+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

So I'm not the only one eh?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, I'll make my famous 7 layer salad, but that's as far as I'm going.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

queenb - You are right. It used to be the mayo that spoiled because it was usually homemade and not necessarily correctly done. The processed, preservative-laden, acidic store-bought mayo is less likely to be the culprit. Now, the potatoes are more likely to be the bacterial breeding-ground, especially if they are not properly cooled and stored, because of their moisture content and pH.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2782571;
    My mom boiled the vegetables on Tuesday night, i believe she put them in the fridge and she made them on Thursday(not something i'd ever do).
    A boiled potato in the fridge doesn't sound to me like the sort of thing that would cause food poisoning. Maybe if it were left out and rolled in a raw chicken breast or something..

That said, and at full risk of being very redundant, from the symptoms you've described, it doesn't sound like your body was trying to PURGE any particular item, rather it sounds like it was reacting to something you ate.

Allergic reactions aren't necessarily the first thing you think of-- when I had mine, the only reason I suspected it was because I'd had an allergy shot the day before. My doctor wasn't even positive it was a reaction, but the stakes are sufficiently high so that she treated it as such, and retrospectively judging by the way I bounced back so quickly from the treatment, we believe it was an allergic reaction.

What's that saying? An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?

---

I'm with you advance-preppers. If not for advance preparation, there would be nights where I wouldn't eat until 10 pm.

My money's on allergic reaction -- I've had allergic reactions with similar symptoms. The allergen could be an ingredient, a result of a combination of one or more ingredients (my allergist says that food allergies are tricky this way), or perhaps a tiny bit of early mold growth.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Snow day here. As Vicky RHOOC would say: WOO-HOO!

Let's see, there is laundry to do, grocerys to buy, meals to cook, and a house to clean. And a whole free day to do it in! Isn't it funny what makes moms happy?

DD just got over the flu. We are having a epidemic here in our town. Fever-hers got almost to 103. Cough, dizziness,muscle aches, sore throat. She didn't even get out of bed for almost 2 days. Didn't even get on the phone or facebook either! I know that girly was sick. She is almost back to normal with a boatload of school work to do.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Newbie

I posted for the first time yesterday in a RHOOC thread just to come back to post again and see it's no longer possible. A girl can get a real complex.

Is this common to not be able to post in threads once the show is no longer on tv?

Quote Originally Posted by toodles;2784247;
    I posted for the first time yesterday in a RHOOC thread just to come back to post again and see it's no longer possible. A girl can get a real complex.

Is this common to not be able to post in threads once the show is no longer on tv?
    It's not you, toodles. That forum had some issues and it was decided to close it for now. A time out, if you will.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

FORT Newbie

I appreciate your response.

I'm sure I'll find many more threads to post to. It's a little overwhelming with so many though.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2783983;
    I'm with you advance-preppers. If not for advance preparation, there would be nights where I wouldn't eat until 10 pm.
    I have beef stew in the crock pot for tomorrow night. I'll cook it today when I have time, then let those flavors mix in the fridge until tomorrow, then reheat it.

+ Reply to Thread