+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

OK, there is something just disgusting about the idea of another person's buttcrack sweat having to be cleaned off the bed...even if I'm cleaning it again myself. And there is something disturbing about the coffin-like appearance of the bed....but, then again I, too, am claustrophobic.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2761991;
    OK, there is something just disgusting about the idea of another person's buttcrack sweat having to be cleaned off the bed...even if I'm cleaning it again myself.
    I thought of that, too!!!!

Gut, another option is to try a self-tanner so you feel tanned without dealing with sun exposure or a tanning bed! Not a lot--don't want to look orange! But they sell some nice ones now...I used a spray on tan by Shishiedo several years ago and it looked great! I hate the smell of the self tanning sprays though--it kind of makes me nauseous!

when I feel like I want a little color, I have tried Mystic Tan. although uncomfortable for a few seconds - it is about the only thing I have found that works on me.
    I have vitiligo, so sun/tanning beds just burn the white areas, and then i look like a palimino.
    I need to think about that again before our FL trip in March.

Why not go to your local paint store and get a can of spray paint in the skin tone you desire?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2762055;
    Why not go to your local paint store and get a can of spray paint in the skin tone you desire?
    Good Idea! Even if you didn't look tan, you would still catch a nice buzz from the fumes.

I used to tan a little bit when I was younger, I found it very relaxing. But I'm not claustrophobic. And I used to make sure I cleaned that bed really well before I got into it.

MRD

I like the Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisterizers. They give you some color, you don't turn orange (you can pick from I think 3 tones) and they smell nice and moisterize your skin.

I am too claustrophobic for tanning booths and while I dont' really consider myself to be germophobic, the whole butt crack sweat thing is really offputting to me for the tanning beds too.

BUT, some places have the lights where you STAND, therefore only your feet are touching the floor and you are not touching the tanning bed that someone else has been on.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Hawaii

If any of you have been to Hawaii recently, can you go to the "Where I went on my last vacation" thread and give me some tips! Thank you!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I love a tanning bed (though I haven't been in about 2 years)....they are so relaxing to me...I can instantly fall asleep in one and its usually some of the best sleep I can get! I didn't wear the eye glasses because I didn't want the raccoon look! I like to get in a bed right after someone has been in it and its still hot...lay down in there (after you've cleaned it really good, of course), cut the radio on and have the fan blowing on you and I'm out like a light!

Back when I was in my 20's I had alot of adult acne and my dermatologist recommended me going to a tanning bed to help dry up the oils...it helped!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2762441;
    I love a tanning bed (though I haven't been in about 2 years)....they are so relaxing to me...I can instantly fall asleep in one and its usually some of the best sleep I can get! I didn't wear the eye glasses because I didn't want the raccoon look! I like to get in a bed right after someone has been in it and its still hot...lay down in there (after you've cleaned it really good, of course), cut the radio on and have the fan blowing on you and I'm out like a light!

Back when I was in my 20's I had alot of adult acne and my dermatologist recommended me going to a tanning bed to help dry up the oils...it helped!
    I used to go to the tanning bed as well - and it was the most restful sleep I have ever experienced! Nice and cozy - love it! I no longer go due to the whole skin cancer thing - and hubby prefers me pale (he's crazy)

Gutmutter: I used to go to a tanning salon a few weeks before a vacation so I would get a base going. That way, I wasn't the pasty white one on the beach and I didn't burn as quickly. I loved that it was warm and cozy and private. Sort of a 20 min away from the world!

However, I would definitely make sure it was cleaned well, and definitely use the eye goggles. They are so small, it won't be noticed that you have worn them. And they do protect your eyes. Don't bother with tanning lotion; you'll just sweat it off.

The place I used to go to also had a floating booth. Wow, I would have loved to have tried that out. You just get in, in the dark, close the lid if you want, and float in saltwater with or without sound. Like 3 weeks off in just under an hour!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread