+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5929Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

. . . Eighth Amendment: The infliction of cruel and unusual grandchildren upon a grandparent shall be limited by the routine practice of birth control. . .
    Luckily -- for my parents and especially my hubby and myself -- I've remained blissfully childfree, never inflicting the above-mentioned creatures on my folks!

I'm gonna send the article to my mom and dad. They're not grandparents -- as my siblings are childfree as well -- but they and their grandparent-friends will get a kick outta this!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Here's something that I thought was unusual that a relative sent me. I can link if I need to, I guess, but I'll just tell you about it. It's not pretty. There was a home with 2 dogs (a pitbull and a JRT), and children...the youngest was 6 weeks. The parent was giving another child a bath, the baby was asleep. One of the dogs mauled/suffocated the baby, who was pronounced dead at the hospital. The dog responsible for the tragedy was the JRT. Both dogs were removed from the home at the owner's request. It shocked me that a JRT would exhibit this behavior. I guess we just assume a pit would be the culprit in something like this. Unbelievable....at least, to me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2766014;
    Where can you get those ringtones? I'm on Cingular and I don't see those on there....is there somewhere else you can d/l good ringtones?

I have AT&T, it used to be Cingular, it used to be AT&T, it is a sad cycle. Anyway on this page click on Get Ringtones (it is on the right, middle of page)

Ringtones, cell phone games, and graphics - Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

Click on the 'all' tab and it brings up 4 Philadelphia auditions.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

The three cats dived for cover like bar patrons in a cheap Western when the gunslinger hits the swinging doors.
    Funny. We once adopted a little cat named Salope at the age of 8 weeks. To the best of my knowledge, she never spent any time in the company of kids. However, on the rare occasion that a kid would enter our house for any reason, Salope was just gone. We never saw her leave, we never found out where she went, and she never came back while the kid was in the house. Just vanished. Sensible pussy cat.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Princess will do that. If she doesn't recognize your footsteps she will hide under the couch. She once hid for a whole weekend while my son had a friend over. I wonder if she even went to the bathroom during that time!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2766340;
    Here's something that I thought was unusual that a relative sent me. I can link if I need to, I guess, but I'll just tell you about it. It's not pretty. There was a home with 2 dogs (a pitbull and a JRT), and children...the youngest was 6 weeks. The parent was giving another child a bath, the baby was asleep. One of the dogs mauled/suffocated the baby, who was pronounced dead at the hospital. The dog responsible for the tragedy was the JRT. Both dogs were removed from the home at the owner's request. It shocked me that a JRT would exhibit this behavior. I guess we just assume a pit would be the culprit in something like this. Unbelievable....at least, to me.
    I think any dog is capable of violent behavior. I've known pit bulls and rottweilers that were some of the most loveable, gentlest dogs in the world and my grandmother had a shih tzu that was the meanest thing I've even been around.

We have 2 JRT's and they can be aggressive towards other dogs.

I would never leave a small baby unattended and I trust my dogs. I just wouldn't take any kind of chance with a baby and any dog even though I would like to say my dogs wouldn't do that. I don't know if they would or not, as they've never been in that situation. But then, I probably wouldn't put them in that situation either.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My son was bit in the face by a dog when he was younger. I never faulted the dog because my son moved too fast in front of her face and she nipped him. Thanksfully he wasn't emotionally scarred because of it and loves the dogs he has at his dad's house.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unk
    ...The three cats dived for cover like bar patrons in a cheap Western when the gunslinger hits the swinging doors.
    Unk: I love that line!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Mike Harden does have a way with words. Too bad he's retired and only writes one column a week. He's an animal lover, had a retriever that was epileptic and used to write about being up with the dog all night to keep an eye on him. When that dog died his column was a real tear jerker.
    His daughter, the mother of Big Noise, is an adopted Vietnamese girl. He took her home to Viet Nam so she could see her heritage. That was another great column.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2766472;
    Funny. We once adopted a little cat named Salope at the age of 8 weeks. To the best of my knowledge, she never spent any time in the company of kids. However, on the rare occasion that a kid would enter our house for any reason, Salope was just gone. We never saw her leave, we never found out where she went, and she never came back while the kid was in the house. Just vanished. Sensible pussy cat.
    Smart cat I say. Joey does the same thing, if someone he doesn't know comes in the apt - just disappears.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread