan's concert. I don't think I conveyed adequately: 1. How huge my valentine effort is. 2. My phobia of driving in bad weather. 3. The extent to which Dan has not entered into the spirit of "family" since coming to our home. Thank you gabriel, for grasping my side of the equation. It is snowing quite heavily.
    Don't be afraid! We'd always support your choice! That's what the FORT family's for!

I admire your Valentine's effort. I simply picked up a bunch of cards for my family and a little box of Valentines for my friends. I can only imagine the effort you're putting forth.

I was afraid to come here because of the strong feelings about me going to Dan's concert. I don't think I conveyed adequately: 1. How huge my valentine effort is. 2. My phobia of driving in bad weather. 3. The extent to which Dan has not entered into the spirit of "family" since coming to our home. Thank you gabriel, for grasping my side of the equation. It is snowing quite heavily.
    No need to be afraid. You did what was right for you and no one here will judge you for that.

Ok, you have snakes in your basement? I would have a hard time doing laundry, too.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2788634;
    Ok, you have snakes in your basement? I would have a hard time doing laundry, too.
    I'd be sending mine out! And I might have trouble being on the first floor too--I'm positively petrified of snakes, to the point where I freak out if I see one on TV or in a magazine. Last fall, I was running on the treadmill at the gym, watching my usual ESPN, and I saw an ad on the next tv screen over for a tv show- I forget which one, but the commercial prominently featured a snake, and I nearly fell off the treadmill.

Good for you, Gut! You did what you needed to do for you, and there is no shame in that.

Side note - How did Dan take it? Or does he know??

Oh you are so welcome. I hate driving in snow myself, as a matter of fact I don't enjoy driving period, and I really know what you were feeling somehow about the lack of "family" spirit, Hence my steadfastness standing at your side even in cyber land.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Oh Gut please don't think I think any less of you because you didn't go. You had to do what was best for you, and I do understand driving phobias. But you asked for our advice and because I don't live with the guy, I gave the "in a perfect world" advice. I'm sure he'll be fine, and you'll be fine. You're an angel for hosting him, and you've tried so hard to make his stay memorable. I've read about your ventures to different festivals where he's been less than appreciative and I would only hope that if my kids were staying in a foreign country they'd have someone like you for a host. Don't ever stay away because you're afraid of what we'll say. I know that you do your best, and your best is more than good enough. I bet your Valentines are a knock-out. When can I get one??
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2788664;
    I'd be sending mine out! And I might have trouble being on the first floor too--I'm positively petrified of snakes, to the point where I freak out if I see one on TV or in a magazine. Last fall, I was running on the treadmill at the gym, watching my usual ESPN, and I saw an ad on the next tv screen over for a tv show- I forget which one, but the commercial prominently featured a snake, and I nearly fell off the treadmill.
    I agree. I'm terrified of snakes too. I change the channel when I see one on TV. I avoid "The Reptile House" when I take my nephew to the Zoo. I don't like critters with NO legs or 8 legs!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Thanks for the support everyone. I know I asked advice, but I guess I had already made up my mind and was feeling a little guilty. He came home laughing with old students of mine who came in and wanted to hug me (in my sweats with hair sticking up and glasses on). A few people have PMed me about my valentines and since I'm clueless about posting pictures, here is a verbal description... All year long I save unusual pictures from magazines. Vogue usually has bizarre themes, National Geographic is a gold mine, the art teacher just gave me a stack of knitting ones from the 60s with Twiggy modeling sweaters and men with pipes striking genial poses. I keep them in a folder and I have a box of hearts I cut out from magazine pictures with interesting colors and patterns (Vogue again) - all sizes. I have another box with heart stickers that I add to every year so there is a huge variety - probably over a hundred sheets with some or all on them. I even use the negative space hearts when all the stickers are gone. So I make a list (about 60 this year - but I don't do Christmas cards! - I keep addresses from the ones I get) and then I start doing collage with pictures, cut-out hearts, stickers, printed messages from magazines, etc. Once I get focused and on a roll I really get into it and churn those puppies out. Each one has special meaning for the person receiving it, not just random pictures.
    Count your blessings!

It's probably too late now, but from your first post, I would say, just don't go. I think you've gone above and beyond what you should have put up with from Dan anyway. To me, the weather wouldn't even matter. If you are supposed to be Dan's only support here, maybe he should be thinking about that when he eats up all the family food and demands you supply him with this or that, and show more respect.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread