+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6919Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I have never wanted to go to a tanning bed. I am very claustrophobic and would probably freak out.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2762650;
    I have never wanted to go to a tanning bed. I am very claustrophobic and would probably freak out.
    I am also very claustrophobic and have a problem with most elevators. But I have an even bigger problem with stairs. Needless to say I've always lived in a one story house and I tend to not go too many places with lots of stories. Most elevators don't bother me unless they are really crowded or small. I prefer the glass ones where I can see out.

I honestly don't think I could do a tanning bed. I have gotten claustrophobic in small exam rooms in doctor's offices.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I also am very claustrophobic - but it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be... I actually envisioned myself having a panic attack while tanning And I never close the lid all the way...

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2762664;
    I am also very claustrophobic and have a problem with most elevators. But I have an even bigger problem with stairs. Needless to say I've always lived in a one story house and I tend to not go too many places with lots of stories. Most elevators don't bother me unless they are really crowded or small. I prefer the glass ones where I can see out.
    Elevators are a whole 'nother story for me. I hate elevators. It's not from claustrophobia, though. Heights is a big part of it. I don't mind stairs so I usually take the stairs on those rare occasions I have the choice. Glass elevators really freak me out. I had nightmares about being trapped in a high rise elevator for weeks after 9/11.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I get creeped out at malls sometimes when I'm walking along on a high floor and I can see over the railing and if someone wanted to push me over it...

Um...I need to stop worrying so much!!!

Not to insult the men on here to much...but a lot of times I won't get on an elevator if it'll be just me and a guy that I don't know. I know that makes me sound paranoid, but there were several times that rapists were attacking women in office buildings in the elevators out here and that freaked me out--I hate that feeling of being trapped (I know--I have issues...). I used to feel badly about it but now I don't really care. I figure most decent guys will figure out that I'm just paranoid/cautious.

MRD

It's a height thing for me about stairs. I can go up stairs no problem. It was coming down stairs that is the problem because I always envision myself falling down the stairs.

I get nervous too Lois if I am on an elevator with a strange man. But I am usually in elevators that only go a couple floors, so he'd have to really be fast. I know, they can stop it, but I like to think I could make enough noise to attract attention. I hate highrise elevators and I will NEVER go in a lighthouse again. Those stairs scared me into freezing. I was on my honeymoon too and no one could go up or down because I would not let go with either hand and wouldn't move. My new husband finally was able to crawl under one of my arms and get in front of me and practically carry me down on his back.
    It's the seeing down. But I can do balconies no problem. Go figure.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm no germaphobe...although I'm sure some people might disagree...but that tanning bed experience is too body fluid intimate for me for it not to, at least, buy me dinner first.

Let's just say I am very, very particular about some things.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The only time that I had problems with stairs was when I visited the McMath-Pierce Solar Telescope at Kitt Peak. The stairs run along the sloped part of the structure, inclined about 32 to the horizon, so the incline wasn't the problem. The real challenge was that ALL of the lines of visual reference run parallel to the structure, so it didn't take long before my brain started saying that the structure was horizontal and the stair treads were sloping downward at an alarming angle. Curse that optical illusion, it darn near cost me my lunch!

Here is an odd tip, not strictly related to the topic at hand--If your legs hurt when going down stairs, try turning around and going down facing up the stairs (i.e., backwards down the stairs.) I don't know why it works, but I discovered it when I first started running, and I have since seen it referenced elsewhere.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I let my kids suck on the handles of grocery carts. I'm the anti-germaphobe. I figure my immune system is much stronger because I've not sheltered it from all the little bugs. So bring on the buttcrack sweat.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2762870;
    I let my kids suck on the handles of grocery carts.
    While I wouldn't do that, I agree about sanitizing our lives to the point of having no immune system. My germaphobe aunt used to bleach my cousin's toys every night after she played with them and to this day, not a week goes by that she's not suffering from some sort of ailment or another.

I'm no germaphobe...although I'm sure some people might disagree...but that tanning bed experience is too body fluid intimate for me for it not to, at least, buy me dinner first.
    That is exactly how I feel about public hot tubs....a simmering cesspool!

+ Reply to Thread