+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I am sure to keep my toilet, sink, bathtub, kitchen sink, stove....basically anywhere food is prepared or heavy germs are clean. I vacuum once a month and dust even less. I don't get sick and neither does my son. We also know not to rub our eyes or face if we've been handling doors and such.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2762045;
    I thought of that, too!!!!

Gut, another option is to try a self-tanner so you feel tanned without dealing with sun exposure or a tanning bed! Not a lot--don't want to look orange! But they sell some nice ones now...I used a spray on tan by Shishiedo several years ago and it looked great! I hate the smell of the self tanning sprays though--it kind of makes me nauseous!

I swear i heard a Dr. recommend self tanner to cover up stretch marks. I have a ton so it doesn't sound like a bad idea. In the mean time, i use clean makeup.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Let me know if it works Amy Lee. I've got 15 year old grand canyon marks all across my stomach. I used to laugh and call myself hamburger meat belly!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2763141;
    I am sure to keep my toilet, sink, bathtub, kitchen sink, stove....basically anywhere food is prepared or heavy germs are clean. I vacuum once a month and dust even less. I don't get sick and neither does my son. We also know not to rub our eyes or face if we've been handling doors and such.
    - This woke me up and I had to start again and re-read the whole thing. I'm going to get a trim and ask to see the tanning beds at a place that does both before I decide. Thanks for all the advice/options.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2762870;
    I let my kids suck on the handles of grocery carts. I'm the anti-germaphobe. I figure my immune system is much stronger because I've not sheltered it from all the little bugs. So bring on the buttcrack sweat.
    I'm in complete agreement with you about this. I rarely went to a doctor when I was a kid and most infections/illnesses were allowed to run their natural course (only had penicillin once for some bad tonsillitis). Same thing for Mr. Rattus, who grew up in rural Alberta in the 50s in a shack with no indoor plumbing. And our current cleaning tends to be a smidge slap-dash. However, it is almost impossible to infect either one of us. I get a cold maybe every four or five years and it last literally one day. He gets them even less frequently.

On the other hand, our anal-retentive germophobe friends, who are the spawn of germophobe parents, seem to, one or the other of them, visit the hospital at least once a year with some horrendous infection or virus. It doesn't appear to be possible to keep them or their kid healthy. I think they'd be much better off if they let their bodies adjust to germs a bit.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2763141;
    Would it surprise you to know that our phones and keyboards hold a lot more germs than even our toilet seats? If we think about it, when is the last time we cleaned them, compared to the toilet seats?
    I'm very OCD about washing my hands, but not so much about other germs. I have no qualms about putting the pacifier right back into my newborn's mouth if it fell on the floor. Unless of course, I'm out shopping or it falls outside.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was, basically, impossible to infect, too, until I started working with these little nasty kids at the community center. I couldn't tell you the last year that I had an illness. I spent the majority of last week in bed with a nasty cold, from the throat up! (You don't have to worry about the flu until it's from the neck down!). I always knew that kid germs were dangerous. I am finally starting to get better, and looking forward to getting back to germ-ville tomorrow. I have spent a lot of my time over there, reminding the kids to cough/sneeze into their elbows, blow their noses, and wash their hands. And then came the memo about "there are head lice in the school" that goes home to the parents; we just happened to see it.

I swear I think these people are trying to kill me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

But the person who used that grocery cart before me could have had lord knows what on his or her hands. Transferring someone's "stuff" to my food items will happen, and some of that "stuff", grossness aside, could be extremely dangerous. The Ralphs I usually shop at offers disinfectant towelettes at the entrance to the store, so you can wipe down the cart's handle. It's beneficial, especially for elderly shoppers who are most at risk. Cleaning the handle will help keep a person healthy. Of course, this has come about not because we're now more germ aware, it's because people are pigs. They most likely are not pigs in their own homes, but in public, the public at large is a stinking sty load of pigs. Pigs!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am soooo on your side!! I wipe my carts down everytime I go shopping. I wipe not only the handle, but the seat where "Ol' Poopy Diapers" may have been sitting, and I wipe around the cart where I may grab if I'm pulling the cart and not pushing. I've noticed that not many people are wiping with me. Their choice. One elderly woman had the nerve, when she saw me wiping the cart, to ask me if she could have that one when I got finished. She got an, "Uhhh.....No...."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Some people have NO tact -- did you show her where the wipes were?

+ Reply to Thread