+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Waiting to read something from Gutmutter about what she is doing with this concert thing.. *tapping foot*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2788345;
    Waiting to read something from Gutmutter about what she is doing with this concert thing.. *tapping foot*
    Me too.

I would have been torn if I were her. On the one hand he doesn't have a parent here and wanted her to go. On the other hand he hasn't actually treated her with a lot of respect and with the weather, I wouldn't have wanted to go.
    I probably couldn't have offered much advice on this one because I would have been very conflicted on it myself.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If he were a soloist, I might have been a bit more concerned. He needs to learn a few lessons in "you get as good as you give." I don't really believe in "doing guilt".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Hmm. Just catching up on the Gutmutter saga. If we haven't heard from her, does that mean she went?

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Or she's hard at work on Valentines!

When I read this:

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2787810;
    Ack! Not an option! We are talking about works of art here! I hate to sound full of myself, but these are no ordinary valentines. I have people who wait all year for them and have decades of them on their walls. There was even an article in the paper about them one year by a woman who is on the receiving end.
    I thought to myself that this is one of the few places on the internet where I would read something like this and believe it! We have some very crafty and talented people around here!

But yeah, I'm curious too.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2788345;
    I was afraid to come here because of the strong feelings about me going to Dan's concert. I don't think I conveyed adequately: 1. How huge my valentine effort is. 2. My phobia of driving in bad weather. 3. The extent to which Dan has not entered into the spirit of "family" since coming to our home. Thank you gabriel, for grasping my side of the equation. It is snowing quite heavily.
    Count your blessings!

My phobia of driving in bad weather
    I understand completely. As much as I enjoy my music classes, I've cancelled two piano lessons this winter because of road conditions (much to the amusement of my Canadian-by-birth teacher.) I wasn't scheduled to perform in the winter recital (thank goodness, this teacher and my previous one don't force that on their adult students) but given the freezing rain that day, I would have certainly bailed.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Thanks Newf. We can't pick and choose our phobias. I don't make my daughter help with laundry because there are snakes in the basement - her phobia (I love them).
    Count your blessings!

Thanks for sharing those stories with us, myrosiedog. It's nice to hear personal stories about the Civil Rights Movement along with the facts you read in books and hear on television.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2788549;
    2. My phobia of driving in bad weather.
    It is snowing quite heavily.
    I can understand not wanting to drive in bad weather, especially in a storm. I don't have a phobia as far as that's concerned, per se, but I don't actively seek it out, and if you'd be nervous, better just to stay off the road. Frankly, in heavy snow, a drive that would normally take you an hour and a half would probably take what, twice as long?

I'm kind of surprised that they haven't postponed the concert altogether, with the weather.

I'm also curious to see these famous valentines. I want to see some pictures!

+ Reply to Thread