+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4431Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2772683;
    Oh yeah, and LaDanian Tomlinson (Chargers) is adorable as well -- he has a smile that's just -- ooooh, if only I were a few decades younger!
    PLUS, LT seems to be of exceptional character!! I'd say his wife probably hit the jackpot with this one!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2772692;
    PLUS, LT seems to be of exceptional character!! I'd say his wife probably hit the jackpot with this one!
    Yup, Mrs. LT really did hit the jackpot. As remarkable as he is on the field, he's even more so off the field. He does so much to "give back" to the San Diego community. He could easily get into that whole chest-beating "I da man" schtick like T.O., Randy Moss, and others -- instead, he's a gentleman all the way!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Guess who forgot to report for jury duty this morning??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Shhh... I never go. I'm the only person working in the family and I figure my fiance can do those things!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2773352;
    Guess who forgot to report for jury duty this morning??
    Yikes! Do you get fined for that?

Note to my Fellow Canadians: The blizzard is wicked! Stay warm, stay inside, drive carefully if you must. It was -45 with windchill yesterday, a bit warmer today. But it's heading East!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2773474;

Note to my Fellow Canadians: The blizzard is wicked! Stay warm, stay inside, drive carefully if you must. It was -45 with windchill yesterday, a bit warmer today. But it's heading East!
    Nooo!!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2773474;
    Apparently, all I have to do is write a letter explaining that I forgot to report, and telling them when I am available, since I've never asked for a postponement before. Whew!!
    No fine this time!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I once had a job I hated so much that every time I got called for jury duty, I kept wishing they'd pick me...but they never did. And I had to go back to work...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2773612;
    I once had a job I hated so much that every time I got called for jury duty, I kept wishing they'd pick me...but they never did. And I had to go back to work...
    My twin sinister would just love to be on jury duty. Has wanted to be chosen forever. She's been called twice but they've always had a jury before they got to her. I have no idea why she has this unfulfilled desire.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2774125;
    My twin sinister would just love to be on jury duty. Has wanted to be chosen forever. She's been called twice but they've always had a jury before they got to her. I have no idea why she has this unfulfilled desire.
    It is NOTHING like you see on tv. Talk about boring. I needed toothpicks to prop my eyelids open. Nothing happens for long stretches of time. There is a lot of "filler" stuff that makes you want to just go crosseyed. There are no courtroom surprises or antics. And it's not worth the pittance they pay you to try to stay awake and focus on what you are supposed to be doing.
    I hope I am NEVER picked again.

Although for a while there, I was getting jury summons almost monthly for some reason. Knocking on wood, but its been at least 5 years since I've gotten a summons for jury duty.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread