+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Well I was recently on reserve juror duty -still had to go to work and call in or check the website every day after a certain time. Honestly they shpuld pay for that also since you really can't make any plans for anything.

A few years ago I was actually picked to go sit at the courthouse in the jury pool, it was a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Talk about boring - So on Friday about 1:00PM my number gets called - I'm saying to myself, this is not happening. Well luckily I got tossed out on that one because I said the guy had to be guilty or he wouldn't have made it this far in the system.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2774263;
    Well I was recently on reserve juror duty -still had to go to work and call in or check the website every day after a certain time. Honestly they shpuld pay for that also since you really can't make any plans for anything.

A few years ago I was actually picked to go sit at the courthouse in the jury pool, it was a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Talk about boring - So on Friday about 1:00PM my number gets called - I'm saying to myself, this is not happening. Well luckily I got tossed out on that one because I said the guy had to be guilty or he wouldn't have made it this far in the system.
    My husband always says that if he gets picked, he intends to tell the judge he believes in the death penalty for everything including jay walking.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My one experience on a jury was less than satisfying. There were two or three people who kept saying "I don't think he did it." Well, why do you think that? "Because I just don't think he did it." Who can argue with logic like that? We eventually convicted on a lesser charge

After the trial, the Judge came into the jury room to thank us, and to fill us in on some of the details that weren't allowed out at trial. It turns out that this was about the 4th time that this fine, upstanding citizen had been charged with rape. One of the "I don't think" jurors got a really sick look on her face when she realized that the SOB had gotten off easy. Maybe she'll think next time
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2774267;
    My husband always says that if he gets picked, he intends to tell the judge he believes in the death penalty for everything including jay walking.
    Hold on... writing that down.... Note to self...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You can always answer, "Huh? What did you say?" to everything, and they'll think that you can't hear....and you're outta there!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2774650;
    You can always answer, "Huh? What did you say?" to everything, and they'll think that you can't hear....and you're outta there!!
    That's how I got out of jury duty. I also told them I had a really overactive bladder. Plus I gave in to my urge to fall asleep while waiting for someone to interview me. For some reason, a narcoleptic, semi-deaf woman who needs to leave the room frequently doesn't appeal to the justice system as a potential juror.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I can picture that and I'm laughing so hard!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I don't want anyone to think I am ignoring this place, just been somewhat busier than normal, whatever that is. I'm still checking in now & then.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Gabriel, you and me both.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2774252;
    It is NOTHING like you see on tv. Talk about boring. I needed toothpicks to prop my eyelids open. Nothing happens for long stretches of time. There is a lot of "filler" stuff that makes you want to just go crosseyed. There are no courtroom surprises or antics. And it's not worth the pittance they pay you to try to stay awake and focus on what you are supposed to be doing.
    I hope I am NEVER picked again.

Although for a while there, I was getting jury summons almost monthly for some reason. Knocking on wood, but its been at least 5 years since I've gotten a summons for jury duty.
    I got lucky when I was on a jury about one or two years ago (time flies much too quickly anymore ) because it was fabulously interesting. It was a drug case about a dealer who lived with his girlfriend. While she was at work during the day, he was busy manufacturing crack and packaging it and pot for sale. The cops raided them and once in jail they found a bunch of crack secreted in his body (blech). He was a huge scary-looking guy who flipped out one day in court ranting and raving which scared the hell out of me since I assumed he could reach us in about 10 seconds flat. Turns out he was a registered sex offender who hadn't registered at this address, and this was his third strike so he wasn't a happy guy. The whole experience was fascinating with the exception of his hysterics and one idiot juror who caused us to deliberate for about four days. Eventually we found him guilty on three out of the four counts.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2774715;
    That's how I got out of jury duty. I also told them I had a really overactive bladder. Plus I gave in to my urge to fall asleep while waiting for someone to interview me. For some reason, a narcoleptic, semi-deaf woman who needs to leave the room frequently doesn't appeal to the justice system as a potential juror.
    I cannot imagine why they didn't pick you? That is just hilarious!

+ Reply to Thread