+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5827Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2766472;
    Funny. We once adopted a little cat named Salope . . .
    I LOVE that name for a cat!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2766825;
    Heee, Salope in French means slut or bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2766340;
    Here's something that I thought was unusual that a relative sent me. I can link if I need to, I guess, but I'll just tell you about it. It's not pretty. There was a home with 2 dogs (a pitbull and a JRT), and children...the youngest was 6 weeks. The parent was giving another child a bath, the baby was asleep. One of the dogs mauled/suffocated the baby, who was pronounced dead at the hospital. The dog responsible for the tragedy was the JRT. Both dogs were removed from the home at the owner's request. It shocked me that a JRT would exhibit this behavior. I guess we just assume a pit would be the culprit in something like this. Unbelievable....at least, to me.
    They say boxers are great with kids but I'd never leave a baby unattended where the dogs would be able to get to him/her. They are jealous dogs and a baby would probably add to that jealousy. A very sad story and I feel for the family.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;2767520;
    They say boxers are great with kids but I'd never leave a baby unattended where the dogs would be able to get to him/her. They are jealous dogs and a baby would probably add to that jealousy. A very sad story and I feel for the family.
    Boxers are great with kids, my kid lives to this day and I attribute it to the fact that my sisters boxers were very patient, loving dogs.

You shouldn't leave babies alone with dogs. Even the sweetest dog can hurt a baby. Sometimes they are just playing and don't mean to hurt the baby.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Originally Posted by Ellen
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2767441;
    Exactly!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

The latter, the latter.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2767441;
    She was a very sweet and tiny little cat, but very flirtatious. She would literally bat her eyes when she was feeling affectionate. She was kind of like the cat who was trying to hook up with Pepe Le Pew until she realized he was a skunk. So I was going more for the tart aspect of the word - not a bitchy bone in her body.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I'm thinking about getting revenge on telemarketers. What do you think of the following script?
    Hello!

(wait to make sure it's a telemarketer)

Thank you for calling “Dial-a-Tenor”, the fundraising project of the Clear Creek Watershed A Cappella Lyric Opera Society. To date, we have raised over $400,000 toward our goal of $5 million. With these funds, we will restore the Viola Opera House to its former glory and reintroduce Opera to the Clear Creek Watershed District.

You may select from the following arias:
    • Nessun dorma
    • La donna e mobile
    • Tra voi belle
    • Donna non vidi mai
    • Tenor's Choice
    (pause)

Good choice!

Please say your 16 digit credit card number
    (pause)
    Please say the expiration date
    (pause)
    Please say the name on the card
    (pause)

(start singing)(badly)
    I don't expect to hear anything during the pauses and of course I won't take down credit card info if anyone is foolish enough to give it out. My goal is to dumbfound and to waste their time. I am curious if anyone will stay on the line long enough to hear my caterwauling

I love the fact that you put the pause in there! That's for sure a telemarketer! I always hang up if no one answers me on my first hello. If people give you credit card numbers they are very foolish but that does sound like fun.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There was a discussion in the "Cute Things Your Kids Say" thread about Tom Terrific's dog, Mighty Manfred. For all of you oldsters (myself included), do you remember the words to the song that Mighty Manfred used to sing? I know it started out, "I'm Mighty Manfred, the Wonder Dog..." The dog sang it to a latin-type of cadence. Help me out here!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread