+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6578Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

If it was someone my age, I would've just told them where it was... But I would've gotten the elderly woman a fresh wipe to clean off her shopping cart. I'm a sucker for helping out senior citizens.

I used to clean my house ALL the time and my parents actually told me to knock it off--that a little bit of dirt is good for you. I'm a lot more laidback about it now. We have a cleaning woman clean our house really well every two weeks. The week she's not here, I will do some light cleaning, but nothing like before.

Um...I've been known to pick food up off my floor after I've dropped it, and eat it. Especially if it's a cookie.

I have to add to the germ thing. I'm not completely germaphobic by any means. I don't mind "double dipping" when it's FAMILY. But one thing that's really irked me lately is that one of my friends double dips everything. We usually do a "gossip night" and inevitably there's some type of bread and dip. Well, most of us tear the bread into pieces and dip each one as a seperate piece. One of our friends just dips, eats, redips with the eaten side! It drives me batty because I don't want to have dip that's got your saliva on it thank you very much. I don't want to say anything or cause issues, I just take a piece early and then that's it for me.

As for shaving... I'm finding it darn near impossible to shave my legs in the shower where I live. It's just a shower, almost built stall like so there is not a lot of room and there is no area that the showerhead doesn't splash. It's starting to frustrate me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2764019;
    If it was someone my age, I would've just told them where it was... But I would've gotten the elderly woman a fresh wipe to clean off her shopping cart. I'm a sucker for helping out senior citizens.

Um...I've been known to pick food up off my floor after I've dropped it, and eat it. Especially if it's a cookie.
    1. Aren't you, also, the person who has trouble saying, "No,"? I am really, really good at "No" most of the time. I failed to mention that she approached me with a tone of entitlement in her voice.

2. Your floor is one thing.....you know nothing about those foreign floors, though!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-21-2008 at 07:26 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2764031;
    1. Aren't you, also, the person who has trouble saying, "No,"? I am really, really good at "No" most of the time. I failed to mention that she approached me with a tone of entitlement in her voice.
    Yup, that's me. That'd be annoying... You should've just given her your old used dirty one then, since that's what she was asking for!

Hey, I'm not suggesting you should've done anything differently! But annoying or not, I still probably would've done it for an elderly person -- but like I said, I'm totally a sucker for the elderly. I've known many a cranky old person and just tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't really feel taken advantage of when an older person is involved 'cause I've seen how difficult life can be for them...

But I am getting better at saying NO to people my age! NO!!!

About the double dipping... What I can't stand is when people are eating with a spoon...and will use that to scoop something out of a communal jar/bowl etc. I had an annoying friend who wanted to taste the different varieties of ice cream that I had in the freezer before she would pick which one she wanted to eat. Gees. After she tasted one, I washed her spoon and gave it to her to try another flavor. Well don't you know, she LICKED that spoon and before I could stop her she scooped out a chunk of ice cream. TOTALLY GROSSED OUT by that!

I had another person do a similar thing with a tub of hummus. I think I threw that out after she left.

I'm like the rest of you--family double dipping is OK. I'm not so big on it when it's non family members....

Oh, about the floor...the only other time I ever ate off the floor was when I was out of college and on a business trip. I had ordered room service and DROPPED my steak on the floor!!!! GROSS! I actually picked it up, put it back on the little thing that was keeping it hot and ATE IT. I can't believe I did that...never again. But I lived to write about it..
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 01-21-2008 at 07:39 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Had her approach been different, I would have made you proud and given her my cart! My nickname is not really Meany McFeeny!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2764090;
    Had her approach been different, I would have made you proud and given her my cart! My nickname is not really Meany McFeeny!

No, you're one of the kindest people here! I didn't mean you were and my apologies if I made you feel bad. That wasn't my intent!

(My dad died last year; as well as assorted aunts, uncles and grandparents...so I tend to error on the side of being too nice to the elderly--probably to the point where they just want to say, "Get away from me you annoying woman!" )

I hate tossing my used little cups into the shopping cart, so I either carry it around in my hand, or if I am wearing my sweat jacket, I shove it into the pockets. I am only a germaphobe when it really comes to food. I am paranoid about getting food poisoning and such.

Also, I miss going tanning. My sister, back when we were in high school, use to work at a tanning salon, so I would always go there and go tanning. For free, of course And since I tan fairly easily, it didnt take long to build up some color.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2764060;
    Oh, about the floor...the only other time I ever ate off the floor was when I was out of college and on a business trip. I had ordered room service and DROPPED my steak on the floor!!!! GROSS! I actually picked it up, put it back on the little thing that was keeping it hot and ATE IT. I can't believe I did that...never again. But I lived to write about it..
    YUM Carpet Steak! As your typical guy, I'll admit to eating some nasty stuff before, (I remember eating A Subway sandwich that fell on the ground A LONG time ago Crunch, Crunch, Crunch and there was hair on it too ). So I don't freak-out when one of my sons drops Coco-puffs on the ground (no milk) and then eats it. I do try to vacuum the Coco-puffs and other mysterious stuff twice A week. I'd hate for them to find one that rolled under the table last summer
    Ribbitt

I'm not a germaphobe but my husband constantly washes his hands. We visit a lot of Zoos and Aquariums and I enjoy petting the sting rays or feeding the goats and visiting the petting zoos. Mr. Doxie HATES the thought of this. He always takes pictures of me petting a fish or feeding a lamb and then rushes off to bring me a sanitiziing towel so that I can clean my hands.

The funny part is that with all of his handwashing, he leaves food in the fridge for DAYS and sometimes weeks. And then, he eats it. I can't stand it. I'm obsessed with expiration dates and I think that all food that is more than three days old MUST be either put in the freezer or tossed out. I would rather pet an elephant at a zoo and not wash my hands than eat leftover meatloaf that's been in the fridge for a week. Suffice it to say that we have a LOT of plastic containers and our freezer is almost always full - thanks to me.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2764614;
    I'm not a germaphobe but my husband constantly washes his hands. We visit a lot of Zoos and Aquariums and I enjoy petting the sting rays or feeding the goats and visiting the petting zoos. Mr. Doxie HATES the thought of this. He always takes pictures of me petting a fish or feeding a lamb and then rushes off to bring me a sanitiziing towel so that I can clean my hands.

The funny part is that with all of his handwashing, he leaves food in the fridge for DAYS and sometimes weeks. And then, he eats it. I can't stand it. I'm obsessed with expiration dates and I think that all food that is more than three days old MUST be either put in the freezer or tossed out. I would rather pet an elephant at a zoo and not wash my hands than eat leftover meatloaf that's been in the fridge for a week. Suffice it to say that we have a LOT of plastic containers and our freezer is almost always full - thanks to me.
    I am JUST like you about the food in the fridge. 3 days is it or I will not eat it. But my husband will eat week old food. Problem is that I put it in the freezer, where it lives for months because no one will defrost it to eat it.
    We just had to have the fridge worked on and they asked us to take everything out of hte freezer. My husband was laughing at all the "mystery" food that is in there and I said: "hey, if you'd eat THIS stuff I wouldn't have to cook for a while".

I will eat stuff off the floor at my own house. But it usually tends to have dog hair on it, so I blow on it. Yeah, that helps. ha!

I have developed a habit of ALWAYS washing my hands the minute I walk in teh house after I've been anywhere. I hate to get sick and between that and taking Airborne at the first sign of getting sick, I have not been sick with a bug in a LONG time.

I hate double dippers too. And I have been known to say something! Usually try to be funny about it, but I have no problem saying something to them, because I want the dip and I don't want their germs in it.

I would probably make her her very own separate dip, or get rid of the bread and buy something really small to use as dippers too.

I have a friend that is so germaphobic, she takes her own sheets and blankets when she travels for the hotel beds and wears flipflops in the shower in the hotel. She will NOT eat the sample food at stores because of the people that try it that a)haven't washed their hands and b) might have double dipped.

I think a healthy exposure to germs keeps our immune system strong. That's my story about why I don't clean obsessively anymore and I'm sticking to it. (probably sticking to the kitchen floor too as I seem to be the only one that can clean up a spill. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread