+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6789Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2770614;
    I absolutely fell in love with Cary Grant as a kid - and also loved Rock Hudson, he was such a hunk. And I always enjoyed watching Doris Day's movies.

One of my favorite movies of all time though, hands down, is Rear Window with Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly. I cannot remember the actress' name that played his nurse in that one, but she is always a hoot to watch!
    That woman who played the nurse was also Doris Days housekeeper in either movie or TV show. I'll look it up - I think it was Thelma Ritter - yes it was Thelma Ritter - She was Alma, the tippling housekeeper in Pillow Talk, she was also Grace Alden in Move over, Darling. Her Character name in rear window was Stella.
    Last edited by just1paul; 01-26-2008 at 01:21 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2770644;
    That woman who played the nurse was also Doris Days housekeeper in either movie or TV show. I'll look it up - I think it was Thelma Ritter - yes it was Thelma Ritter - She was Alma, the tippling housekeeper in Pillow Talk, she was also Grace Alden in Move over, Darling. Her Character name in rear window was Stella.
    Thank you, Gabriel! I loved her in all those films - she had such a snide edge to her..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2770643;
    You like those BLUE eyes eh? Well Dino had those BROWN eyes...
    I love blue eyes. Especially blue eyes on men with dark hair.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Who are all these people you are talking about? I must have been too young to remember them.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Magnetic Fridge Caddy

I know these exist 'cause I've bought one in the past (at Wal Mart, but I can't find any there now), but now when I go to Target or Bed Bath & Beyond to ask for one, the all look at me like I'm crazy. I'm looking for either a clear or stainless steel magnetic fridge caddy--you know, the kind that you can stick to the side of your fridge to hold your pencils, envelopes--that sort of thing. We got a new stainless steel fridge and I'd like it to match. (Ironically you can't stick anything magnetics on the stainless steel part--but the side of our fridge is just plain black). Anyhow, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2770657;
    I love blue eyes. Especially blue eyes on men with dark hair.
    That'd be my husband, dags!

Regarding Ted Kennedy... I was on Capital Hill with a friend and I had on bobby socks with my shoes (I had bug bites and wanted to cover them up a bit so I thought that would make it look better--I think I just ended up looking younger). There were a bunch of old men near us and one of them was him and he was giving me the "eye." (At the time, everyone seemed old to me.) EWWWWW. He came over and was asking what we were up to and was actually kind of charming. We were hoping John Jr. was around. Anyhow, he said I had pretty hair and TOUCHED it. :nono My friend, who was way more cosmopolitan than me, started laughing. Then she told him I was underage (even though I wasn't) and that was that. I actually ran into him again a year or two later and he didn't recognize me, but he hit on me again. Why couldn't it have been John Jr.?!!
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 01-26-2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Ask question about magnetic fridge caddy

Re: Magnetic Fridge Caddy

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2770791;
    I know these exist 'cause I've bought one in the past (at Wal Mart, but I can't find any there now), but now when I go to Target or Bed Bath & Beyond to ask for one, the all look at me like I'm crazy. I'm looking for either a clear or stainless steel magnetic fridge caddy--you know, the kind that you can stick to the side of your fridge to hold your pencils, envelopes--that sort of thing. We got a new stainless steel fridge and I'd like it to match. (Ironically you can't stick anything magnetics on the stainless steel part--but the side of our fridge is just plain black). Anyhow, any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Are you looking for one with dividers or is it just like a single "pocket" that sticks to the side via magnets?

try Fridgedoor.com - Web's Magnet Store! Fridge Magnets, Custom Magnets, Refrigerator Magnets Magnet, Magnetic. also

If you're looking for just the single which could be a file holder, try an office supply store like office depot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by just1paul; 01-26-2008 at 04:15 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2770620;
    Rock Hudson was my ultimate dream man. He tops my list of faves with Clark Gable a very close second.

Kennedys I would have to say RFK
    Brothers Gibb, I actually liked Robin the best.
    Beatles would be Ringo.
    Sinatra over Martin, it's in the eyes.
    Streisad or Celine? Neither, thank you very much.
    Olivian deHaviland or Vivian Leigh would top my list of actresses.
    My dad used to joke that he had slept with Olivia deHaviland. During WWII he was flying to CA and she was his seatmate on the plane and they both fell asleep during the flight.

Yes Lois, I want to hear about Ted.
    ETA: Ooops, didn't read far enough. EWWW, what a dirty old man. But with his reputation, I'm not surprised.

Now that you mention it John, Jr. is or was (sadly) by far THE best looking Kennedy.

My mom, god bless her, told me that her dream was for me to meet and fall in love with either John, Jr. or Prince Andrew of Great Britian. (thank god, she didn't say Prince Charles.
    Last edited by MRD; 01-26-2008 at 04:24 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2770857;
    Now that you mention it John, Jr. is or was (sadly) by far THE best looking Kennedy.
    Yes he did get the best of the features from both his Mother & Dad, wouldn't you say?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Lois Lane - try looking at Walmart in the section with office supplies. Those magnet caddies are used in kids' lockers. I just had a feel-good day. This morning I celebrated with my Little Sister - our 3rd anniversary together. She was 8 when we started and now she's 11. When we met I had long hair. She's been with me through cancer, her mom's boyfriend coming and going, her dad taking her for the weekends and then getting married and the new wife not wanting her... a lot that we've dealt with together. Then this afternoon I went to a 3 hour meeting of an on-going process with a community-building group. We work on building trust, identifying larger problems and possible solutions, but most importantly strive to draw more and more people into the conversation. George was the most handsome Beatle, but nobody in this world has ever been more handsome than Dean Martin.
    Count your blessings!

JFK Jr was by far the better looking Kennedy.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread