+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6756Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've only been called for jury duty once, and I was excited! First I sat for hours with hundreds of other people and they had several cases so you were assigned to a case with 50 or so other people. Then they took each case out periodically. When my case finally got called, we all shuffled to another room where we were lined up in rows according to our juror number and then we were waiting for another hour or so until the judge called us in. But right before the deadline came up the defendant struck a deal so we all went home. Bummer. But I'll be excited again if I ever get called again! I'll just remember to bring thicker reading material.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Gut, best wishes to your son!

Gut - I hope that your son has a speedy recovery.

Several years ago, I was living in my grandparents' house (they had passed away) and my grandfather got a jury duty summons in the mail. I called to tell them that he was deceased and the person who was "in charge" told me that I'd have to provide a copy of the death certificate to "get him out" of jury duty. I tried to explain that he'd been gone for several years and she kept insisting on proof. I finally said "He won't be there" and hung up on her.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2776940;
    This is off topic, but I have a mini-rant. I was winding down for the night when I heard some glass break in the kitchen. I went out to see what happened-turns out my roommate broke one of my Pyrex baking dishes. Then, she makes an excuse for how it happened, half-apologized and went back to cleaning it up. When I asked which one-- it's part of a three piece set-- she looked as though I'd inconvenienced her by essentially asking her to look to the right. Obviously, it's easily replaced and not expensive, and really no big deal, but if it was me, I definitely would have offered to buy a new one. The whole "respecting others' belongings" thing. Especially since she was the one who left it out in the first place!
    /rant
    Actually it IS a big deal, because she broke something of yours, and you are the one that is inconvenienced not the roommate, because most likely you will have to buy the replacement whether or not roomie pays for it. The whole "respecting others' belongings" or anything is long becoming a thing of the past in this what is considered a disposable world.

Just like the Judge Judy yesterday with the kayak paddle that was tossed UP from under a bridge and struck a car. The defendants witness actually has the nerve to step up and say that if the plaintiff had been driving slower his car would not have been struck by the paddle when it was thrown up.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2777886;
    My son is having surgery tomorrow (Friday) at 8:30 a.m. to repair an old basketball injury to his ankle. Not a drastic thing, I know, but any surgery is a risk, so if you have a prayer to spare for him, I'd appreciate it. He's 6'5" and very athletic and active, so pray for a speedy recovery, too. Thanks!
    Sending prayers and a special Tonglen for all of you.

He will be back on his feet soon, I know it.

Wow, 6'5? You grow 'em big! Now I understand more about his eating habits.

My daughters boyfriend is 6'2 and weighs 190. We never have leftovers anymore. (which is actually a good thing because my fridge is actually where leftovers go to die. But not anymore. He comes in and cleans it out for me. Otherwise I'd end up throwing stuff away as both my husband and daughter have become allergic to leftovers)
    Last edited by MRD; 02-01-2008 at 07:01 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

You've got my prayers, gutmutter. Tell him to do wat the doctor says, too, and not get in a hurry!
    MRD--what's a tonglen?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I saw that episode of Judge Judy too! The fool that threw the kayak paddle tried to pretend that he didn't know his name. Judge Judy ripped him apart. Hilarious - someone should start a Judge Judy thread.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Tonglen is a from of meditation that Gutmutter taught me. Where you breath in the other persons troubles, problems, etc. You hold them in your body and when you breathe out, it releases them. I probably did not explain it well, but she and I have been doing that for each other since before Christmas and its really helped me tremendously. I hope its working as well for her as it does me. But I have to say that after a Tonglen session, I feel so much energy and a sense of calm. And honestly have felt a huge difference in how I feel and feel like my health is finally getting under control. She's been helping me also with the mind/body connection so I can finally get all these health problems overcome.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Very well put MRD. Breathing in another's pain, breathing out health/loving-kindness. It calls on healing energy and since you're the channel it fills you, too. Pema Chodron (Buddhist nun) is really into it. So my son goes under the knife in 45 min. Thanks to all who are holding him in your hearts.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2778666;
    I saw that episode of Judge Judy too! The fool that threw the kayak paddle tried to pretend that he didn't know his name. Judge Judy ripped him apart. Hilarious - someone should start a Judge Judy thread.
    I saw that one, too. I love how the friend tried to pass it off on the guy driving. "He could have been speeding, if he wasn't it might not have hit him." Has this guy never seen Judge Judy? Blame the victim doesn't work with her.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread