+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6989Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Thanks. I could rant on and on about the sack of *&$#@^ who calls herself his "stepmother". This is the second time she's bailed on him in a month. The first time was to clear his name in court over a snafu with his driver's license. Some of you may remember that this woman was my best friend before she started sleeping with my husband. Now she has my husband, my home, but worst of all, my garden! Those are MY flowers!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2779433;
    Thanks. I could rant on and on about the sack of *&$#@^ who calls herself his "stepmother". This is the second time she's bailed on him in a month. The first time was to clear his name in court over a snafu with his driver's license. Some of you may remember that this woman was my best friend before she started sleeping with my husband. Now she has my husband, my home, but worst of all, my garden! Those are MY flowers!
    But you dear lady have something she will never have, a divine peace about you.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Rant all you want about "stepmother", but what about "father"? Why couldn't he do the pick up?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

He's in Maine presently. Thank you gabriel. That puts things in perspective.
    Count your blessings!

I miss my freedom.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

You're a better woman than I, Gutmutter. If another woman had my garden I might find a way to discreetly drop some gray mold or other disease so she'd have to start from scratch. Flowers are very proprietary. I'm glad you got your son home safely. I guess you know now that you can't count on stepmother, so don't count on her!

Amy Lee I'm not sure what you're missing, but it will be spring soon. Sunshine will help.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I had the audacity to be responsible and get a damn job. I feel like i cant handle 5 days. And it's just starting.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Thanks misskitty and gabriel, I'm glad I'm not the only one with a certain level of expectation. Last night she mentioned something about trying to find me a new one, so I think this will blow over, but when it happened, I wasn't too happy, because it's a pan I use a lot and she didn't seem to care too much. I just wish she'd said something sooner... but at least this seems like it will turn out okay.

Gut, more power to you! It seems to me that the silver lining in this situation is that you've reinforced to your son that *you* are dependable and willing to help him out in situations where he needs something, whereas the step-mother's interests lie elsewhere. That deserves more respect.

Amy Lee-- if there's one thing I can say about working, it's that Fridays are infinitely more satisfying than when I was a student. I really feel like I've earned them. Pay day doubly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2779433;
    As a divorced Mom, I feel for you Gutmutter
    But she does not have the hearts of your children.....those are yours. Let her have everything else, you got the best of that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2779721;
    I had the audacity to be responsible and get a damn job. I feel like i cant handle 5 days. And it's just starting.
    Trust me, it will get easier! Hang in there and know you have the virtual hugs of everyone on this board. Any new situation takes an adjustment period, and a full-time job has new people, new skills, new endurance and concentration demands. Of course it's going to seem overwhelming at first. Every night you sleep will help settle things into their places and absorb it into your mindset. Any time I'm overwhelmed I remind myself that a good night's sleep will make it seem much more manageable and I'm almost always right. I must be channelling Scarlett O'Hara - "I won't think about it today-tomorrow is another day!".
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread