+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2787796;
    I would go Gutmutter. He has nobody and obviously wants someone there to see him perform. And you can always ask him to help with the Valentines to save you some time.
    Ack! Not an option! We are talking about works of art here! I hate to sound full of myself, but these are no ordinary valentines. I have people who wait all year for them and have decades of them on their walls. There was even an article in the paper about them one year by a woman who is on the receiving end. It may come down to the weather. I have a phobia about driving in bad weather. I'd be in a car alone with no cell phone driving 3 hours total. I could tell him I was there and he'd never know, but I wouldn't do that.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2787796;
    I would go Gutmutter. He has nobody and obviously wants someone there to see him perform.
    I agree. I think he really wants you to be there, Gut. If he didn't he wouldn't even think to ask. I think it could help improve your relationship. It couldn't hurt it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2787825;
    I agree. I think he really wants you to be there, Gut. If he didn't he wouldn't even think to ask. I think it could help improve your relationship. It couldn't hurt it.
    I would also have to agree -- although I also have the part of me inside that says - eh, skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2787825;
    One more thing to add then I will shut up. Right now you are all he has in this country and maybe he is missing his family so that's why he asked you.

Ok, shutting up as promised.

I kind of like the going, if the weather cooperates. I know he's been quite the pain, but it also does sound like it'd mean a lot to him for you to be there. If he won't be able to see you, you could always pretend you went. I kid, I kid.. I think.

Ok I have a rant. Today I called the H&R Block office that we had our taxes done at to find out the status of our refund check. I know ya'll don't know me but I am a very friendly and polite person. Heres how our conversation went.

Me: I'd like to know the status of my refund check.

Her: (Everything she said was very rude and abrupt.) Call the number on the back of your envelope.

Me: I got the card.

Her: Call that number its the same.

Me: Could you give me the number as I don't have the card with me.

Her: No I am busy back here bringing up....(Something to do with taxes.)

Me: Is there anyone there who can give me the number?

Her: No they're all busy prepareing returns.

Me: (By this time tired of her attitude.) Could you be any more rude?

Her: Yes.

Me: Oh really? I'm sure your manager would love to hear that. Can I have your name again?

Her: Ma'am I'm bringing the number up right now.

Me: Ok

Her: If you had a stressful job like I do you'd be rude too.

Me: (Speechless)

Her: (Gave me the number and hung up.)

I'd like to point out that I am an administrator for an assisted living facility. My job is 365 days of stressful. I don't have any sympathy for her just because her job is stressful this time of year. I know I am far from being the only person who has called and asked for the number, is it to much to ask them to write it down and have it near the telephone for quick reference?

I would call and complain anyway. Even though you don't have her name, chances are the manager could figure it out from the time and attitude. If she was like that with you chances are she has an attitude anyway.

I would complain too. I agree rattling off a phone number is not that difficult. I'm sure it's part of her job. If only people were more curtious to one another.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2787902;
    I know I am far from being the only person who has called and asked for the number, is it to much to ask them to write it down and have it near the telephone for quick reference?

No, it's not too much to ask, but it does require common sense....something that is not always a given in this society. I've always enjoyed making my job as easy as possible, and not adding to my own stress by giving callers grief when they have called me for help.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2787810;
    Ack! Not an option! We are talking about works of art here! I hate to sound full of myself, but these are no ordinary valentines. I have people who wait all year for them and have decades of them on their walls. There was even an article in the paper about them one year by a woman who is on the receiving end. It may come down to the weather. I have a phobia about driving in bad weather. I'd be in a car alone with no cell phone driving 3 hours total. I could tell him I was there and he'd never know, but I wouldn't do that.
    He couldn't help you at all? Not even doing menial tasks like cutting paper or something? I don't want to seem like I'm totally on his side because I know you've had problems with him. But at the top-level of circumstances you've given us, it just seems kind of heartbreaking that he'll be there alone. Maybe you could talk to him and find out how much it really means to him before making your decision. Or find out if there's another competition in the future and promise to be at that one, but skip this one because of the weather and the time-crunch for your Valentines.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread