+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5956Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Has anyone checked out the germ eliminating wands they sell at Hammacher Schlemmer? I've been wondering if they are good for kitchens and bathrooms.

Attachment 23087

The Wide Coverage Germ Eliminating Wand. at Hammacher Schlemmer
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I've never seen that before. Interesting.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Since we're talking about germs, have any of you ever watched the British show "How clean is your house?" Those women will stick their bare hands into someone's nasty, grimy toilet . And the homes they clean are so disgusting, that you just know the two hosts must have ironclad immune systems. They use all natural cleaning products and I have to say that the homes look really good by the end of the show.

As for the wiping of the grocery carts, when I remember to look for the wipes I use them but sometimes I forget they're there. And for some reason I have a knack for choosing the shopping cart that has trash in it. Just about every single time. And pretty regularly it has a bad wheel or squeaks. I'm just a bad/trashy cart magnet I guess .

misskitty, I think I read something a while back about those types of devices. I wonder if they're just a gimmick or if they really work.

Oh the worst is the sample cup thrown into the cart after someone ate from it. I cannot touch that. I don't care about my own germs or my family, but a stranger's mouth having been around the cup makes me cringe.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2763840;
    Oh the worst is the sample cup thrown into the cart after someone ate from it. I cannot touch that. I don't care about my own germs or my family, but a stranger's mouth having been around the cup makes me cringe.
    As I mentioned above, I'm not much of a fussbudget when it comes to germs, but one thing I won't do is share popcorn with anyone but Mr. Rattus. I noticed one day that when eating popcorn, my fingers basically go into my mouth, and then back into the bucket o' corn. I figured since I'm doing this, everyone I'm sharing the bucket with is doing this and that just doesn't work for me. For some reason, the same issue doesn't bother with chips.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Maybe because chips aren't warm? I feel that popcorn is warm so more things stick to it. I'm weird though..lol
    Yup, with donuts!!

Ok I have to vent. My fiance and I were shopping for necessities like razors and such. I love my Venus vibrating razor but the cartridges are like 12 dollars for 4 of them. I decided to go with the sale Bic twin blade Solei. I have cut my foot twice to where it is bleeding uncontrollably and my knee looks like I am a roller girl! I feel like I just learned to shave or something!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2763494;
    I was, basically, impossible to infect, too, until I started working with these little nasty kids . . . I always knew that kid germs were dangerous . . . I think these people are trying to kill me.
    Yep, here too! The only time I ever get sick is when I'm working with kids. I hate it when their parents drop off their sniffling, sneezing, coughing, feverish kids with me instead of canceling the lesson when the kid is clearly sick. And contageous. (And most of my parents are doctors . . .) For those parents, it's only an hour or two out of their week. For me, if I get sick like this last time, it's an entire week of lost income (since I'm freelance).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2763905;
    Ok I have to vent. My fiance and I were shopping for necessities like razors and such. I love my Venus vibrating razor but the cartridges are like 12 dollars for 4 of them. I decided to go with the sale Bic twin blade Solei. I have cut my foot twice to where it is bleeding uncontrollably and my knee looks like I am a roller girl! I feel like I just learned to shave or something!
    It's a little hard for me to relate--I haven't shaved since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2763905;

Do you have a membership to Costco or Sam's or know someone who has a membership there? You can usually get 12 Venus refill cartridges for $15-20 bucks there.

+ Reply to Thread