+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5651Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

. . . I love his song American Girl . . .
    Whenever I hear "American Girl," I think of Silence of the Lambs.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Not only am I not familiar with Tom Petty, but none of his music sounded familiar or interesting to me, either. I don't mean to offend any of his fans, but I thought his music was bland but, maybe it's just me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2781771;
    I do have to say that he is probably the least attractive man in rock and roll though.
    Really? I think he's adorable - love the overbite.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2781865;
    I have always LOVED his music, but have thought he shares a slight resemblance to Riff Raff of Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I do like him better without the beard he was sporting last night though.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday right? I'm really in the mood for pancakes, so am trying to think of a good excuse to have them for dinner, but maybe I can wait until tomorrow and tell everyone its in preparation for Lent. Which they will all ask me "what's lent?" because we're not Catholic. But I do rememeber fondly the pancake breakfast we got on Fat Tuesday at Catholic school. However, the nuns did NOT call it "Fat" tuesday.

Easter's early this year hmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2781865;
    Heh. I used to have a wicked crush on Tom Petty, but that was back in the "Refugee" days. I also really, really wanted to go to his concert here - it's in August and the tickets went on sale today - but $99 each is just too much.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2781961;
    Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday right? I'm really in the mood for pancakes, so am trying to think of a good excuse to have them for dinner, but maybe I can wait until tomorrow and tell everyone its in preparation for Lent. Which they will all ask me "what's lent?" because we're not Catholic. But I do rememeber fondly the pancake breakfast we got on Fat Tuesday at Catholic school. However, the nuns did NOT call it "Fat" tuesday.

Easter's early this year hmmmm?
    Oh, excellent. I've been having a huge hankering for pancakes lately, and I feel entirely comfortable using my lapsed Catholicism as an excuse to dine on them. And then I will go whole hog (no funny comments, please :nono) into Lent. Let me see...I believe I shall give up all sweets for Lent, with the sole exception of sugarless Werthers (need them to keep me from smoking).

Thanks for the reminder, mrd. I haven't been keeping up with the calendar.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2781976;
    Heh. I used to have a wicked crush on Tom Petty, but that was back in the "Refugee" days. I also really, really wanted to go to his concert here - it's in August and the tickets went on sale today - but $99 each is just too much.
    Geez, I saw him in 1980 and I think I paid $10. Stevie Nicks made a surprise appearance at that concert.
    My favorite songs of his don't get much if any airplay. I like Southern Accent and You don't know how it feels. I like all his stuff, but those are my 2 favorites.

I think possibly the first song of his I heard was Breakdown and this had to be back in the 70's because it was before Refugee.
    Damn the Torpedos was a great album.

Easter is quite early this year. It's the 23ish of March. Tomorrow's Shrove Tuesday and then Wednesday's Ash Wednesday. For me that means no meat of any kind of Wednesday. So I'll be having some type of seafood. If I were at home, it'd be fish and chips! But since I'm here, it'll most likely be some type of shrimp dish I cook up. I'd love to do pancakes, but no mix and it's not worth buying for one.

Easter is early, and by luck of coincidence we loose a free day. Normally we get both May first and Ascension Day off but this year they coincide and we loose one day off . I hear the odds on that are very, very low...

But tomorrow, for Mardi Gras, we'll make the traditional Swedish "Semla". A wheatbun cut in (almost) half, with a layer of almond icing and one layer of whipped cream in it. After you put the top half on you sprinkle it with icing sugar. Delicious .

+ Reply to Thread