+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2761643;
    Is there vodka in a Marguerita?
    Nope sorry - Tequila, But you could invent a 'fusion' type drink using vodka I am sure...

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2761643;
    Sound travels faster and louder in the cold.
    especially when it encompasses bodily functions or cussing.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2761802;
    Nope sorry - Tequila, But you could invent a 'fusion' type drink using vodka I am sure...

especially when it encompasses bodily functions or cussing.
    And I thought no one heard that. Ooops!

I seldom drink anymore. I probably talk a lot more about it than I do it. And unfortunately I can no longer drink Margarita's as they really bother my stomach. I do like a nice Vodka and OJ occasionally though. But here lately, when I've had anything alcoholic, I've gone back to beer. It hasn't upset the stomach as bad as wine and other things do.
    Now I can't even have that if I want to stay gluten free. So I have to find something else.

I do enjoy an occasionally shot of something in my coffee (usually NOT the morning coffee) to combat the cold.

But a few years ago, I could put away some Margaritas or even shots of tequila.
    Except for Margaritas, I was never into frou-frou or boat drinks or fancy martinis. I am not hugely into flavored drinks or liqueurs.
    I have mostly in my life stuck to things like rum and coke, vodka and OJ or grapefruit juice or even vodka gimlets (which is just vodka and lime). And I like mojitos and sangria. And the occasional gin and tonic in summer.

Superbrat, there was a link on yahoo yesterday about the movie 27 dresses and it had a link to bridesmaid horror stories. Some were so funny, but it also had a link to a site for bridesmaids that offered helpful advice and tips. It was called BridesmaidAid.com to the rescue!!!.
    I like the pink and chocolate brown colors.
    But it did talk about how bridesmaid dresses are making a transformation from ugly to sophisticated and how designers are doing more for bridesmaid dresses than in the past.

Buglover, the sushi sounds like a great way to pay tribute to a spunky grandmother.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have a question that may have been addressed here before, but since I've never had an interest before I wouldn't have retained it. I'm thinking of trying a tanning booth. Now before you jump on me, I know they're as bad as sunning for real - but my Feb. trip to Florida fell through and I would have been exposed to sun there. I'm just thinking that as we head into the worst stretch of cold weather, it might be a nice pick-me-up. So here are my questions: Do you wear sunscreen? Do you bring your own music? Do you get the beneficial D that you would with real sun? Do you need sunglasses, or do they provide eye coverage? I guess I could ask the place that does it, but I'm curious if anyone here is willing to admit having done it who enjoyed it. I'm not talking about getting a deep leather tan, I'm just talking about a little color. What do you wear? I've obviously never done it before and am a little curious.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Gut,
    Here's an article I found on first time tanning bed users.

Instructions on Using a Tanning Bed for the First Time - Associated Content

I've never used one. I lived in Florida and could just sit in my backyard for color. Of course, now I look like a fishes underbelly.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Ack! Having second thoughts already. Thanks for the research MRD.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2761924;
    Ack! Having second thoughts already. Thanks for the research MRD.
    Besides it is the healthy thing to be pasty white.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I know this, but having worked as a lifeguard last summer and having the appreciation for the tan that provided (in spite of my constant use of the highest sunblock possible) that my generation has hard wired... what can I say? A moment of weakness.
    Count your blessings!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2761871;
    I have a question that may have been addressed here before, but since I've never had an interest before I wouldn't have retained it. I'm thinking of trying a tanning booth.
    Gut, I did this once 'cause someone gave me a coupon for a session and I was going to go on vacation and thought similarly as you--that it would give me a head start bla bla bla. I HATED IT. I felt claustrophibic and like I was in a coffin, sort of. I also felt like there would be an emergency and everyone would leave and I'd be trapped in there, getting charred! (OK, obviously I'm too melodramatic at times!) I would rather be pasty white and go on a trip with lots of sunscreen on to slowly tan the natural way. No tanning booths for me!

I have a question that may have been addressed here before, but since I've never had an interest before I wouldn't have retained it. I'm thinking of trying a tanning booth. Now before you jump on me, I know they're as bad as sunning for real - but my Feb. trip to Florida fell through and I would have been exposed to sun there. I'm just thinking that as we head into the worst stretch of cold weather, it might be a nice pick-me-up. So here are my questions: Do you wear sunscreen? Do you bring your own music? Do you get the beneficial D that you would with real sun? Do you need sunglasses, or do they provide eye coverage? I guess I could ask the place that does it, but I'm curious if anyone here is willing to admit having done it who enjoyed it. I'm not talking about getting a deep leather tan, I'm just talking about a little color. What do you wear? I've obviously never done it before and am a little curious.
    Gut, a couple of years ago I went to Costa Rica in February (I live in MI) and my dermatologist suggested I go a little so I didn't fry when I get there. (I have really pale skin). You just lay in the bed and the one I went to had radio's you listened to while there. They do provide glasses for your eyes when you are there. Start at a really short time and work your way up. I went for about a couple of weeks before I left. During the last week I broke out in a really bad skin rash and stopped going. I had some sort of allergic reaction to the tanning bed lights. They are a nice way to get a base but I would never go regularly, this was just a rare instance.

The nicest thing about it was I would always fall asleep in the bed. There's something about lying in a nice, toasty, pod that makes me really sleepy. It was a nice, short afternoon nap while having lots of other things going on.

I've been to tanning beds a couple dozen times to get rid of the pasty white winter look. You can wear sunscreen if you want but it's really not necessary, you're not going to be in there for very long (especially at first). They will have music for you to listen to, usually a little radio that you can tune to whatever you want. They have little glass type things to cover your eyes. And you can wear whatever you want. Or you can wear nothing. The room is private so you don't have to worry. They set the bed on a timer for however long your session is and then they leave you alone. They will probably have a maximum time for first-timers, but I wouldn't go for more than 10 minutes. Your first few times you'll be really prone to burning. So start small and work your way up until you get the light color that you want.

And yes, tanning beds are bad, just like the sun. If you don't overdo it you'll be fine. And from your post it sound like you just want to get a little color, so you've got nothing to worry about. I actually found tanning in the beds very relaxing. It smells like coconut and it's warm and you're by yourself and it's just wonderful.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread