+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6989Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2784363;
    I have beef stew in the crock pot for tomorrow night. I'll cook it today when I have time, then let those flavors mix in the fridge until tomorrow, then reheat it.
    It's always better the 2nd day, but I couldn't smell it today and not at least sample it tonight.

I have my famous crockpot ribs going right now.

I have a rant.
    Yesterday was sunny and 72 here. I BEGGED my husband to bathe the two smaller dogs (they are smelly) and he assured me today would be the same. No, its rainy and cold. Rosie's already shaking, so no bath today. I am so angry. I can't do it. They are too much for me to handle and I get a weird allergic thing going in the palms of my hands when I bathe them.
    GRRRRR, I really hate his procrastinating. He's got a couple days off work, so instead of doing the stuff that he's been putting off to do knowing he had time off coming, he's managed to piddle around wasting time.
    Not that I waste ANY time, especially not when I'm on FORT.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2784363;
    I have beef stew in the crock pot for tomorrow night. I'll cook it today when I have time, then let those flavors mix in the fridge until tomorrow, then reheat it.
    OK, I've just got to ask this question...and please don't take it the wrong way (whatever way that might be)...You've got the stew in the crock pot, and you'll cook it "when you have time". All this takes is throwing a switch/dial, and going about your regular day or night's sleep. I'm promise you, I'm just trying to understand! Are you a crock pot watcher??

mrd, in my house, when somebody isn't doing something that somebody else thinks they should be doing...the phrase is, "If it isn't getting done fast enough for you, do it yourself!" It has become a running joke, since this was one of my mother's phrases! When my son says it to me, I give him "the eye" and growl out...."You'd better run!!!", and we're loping through the house!!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 02-06-2008 at 12:53 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think it means "I will cook it today because I have the time"
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2784424;
    OK, I've just got to ask this question...and please don't take it the wrong way (whatever way that might be)...You've got the stew in the crock pot, and you'll cook it "when you have time". All this takes is throwing a switch/dial, and going about your regular day or night's sleep. I'm promise you, I'm just trying to understand! Are you a crock pot watcher??

mrd, in my house, when somebody isn't doing something that somebody else thinks they should be doing...the phrase is, "If it isn't getting done fast enough for you, do it yourself!" It has become a running joke, since this was one of my mother's phrases! When my son says it to me, I give him "the eye" and growl out...."You'd better run!!!", and we're loping through the house!!

The problem is that the things he promised to do are things I can't do. LIke the dogs. If I bathe them, then I have to take benedryl and then I'm alseep for the rest of the day. Not too bad considering its rainy here. Maybe I will just do it that way and then HE can do all the stuff I was going to do and couldn't because I had to take benedryl and fell asleep.

Still its too cold to bathe Rosie. Yesterday would have been perfect. She shakes so hard and gets so cold. I won't put her through that today even if we do provide her with her own heating pad after a bath.

I have just spent 2 hours of my life I'll never get back at the IRS office. AGH, we needed a duplicate 1099 form because we lost one. ARGH, We waited 90 min. just to be seen to get 90 seconds worth of help to get the form. AND we got there when they opened at 8:30.

Newf,
    I meant to comment on your recent Opera experience. I'm glad it went well except for the idiot reading the subtitles out loud. Too bad they don't serve popcorn at the opera. I find that throwing popcorn at the talkers in movies, usually shuts them up. Who knew you needed a straw and spitballs at the Opera?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2784423;
    It's always better the 2nd day, but I couldn't smell it today and not at least sample it tonight.

I have my famous crockpot ribs going right now.

I have a rant.
    Yesterday was sunny and 72 here. I BEGGED my husband to bathe the two smaller dogs (they are smelly) and he assured me today would be the same. No, its rainy and cold. Rosie's already shaking, so no bath today. I am so angry. I can't do it. They are too much for me to handle and I get a weird allergic thing going in the palms of my hands when I bathe them.
    GRRRRR, I really hate his procrastinating. He's got a couple days off work, so instead of doing the stuff that he's been putting off to do knowing he had time off coming, he's managed to piddle around wasting time.
    Not that I waste ANY time, especially not when I'm on FORT.

Ma'am? RAMBO does not do dogs.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2784759;
    Ma'am? RAMBO does not do dogs.
    He does now.

When we got married and got a dog, he said: "I've never had a dog in the house".
    Ha, I didn't even listen to that.

Then he said: "I'd never let a dog on the bed". Within 2 days not only was Annie sleeping with us, but she was sleeping with HIM. By day 3 she had totally won him over. We've had 2 female dogs in the time we've been married and both of them were his sweethearts. Both love him more than anyone else and its reciprocated.

He may have this tough, gruff exterior, but its all for show. He's not all like his nickname. In fact, you should hear how he talks to Rosie. He doesn't even talk to ME that way.

Should I mention that his first nickname that followed him birth until we got married and I put my foot DOWN was Opie Taylor?
    That's all his family and a lot of his friends called him and its even on some of his elementary school report cards.
    I said I was NOT in Mayberry and I was not marrying Opie or Rambo.

There's a store here called O.P. Taylors and I cringe everytime I see it.

Did I mention that I lost 2 hours of my life I'll never get back in the IRS office today? We needed a duplicate 1099 that got lost and we waited 1 hour and 15 min. to get to a person that could get it. I don't know that much about taxes, but I could have handled about half the questions in the waiting room. In fact the level of stupidity was so high in that waiting room that I was afraid it was contagious.
    Example: "Why do I have to pay taxes on money I take out of my IRA? I thought that was to avoid paying taxes."

"I have income I don't want to declare, how do I do that?" HA! The IRS will tax your income even if from ill gotten means. Don't even mention you have income in their presence or they will swoop down like the blood suckers they are.
    That one took the cake. ALL of us have income we'd rather not declare. Good luck with that one.
    Last edited by MRD; 02-06-2008 at 05:28 PM.

MRD

Sorry to double post, but I'm in need of advice.

My daughter started getting sick last night. Today I feel like I may be following her. I am really nauseous. Besides gingerale and soda crackers, anyone have any suggestions for calming a stormy stomach?
    I put my famous ribs in the crockpot and even the smell is making me sick.

Help, I hate this feeling. At this point I want it to either go away or go ahead and get it over with so I can feel better. The inbetween is the worst part.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2784829;
    Besides gingerale and soda crackers, anyone have any suggestions for calming a stormy stomach?
    I find that mint works really well. If you don't have any mint tea, even a piece of gum or a hard candy can help. Good luck - hope you get to eat your slaved over ribs.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2784829;
    Sorry to double post, but I'm in need of advice.

My daughter started getting sick last night. Today I feel like I may be following her. I am really nauseous. Besides gingerale and soda crackers, anyone have any suggestions for calming a stormy stomach?
    I put my famous ribs in the crockpot and even the smell is making me sick.

Help, I hate this feeling. At this point I want it to either go away or go ahead and get it over with so I can feel better. The inbetween is the worst part.
    Toast and tea is what does it for me.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2784844;
    I find that mint works really well. If you don't have any mint tea, even a piece of gum or a hard candy can help. Good luck - hope you get to eat your slaved over ribs.
    Oh, god yes, I slaved over them. Like that old Rice Krispie treat commercial where the mom throws flour all over her to make her family think she worked so hard.

thanks both to you and Gabriel. I have peppermint tea and I have toast (well I have bread, I don't keep a stock of toast ready made. ). I don't know that I can choke down the toast though. I may try tea first and see how that goes.
    I didn't even think about the tea. (out of sight, out of mind in this house)

I don't feel bad except for the tummy. I actually feel ok, no fever or anything. Daughter has fever. Hope this isn't a sign of what's to come.

+ Reply to Thread