+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 2440 FirstFirst ... 175758596061626364656667686970717273747576771171675671067 ... LastLast
Like Tree5956Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Just Say NO is a registered trademark of Myrosiedog, Inc. All rights reserved.
    I think that Nancy Reagan's anti-drug campaign beat you to it by about 20 years.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Love your new "JustSayNo" business idea, myrosiedog! What a cute name.

misskitty - that is so cool that you got to meet up again with your old co-worker. just goes to show what a small small world this really is.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Is it 3:30 yet?

myrosiedog.....Great business venture....are you going public? I could get in on the ground floor....what are your stocks going for? What does MsFroggy know?

mykitty....I live in a small town and love running into old friends.....then we stand there looking at each other....thinking "my she's changed"....then out of our mouths "you look great"..."you really look good"
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Another good name. Should have thought of that one, but it implies more than just saying no.

Ms. Froggy, I can see that you don't need my services, but there are others that do. Perhaps you can reccomend me to your friends. There would be a hostess gift in it for you!
    I'm just going to have to say "Hell NO" to that idea too.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    ....I live in a small town and love running into old friends.....then we stand there looking at each other....thinking "my she's changed"....then out of our mouths "you look great"..."you really look good"
    Yes, that does happen once in awhile, doesn't it!

myrosiedog: There's a new show you may like coming on in the fall. It stars that girl from 90210, whatshername, and the show is about giving out bad news. She tells boyfriends that their girlfriend DID break up with them, helps bosses fire their employees (who are their friends), helps people say "I quit" to their bosses, and other relationship issues. When I remember the darned names of the host and the show, I'll let you know. Darned brain is a blank slate today.

Oh yes, and put me down for some shares. Are they trading on the NYSE?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    myrosiedog: There's a new show you may like coming on in the fall. It stars that girl from 90210, whatshername, and the show is about giving out bad news.
    Shannen Doherty. The show's called "Breaking up with Shannen Doherty" and is an Oxygen show. (This useless piece of trivia has been brought to you by Lois Lane. )

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Shannen Doherty. The show's called "Breaking up with Shannen Doherty" and is an Oxygen show. (This useless piece of trivia has been brought to you by Lois Lane. )
    That is sure to help smooth off the rough edges of her public personna, right?
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

MRD

I am officially an Old Fart

I thought that at 44, I wasn't old. Heck, 40 is the new 30 right? I look younger (or so I get told quite a bit as I'm not one of these women that won't divulge my age.). And I thought that I act pretty cool, not immature, but not like my mom did at 44 and I thought I was pretty on top of today's music. My daughter has turned me onto some bands I really enjoy.

But today was the EYE OPENER. We went to Walmart. She was buying a birthday present for a friend and we were in the CD aisle. (I don't do much CD shopping anymore, as I download stuff), but my gosh, I hadn't heard of HALF of the bands. Right there in the aisle I felt the wrinkles form, the gray hairs pop out, I'm pretty sure my clothes transformed into polyester stretch pants. I was STUNNED. STUNNED I tell you to find out that there is over half of the CD aisle full of bands and artists I have NEVER heard of:

Panic at the Disco, Postal Service, Ok Go, Funeral for a Friend (thought that was an old Elton John song) and on it went. I asked my daughter and she says: Oh, yeah, they're good, I like that band, don't like that one, this is a good one. You wouldn't like them tho. I thought: Wait! I like The Killers, I like Green Day, I like Evanescence, but who are these others? And I felt like my mother must have felt when I was 15 and buying Lynyrd Skynyrd and Black Sabbath: "where do they get these names???"

I slunk over to the B's and bought a David Bowie CD and wanted to hide it as it was probably flashing neon to the store that here is someone who thinks she's cool, but she's NOT, she's FREAKING old and out of touch and all teenagers everywhere are making fun of her.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Call me Bionic woman. I just came back from running a double errand with an ultimate destination.
    I left the house after 4:20pm only to run back minutes later for some esential supplies.
    I had to run to the library (since my printer is on a timeout) and print a shipping label for a package. The library is about 25 minutes away with a moderate walk, at the rate i was going, i was pretty much flying there. I got in and out in 6 minutes and made it to the post office ( which is close to the library) in a flash( more like 7-8 minutes) with minutes to spare when it closes at 5 on the dot. Still managed to wrap one more package and i finally shipped both off. Now i just hope nothing breaks in either package.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread