+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6246Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Well, that was easy. I dabbed the ink stain with alcohol and it disappeared immediately. I was expecting to have a though time getting rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2787401;
    Well, that was easy. I dabbed the ink stain with alcohol and it disappeared immediately. I was expecting to have a though time getting rid of it.
    Awesome! Glad it worked.

My son has a carpet cleaning business and gave me the hairspray hint quite some time ago. It's the alcohol that does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2786769;
    The bad weather managed to miss me but about 30 minutes away from me a tornado touched down (I think it was a F3) and killed 4 people (so far)....I love storms and I'm not afraid of them but I definitely don't like tornadoes coming through at night when you can't see them.

I hope Muduh is OK there in Memphis too! They caught some storms/tornadoes too...
    Thanks goodness you are ok. I hope Mudah is too. Anyone else out there who was close to all the action?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Muduh was posting in Survivor last night so I am assuming she is ok.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I have a connundrum and I always value the advice of you folks here. Dan (exchange student) is in a huge regional concert tomorrow inolving many area high school and middle school choirs and bands performing together. He will be one kid out of hundreds. He keeps asking me if I am going to attend. It is about an hour and a half away. We are supposed to be getting snow starting about the same time as the concert. He is going on a school bus there and back, so doesn't need me to take him. I really don't have any interest in going, but he really seems to want me there. I also have never started my valentines this late before, I make several dozen by hand and had put this whole weekend aside to do them, but the concert would take most of the day. I hate myself for having such a hard heart toward this kid, but he has done nothing in any way shape or form to contribute. He told me at 7:00 tonight that he needs a white button down shirt for tomorrow, so I had to get dressed, drive him 15 min. in a cold car to Walmart. What would you do?
    Count your blessings!

oh that's a tough one. How about this - Tell him you will attend only if the weather co-operates. - There's your out.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I would go Gutmutter. He has nobody and obviously wants someone there to see him perform. And you can always ask him to help with the Valentines to save you some time.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2787796;
    I would go Gutmutter. He has nobody and obviously wants someone there to see him perform. And you can always ask him to help with the Valentines to save you some time.
    I was going to post this same thing with the add, that it may make him open up a bit more, but I really don't think so. I think Gutmutter should really think of herself. Call me callous.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I agree with Burntbrat. It sounds like its a pretty big deal. You are the only parent figure he has right now and he's asking you to be there. You have to go.
    If its going to be that huge of an event that you wouldn't be able to see each other anyways you could take your Valentines stuff with you and work on them in the car and then tell Dan you really enjoyed it but hated that you didn't see him in the crowd.

+ Reply to Thread