Like Tree6433Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I liked the baby e-trade commercials.
    the clown especially hit home.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2781498;
    Wow -- NY Giants beat the cocky Pats. The bad thing, though, is that we'll have to endure a year's worth of commercials featuring the mouth-breathing hayseed Eli Manning.
    The Manning dad, Archie, apparently played for the Saints back "in the day". For *years* in SE Louisiana we were subjected to his dumb commercials for a local siding company, well after he retired from playing. The ads would always end with "Tell 'em Archie you-know-who sent ya!" As I was raised in a decidedly non-NFL-watching household, it was some time until I knew who the hell he was, so his "endorsement" was lost on me entirely. Based on the frequency and level of annoyance, I can't stand any of those Manning dudes.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Didn't Petty sing about smoking something...?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Tom Brady is the person who makes me . The pre-game show guys were so far up his butt it was nauseating. I was glad to see him take a thumping tonight!! His "pretty boy" looks just don't enchant me like they do so many other people, although I did expect his team to win. I've not been a New York Giants fan, but I am really proud of them! And I am a fan of the Manning boys!!! Baby brother Eli has quite an arm on him that I hadn't appreciated before!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2781381;
    And I have no idea who Tom Petty is.
    Where have you been?

I LOVED Tom Petty.

We had friends over, watched the first half of the game and some commercials and watched halftime and then she and I left the guys too it and gabbed in the kitchen the rest of the time.

I love the Mannings. Used to not be so crazy about Eli, because Florida had to play against him. But the entire family has been one good football playing family.

So any stats on if 2 brothers have won the superbowl 2 years in a row?
    (Payton last year, Eli this year).

I LOVED the reading of the Declaration of Independence before the game. I had tears by the end, especially when Pat Tillman's wife was shown.

I LOVED the Bud horse training with the dog to the Rocky theme and I loved the wine and cheese party commercial where the guys have the bud light hidden in the cheese and bread in the kitchen.
    Last edited by MRD; 02-04-2008 at 07:20 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2781312;
    Jordan Sparks, last year's AI winner, did one incredible job of singing The Star Spangled Banner!
    I made a point to not watch anything super bowl this year, and I miss Jordin?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Tom Petty - one of the Travelling Wilburys. The good side to the Patriots losing? Nobody was at the gym or in the pool so I had it all pretty much to myself. Yea! I had a great workout this morning. Oh, and as for Dan... I'm trying to think happy thoughts but the happiest is thinking about this summer when he will be gone. He just doesn't communicate and I've stopped buying any expensive food that would upset me to find gone. The director who doesn't check in ever like he's supposed to called yesterday wanting me to find someone to host a kid who only had a temporary home and I gave him an earfull. ok - those weren't happy thoughts. Back to happy thoughts, happy, happy, happy.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 02-04-2008 at 07:38 AM.
    Count your blessings!

Jordin Sparks did an amazing job singing, I thought. She has even improved since the Idol show. That segment was my favorite part of the whole SuperBowl!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

While you were all suffering through the Super Bowl, I was at La Boheme. The leading tenor and soprano were quite good, but some of the secondary roles got swallowed up by the orchestra. I hate it when that happens I made it through the performance without coughing my lungs out, thanks to two different cough suppressants, two types of throat lozenges, and a steady stream of peppermint candy (which probably did more good than the rest of my pharmacy.) I had enough pharmaceuticals left over to open my own Walgreens.

This was the first time that I've been to an opera where someone in the audience felt compelled to read the English supertitles out loud (just the ones that he thought were funny.) He didn't have any kids with him, so I have no idea why he was doing it.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2781720;
    Tom Petty - one of the Travelling Wilburys. The good side to the Patriots losing? Nobody was at the gym or in the pool so I had it all pretty much to myself. Yea! I had a great workout this morning. Oh, and as for Dan... I'm trying to think happy thoughts but the happiest is thinking about this summer when he will be gone. He just doesn't communicate and I've stopped buying any expensive food that would upset me to find gone. The director who doesn't check in ever like he's supposed to called yesterday wanting me to find someone to host a kid who only had a temporary home and I gave him an earfull. ok - those weren't happy thoughts. Back to happy thoughts, happy, happy, happy.
    You guys are making me laugh about Tom Petty. I listened to him in the 70's when he was Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and then later also loved the Traveling Wilbury's.
    He's originally from Gainesville, Fl and I got to see him there live in his first performance in his hometown since he had left to "make it big". It was awesome.
    I love his song American Girl and always get a big kick out of the line "she could hear the cars roll by out on 441". 441 is the main drag through Gainesville and I always smile when I hear it because I have driven that road a thousand times.

I do have to say that he is probably the least attractive man in rock and roll though.

Gut, stock up on Spam for dan. It's cheap and you won't have to worry about him eating it all because probably no one else likes it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread