+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5654Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2769612;
    Shay, has your dermatologist ever mentionned Alopecia areata? Stress, combined with an hereditary condition, might be the cause for this type of hairloss.
    That's exactly what I get. I don't remember anyone else in my family, previous to me, having this condition, and it is always preceded by intense stress. The first episode happened when I was about to marry, and shouldn't have been! The next episode (the full wig time) happened when my mother was dying from cancer (diagnosis to death, 6 months), and I didn't have much of a support system, the next time was before I, smartly, quit my job in 2005. That job had devolved into a completely intolerable situation, and I was the first of a tidal wave of people leaving...so it wasn't just me.

My docs have been following me for years, always bring back the hair that has run away!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2769978;
    the next time was before I, smartly, quit my job in 2005. That job had devolved into a completely intolerable situation, and I was the first of a tidal wave of people leaving...so it wasn't just me.
    You're smarter than a lot of people (myself included) who refuse to do that because they think they HAVE to work at that job. It took me years before I finally had enough and quit for a different position. Good for you!

My mother's hair falls out due to stress--nothing bad enough that a wig is needed, but enough that she has to go to the doctor to get it checked out. And so far...diagnosis unknown!

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch - Other stuff

Ok - back a few posts, myrosiedog & I were posting about the Gibb Brothers Barry, Maurice, Robin & Andy wearing pants that looked like they were painted on. But aside from that, Barry & Andy in our opinions were very good looking. Well here's my question to anyone who wishes to enter the fray.

My Mom & I were talking about good looking people and a few came up in conversation I will give you Moms person and my person, you tell me who you think.

The Kennedy Brothers
    gabriel - John F. Kennedy was handsomest
    Mom - Bobby Kennedy
    Both - Teddy kind of blah.

Gibb Brothers
    gabriel - Andy
    Mom - Maurice
    I was like Maurice??? Even Barry is better looking, she said he looked fake. whatever that means.

Now onto a few other people:

I say Tyne Daly is pretty, mind you shes not a "knockout" but she's pretty, Mom agrees, Dad says ugly.

Dad says Celione (sp?) Dion pretty, I say whatever, Mom says average.

Me & Dad both say Bette Davis & Tallulah Bankhead were overrated as actresses, and Joan Crawford was better and prettier, Mom says They all rate the same.

Ok thats enough for now.

Oh - PS - Frank Sinatra sang good, but he was ugly & skinny - Mom
    Dean Martin sang good and was always *swoon* Mom
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2769992;
    You're smarter than a lot of people (myself included) who refuse to do that because they think they HAVE to work at that job. It took me years before I finally had enough and quit for a different position. Good for you!
    I had to leave before I left my finger marks on somebody's throat!! Geez....I would have been all over the news!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2769999;
    I had to leave before I left my finger marks on somebody's throat!! Geez....I would have been all over the news!
    Maybe just one finger mark would've been worth it...

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2769994;
    Ok - back a few posts, myrosiedog & I were posting about the Gibb Brothers Barry, Maurice, Robin & Andy wearing pants that looked like they were painted on. But aside from that, Barry & Andy in our opinions were very good looking. Well here's my question to anyone who wishes to enter the fray.
    Ooooh, I used to have the biggest crush on Andy Gibb! I was so jealous when he started dating Victoria Principal!

OK, I'll play... I'll add onto your family list...

The Kennedy Brothers

Mom - Bobby Kennedy
    Lois Lane: JFK. (Ted Kennedy hit on me once when I was about 19. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW W!)

Gibb Brothers
    gabriel - Andy
    Mom - Maurice
    I was like Maurice??? Even Barry is better looking, she said he looked fake. whatever that means.
    Lois Lane: Andy. (I think your mom's comment about Barry looking fake is based on his teeth, tan and mane, I mean hair... Did you ever see Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon imitate Robin and Barry Gibb? Freaking hilarious!!!)

