+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6938Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Had to go into my extra loud, "major Momma voice" today when I was tutoring, due to a disruptive 10 year old boy (who is on the verge of becoming a middle schooler, and is already showing the psychosis) who is usually causing chaos. I had to tell him to get out, and not to come back to where I was again. You could have heard a pin drop in that place. They've never seen that side of Miss Shay....and I had a peaceful day for the rest of the session. Can hardly wait until tomorrow!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ok MRD - I survived chemo, so I know some tricks. Gingerale only works if it really has ginger, otherwise get yourself some ginger tea in bags, or keep a ginger root in your freezer and slice off pieces to make tea as needed. I love crystalized ginger and the pink ginger slices in a jar (pickled?) that are served with sushi. But when I'm really sick I always count on an old cocktail waitress concoction - bitters in club soda. I keep bitters on hand just for that. It really works. When you can eat, keep it bland and starchy... crackers, baked potato, toast, rice. Drink lots of hot tea (ginger, chamomile, mint) and keep a heating pad on your tummy. Hope you feel better. And as for bathing dogs in cold weather - mine loves the hair drier afterwards. I make a big deal out of it and make sure to get him completely dry because he will get cold otherwise. He's small with long silky hair. After a bath and a blow out I love to bury my nose in his fur and go mmmmmmmm.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2784829;
    Sorry to double post, but I'm in need of advice.

My daughter started getting sick last night. Today I feel like I may be following her. I am really nauseous. Besides gingerale and soda crackers, anyone have any suggestions for calming a stormy stomach?
    Ginger tea always works well for me. The ginger teabags are okay, but fresh ginger is way more effective. It's even better if someone does it for you rather than if you do it yourself.
    Peel a hunk of ginger root -- with a paring knife is okay; it doesn't have to be fancy or perfect. Slice it up (doesn't have to be tiny). Simmer it in a small saucepan for five minutes or so (I have no idea what the measurements are) until the kitchen smells gingery. Pour it through a small strainer into whatever mug makes you feel good. Sip, enjoy, and feel better. (Add a little honey or agave nectar if you like it sweetened. Add a little lemon if you like the ginger-lemon combo.)
    I put my famous ribs in the crockpot and even the smell is making me sick.
    You're not pregnant, are you?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2785479;

We're waiting for an answer .. tapping foot......
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm waiting too.

While im waiting, i just started working and i find myself taking trips to the ladies room at least twice an hour. Today was my first day bringing my coffee.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2785591;
    I'm waiting too.

While im waiting, i just started working and i find myself taking trips to the ladies room at least twice an hour. Today was my first day bringing my coffee.
    What kind of work are you doing? (I imagine not teaching, unless you have an assistant . . .)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Front desk Reception. Ennui is thy name.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2785479;

THAT is NOT even funny!!!!!! No way, no how, not now, not ever again!!!!!

WHatever it was, only lasted a short while. I drank the peppermint tea and had toast. The rest of the family ate the ribs and I went to bed at 7:30 and slept all night. And the kitchen this morning is about ready to send me BACK to bed. You'd think that since I didn't feel well, they'd have cleaned up. NO. Dishes everywhere and the crockpot full of rib sauce that they didn't even bother to empty. UGH! I think I may feel a relapse coming on.

We can't use the hairdryer on the dogs because they are scared of it. I know, I have weird dogs.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm glad you're feeling better, MRD. And yeah, that kitchen mess is just unnecessary! Although I have to say, I don't think it would be any different in my house. [sigh]

MRD

Sorry for the double post. We are having server problems (charter has been doing this to us for 3 days and I have a lot of problems with the internet and couldn't get back to edit my previous p age)

I think I told you guys that my husband started a new job recently. Well the 2 partners that own the business are going to be on a panel discussion tonight at the museum I volunteer for. We have been doing stuff all week for Black History Month and tonight is the discussion panel on the Civil Rights movement in Greenville.

I met my husbands new bosses last week and they are both so nice. The one was part of the "Greenville 8" who was arrested for sitting at the whites only part of the Woolworth lunch counter in Greenville back in the 60's. She is fascinating. I could have talked to her all day the other day when I met her.
    She is also very big into the arts and has volunteered to help my daughter who wants to major now in art in college.

Anyway, I'm very excited as I know 3 of the panel members now and all 3 are so interesting and I can't wait to hear their stories.
    And I'm also excited as this is going to be a very big thing for the museum. And they are expecting quite a few people and are hoping to get more exposure in the community (we're still new and still struggling to get recognized at times). In addition to Black History Month, we are going to be featuring the year 1968 all though this year. We have things planned on "40 years after Tet", and 40 years after the assinations of MLK and RFK.

We have a rather large Civil Rights section in the museum and am looking forward to meeting some of the other leaders that we feature that are going to be there tonight. And tonight does kick off our "looking back on history" programs that we will be having bi-monthly.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread