+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5817Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Good luck to your son, Gutmutter. I had both of my knees redone because of old sports injuries. It's real easy to overdue it, especially the first day or two. I left the hospital, not using the crutches I was given and attended my daughters basketball game that night. I had no pain for the first 24 hours but really paid for it after that. Hopefully he takes it easy and is smarter than this old lady was.

My ex-wife's current husband was contacted by the Judge Judy people about a claim that he had filed against his ex-wife (she was using a credit card that had been ordered closed in their divorce decree; complicating it was that she had gone through a bankruptcy but he wasn't notified. He and my ex got stuck with a huge bill from Best Buy.) He agreed to appear, but his ex didn't want to so it never happened. It's probably just as well. He was losing badly in the local Small Claims Court until my ex rescued him.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I think by now your son's surgery is over/almost over Gut, but I hope it was a resounding success.

Sending good thoughts your sons way Gutmutter.

I have a rant. Ok I really don't have a right to rant about it but I'm upset anyways. For the last 10yrs or so we have gotten a huuuuge tax refund check. Usually around 6000. I have never understood how the IRS could justify me getting such a huge amount back but I sure never looked a gift horse in the mouth. Well this year we made about 2000 more then usual. This knocked us out of getting the earned income credit so my refund is only 2000. So because I made 2000 I lost 4000. This is why I have H&R Block do my taxes, they don't make any sense to me.
    I am so disappointed because we always look forward to this money to catch up on bills and then get us the things we've wanted all year but couldn't afford. (Like the GPS I was going to get myself.) Now we won't even have enough to catch up the bills. I am so bummed out. We were hopeing to go visit my family in CA this year but thats not going to happen now either. Ok I know I sound greedy especially to the poor bastards that have to pay out in taxes so I can go on my shopping spree but I'm still so bummed.

Gut - Sending prayers and good thoughts for your son's surgery! Can't wait to hear the good post-surgery report!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2778748;
    Sending good thoughts your sons way Gutmutter.

I have a rant. Ok I really don't have a right to rant about it but I'm upset anyways. For the last 10yrs or so we have gotten a huuuuge tax refund check. Usually around 6000. I have never understood how the IRS could justify me getting such a huge amount back but I sure never looked a gift horse in the mouth. Well this year we made about 2000 more then usual. This knocked us out of getting the earned income credit so my refund is only 2000. So because I made 2000 I lost 4000. This is why I have H&R Block do my taxes, they don't make any sense to me.
    I am so disappointed because we always look forward to this money to catch up on bills and then get us the things we've wanted all year but couldn't afford. (Like the GPS I was going to get myself.) Now we won't even have enough to catch up the bills. I am so bummed out. We were hopeing to go visit my family in CA this year but thats not going to happen now either. Ok I know I sound greedy especially to the poor bastards that have to pay out in taxes so I can go on my shopping spree but I'm still so bummed.

Aw, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that.

My tax question: Can you deduct health insurance premiums? I know medical has to be a certain % of your AGI-and we fit that with just our medical bills alone. But premiums? The $300 we pay monthly to Blue Cross really adds up.

And if so, should we file an amended return for the past years we didn't deduct that?

Also, I talked to a tax guy yesterday and he said we can deduct those expenses. But it seems to good to be true, yanno? I don't want to get in trouble with the IRS-call me a chicken if you want.
    Last edited by livin4reality; 02-01-2008 at 09:42 AM. Reason: to add
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Good thoughts going out to you and your son Gut! I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Cantgetnuf: that stinks when you are kind of counting on the money

Gutmutter hope your boy has a speedy recovery!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I haven't heard yet how it's gone, but we dismissed 3 hours early just now because of a huge ice storm that is supposed to last until midnight. In the middle of my last class my ex called and wanted to know if I would go pick him up at the hospital (an hour away) and take him to his dorm (an hour in the other direction and then an hour drive home for me). His new wife was supposed to do it but she doesn't want to go out driving in an ice storm (which they've been predicting for 3 days). I said no. The boy will have to stay over in the hospital tonight. Sheesh! What did he think I was going to say? Guilt, guilt, guilt.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Gut, best wishes for a fast recovery for your son! Hurray that you get off early-get home safely! (I wouldn't have gone to pick up my ex-he would have given up any right to ask me for my chauffering experience when we got divorced)

+ Reply to Thread