I say Tyne Daly is pretty, mind you shes not a "knockout" but she's pretty, Mom agrees, Dad says ugly.
    Lois Lane: Ugly, but she has a gorgeous brother named Tim...but I believe Uncle David (?) said he was a tool!

Dad says Celine Dion pretty, I say whatever, Mom says average.
    Lois Lane: Too thin. Eat a pizza!

Me & Dad both say Bette Davis & Tallulah Bankhead were overrated as actresses, and Joan Crawford was better and prettier, Mom says They all rate the same.
    Lois Lane: I'm with mom on this one...

Frank Sinatra sang good, but he was ugly & skinny - Mom and Lois Lane
    Dean Martin sang good and was always *swoon* Mom and Lois Lane
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 01-25-2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: fixing typo

I agree with most of Lois' picks but I think Bobby was just a little better looking than JFK. I wouldn't say Tyne Daly was ugly, but average. And I agree about her brother ! Celine is pretty but too thin.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2769994;

My Mom & I were talking about good looking people and a few came up in conversation I will give you Moms person and my person, you tell me who you think.

The Kennedy Brothers
    Mom - Bobby Kennedy

Gibb Brothers
    gabriel - Andy
    Mom - Maurice

Now onto a few other people:

Dad says Celione (sp?) Dion pretty, I say whatever, Mom says average.

Ok thats enough for now.

Oh - PS - Frank Sinatra sang good, but he was ugly & skinny - Mom
    Dean Martin sang good and was always *swoon* Mom
    I saw a movie, an OLD Charles Bronson movie and Tyne Daily was in it and she was about 25 and she was really pretty.
    JFK and RFK were both pretty handsome. Teddy, UGH, no!
    Barry Gibb definetly.

Bette Davis always creeped me out and so did Joan Crawford. I think I like Tallulah Bankhead because of her name.
    Barbara Stanwyck was definetly better looking back in her day than all of the above.

Dean Martin over Frank. But I have to admit I thought Peter Lawford was kind of sexy too.

Celine? Ok, I guess. I'm not a fan, so I'd probably say Streisand over Celine. I think Streisand is pretty, but not conventionally.

ETA: Not enough protien in your diet can cause hairloss too. I learned that when I had my gastric bypass done. They told me if my hair started falling out, I was not getting enough protien.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

gabriel - I have to gree with you that John F. Kennedy was much more handsome than his brother, Bobby. As far as the Gibb brothers....I think Barry has the most charisma, and he is the doll of the bunch.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2770058;
    I saw a movie, an OLD Charles Bronson movie and Tyne Daily was in it and she was about 25 and she was really pretty.
    JFK and RFK were both pretty handsome. Teddy, UGH, no!
    Barry Gibb definetly.

Bette Davis always creeped me out and so did Joan Crawford. I think I like Tallulah Bankhead because of her name.
    Barbara Stanwyck was definetly better looking back in her day than all of the above.

Dean Martin over Frank. But I have to admit I thought Peter Lawford was kind of sexy too.

Celine? Ok, I guess. I'm not a fan, so I'd probably say Streisand over Celine. I think Streisand is pretty, but not conventionally.

ETA: Not enough protien in your diet can cause hairloss too. I learned that when I had my gastric bypass done. They told me if my hair started falling out, I was not getting enough protien.

Tallulah - -Wasn't there a member here with the username Tallulah baby?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I'll join in:

Gibbs-Maurice is the best looking (personality and singing ability aside) brother. To me, Robin and Andy looked alike and Barry & Maurice looked alike.

Kennedy-John was the better looking of the three, with a young Ted next and then Bobby.

I thought Olivia DeHavilland was the most beautiful with her sister Joan Fontaine next. I could never get into Joan Crawford (eyebrows) Bette Davis (eyes) or Barbara Stanwyck (shoulders). I know, I'm nit-picking!

Of men, I always loved Cary Grant-I thought he was the end-all be-all epitome of "man". Of the younger set I had a crush on Kurt Russell (his early movies). I always enjoyed Stewart Granger too.

I think my choices reflect the era of movies that I enjoy most.

+ Reply to Thread