+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Spam filters

Are you guys being inundated with spams? I keep adding all these words to my spam filter but every morning, I have at least 40 spam. And at least that many more throughout the day. And the subject header almost always has a word in it that references, um, the male anatomy. Sometimes it's slightly misspelled (deliberately). Sometimes it's a run-on sentence. I am just so sick of these. Freedom of speech, good. Spamming people, BAD! Just stick me in a room with one of these spammers for a few hours... (me shaking my fist!)

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I don't get more than a handful a day, and my Yahoo! e-mail is pretty good at separating them out.

By the way, Lois, typing (me shaking my fist!) isn't nearly as effective as

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

So true, Newf... Now how did I overlook that one?!!! They really do need to make an angry woman shaking fist!

I get spam so much too. It's like you have to re-enter all the addresses and keywords every 6 months to try to filter them out.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Leo
    Premium Member

My primary e-mail is Gmail, and I get a spam message in my inbox about... once a month. Their filtering is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2764769;
    My primary e-mail is Gmail, and I get a spam message in my inbox about... once a month. Their filtering is pretty good.
    Our primary is Juno, and we're about the same.

We have some other email through SBCGlobal and it is horrible.

Ah, I'm always late the to discussion but here is my double-dipper story:

I was helping a friend with her son's birthday party. She was scooping out the ice cream, and licking it after every scoop! I was..shocked so it took me a minute to register what I was seeing. So I told her.."Mabel, please don't lick the spoon. You are getting your germs into everyone's ice cream!" We had a laugh about it, she just didn't realize what she was doing.

The first year or so I worked with kids I was sick all the time. But now I don't remember the last time I had a cold. It has been 5 or 6 years...
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

I never use my primary email address for anything other than my friends and family.
    When I have to register for a website or give my email, I give a yahoo one I created just for that purpose. And their spam filter works pretty well, but it has definetly kept down the spam on my "regular" account because I just don't give that one out.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've been seeing a lot of those Nigerian scam emails, but they get kicked straight to the spam folder. I can't believe people really fall for those things.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In this day and age I never open anything unless it comes directly from an email address of someone in my address book. If there are attachments though, I won't even open them from people I know.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread