+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6518Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2755794;
    This makes the most overall sense to me, but I would have said in the ad, "PART TIME MEDICAL OFFICE help needed.
    But then they'd have to pay for an extra word in the ad. I'm guessing it is a really, really cheap doctor's office with commensurate salary.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I'll add my Bucket List!

1. Go to the East Coast (I'll actually be doing this in August. I have to go to NC for my cousin's wedding)
    2. Go to the Mutter Medical Museum (i've seen shows of this on Discovery and Travel and it looks AWESOME)
    3. Go to DisneyWorld and Epcot
    4. Visit New York City
    5. Go to England and visit my best friend from high school
    6. Visit Italy
    7. Go to the Harajuku district of Tokyo
    8. See a Dali painting in person
    9. Swim with dolphins
    10. See an elephant in the wild
    11. Meet Robert Asprin and/or Piers Anthony
    12. Go to a taping of Conan O'Brian
    13. Own a harlequin great dane
    14. Get on a Reality TV Show for a good reason
    15. Go to a Green Day concert
    16. Go to the Louvre
    17. Pretty much go everywhere Rick Steves does
    18. Find a wine I may actually like
    19. Meet some of the people I've been friends with online for numerous years
    Last edited by SuperBrat; 01-16-2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: there is no such thing as the east coat...
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2755895;
    I'll add my Bucket List!

1. Go to the East Coast (I'll actually be doing this in August. I have to go to NC for my cousin's wedding)
    2. Go to the Mutter Medical Museum (i've seen shows of this on Discovery and Travel and it looks AWESOME)
    3. Go to DisneyWorld and Epcot
    4. Visit New York City
    5. Go to England and visit my best friend from high school
    6. Visit Italy
    7. Go to the Harajuku district of Tokyo
    8. See a Dali painting in person
    9. Swim with dolphins
    10. See an elephant in the wild
    11. Meet Robert Asprin and/or Piers Anthony
    12. Go to a taping of Conan O'Brian
    13. Own a harlequin great dane
    14. Get on a Reality TV Show for a good reason
    15. Go to a Green Day concert
    16. Go to the Louvre
    17. Pretty much go everywhere Rick Steves does
    18. Find a wine I may actually like
    19. Meet some of the people I've been friends with online for numerous years

If you make it to Florida and Disney, take a detour to St. Petersburg (near Tampa) as they have a Salvadore Dali museum. It's pretty cool.

On the medical office thing. I was just thinking how weird it would be to have someone do office work and blood draws. I'm thinking that most doctor's offices I have experience with, the office people usually do NOT do anything with the patients (except office type stuff) and the medical staff does not do paperwork.
    So to look to hire someone that does both is kind of weird to me. And it may just be me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2755774;
    Yep. A friend of mine is a Phlebotomist, all he does is draw blood for testing.
    My (almost) ex SIL was a Phlebotomist at a hospital. We used to joke about her being a Vampire.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2755995;
    My (almost) ex SIL was a Phlebotomist at a hospital. We used to joke about her being a Vampire.
    I got called that a lot.

But I also had a lot of repeat customers that would ask for me and I always took that as a compliment. I've had enough bad phlebotomists that I never ever "dug for gold" when I stuck someone. I was told often that I had a "natural" gift for it, so maybe I do have some "vampire" in me.

I got on the job training and was not sent to school. Different states require different types of training and licensing.

I think what I found funny in that ad is that I answered an ad for a receptionist for a doctor's office and it had been filled. The RN asked me if I'd be interested in being a medical assistant instead. Sure why not? I was hired and trained in the office by the RN and one of the midwives taught me phlebotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2755066;
    partial bucket list of places to see:
    1- JFK Library
    2- Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas
    3- Hyde Park home of FDR
    4- Capitol Records Building in Hollywood
    5- Ride a cable car
    6- The Empire State Building
    7- Golden Gate Bridge
    8- Statue of Liberty
    9- Eat at Primanti Brothers - Pittsburgh
    10-Nathans at Coney Island
    ..more to come.....
    Gabriel, as a life long Pittsburgher, that made me smile. And the sandwiches are wonderful, I think it's the bread that makes them extra special.

My bucket list:

I want to go to London, I've read so many books that are set there. I want to see it in person.

I want to go to Italy to see where my great grandparents lived. And for the food obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2755528;
    Those were funny movies. As I have never owned livestock before, except a pony when I was very small, I'm sure me owning a farm would be hilarious. I would need a barrel of cash so I could afford to hire people that did know what they were doing. Fortunately my husband has some farm experience.
    Well, you could hire me as a manager -- I know what to do, and would be more than happy to supervise the s**t shoveling, fence fixing, hay stacking, tractor maintaining, barn cleaning, etc. etc. I'll do the animal spoiling myself so it's done right

On my farm, one difference--I like all the weird varieties chickens come in, but can't stand more than a couple of ducks or geese around a pond. The mess they make is horrible, and they bug you to death while you're trying to fish. I think I would skip the roosters, too, because of the noise.
    I've read "The Egg and I" but never seen any movies about Ma and Pa Kettle.
    Gabriel, when I was a kid we lived out in the sticks and I was always looking for a chance to go visit my friends who had farms so I could 'help'. There were cows and a bull in the pasture directly behind our house, and I was so jealous that we didn't have any. Any chance I got I was fooling with cows, pigs, or horses. I bought my own horse when I wa 16 and did all the horse related things till I was around 40, and still rode a lot until my last horse show buddy moved a few years ago.
    So you may have entirely the wrong picture of me!

Superbrat, I want to see the Mutter museum too.
    MRD, I've tried to go to that Dali museum a few times in the last 25 years, and every time I was in the area, it was closed for whatever reason. Just a weird coincidence; one of these days I may see it.
    Last edited by queenb; 01-16-2008 at 08:40 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2756243;
    Well, you could hire me as a manager -- I know what to do, and would be more than happy to supervise the s**t shoveling, fence fixing, hay stacking, tractor maintaining, barn cleaning, etc. etc. I'll do the animal spoiling myself so it's done right

On my farm, one difference--I like all the weird varieties chickens come in, but can't stand more than a couple of ducks or geese around a pond. The mess they make is horrible, and they bug you to death while you're trying to fish. I think I would skip the roosters, too, because of the noise.
    I've read "The Egg and I" but never seen any movies about Ma and Pa Kettle.
    Gabriel, when I was a kid we lived out in the sticks and I was always looking for a chance to go visit my friends who had farms so I could 'help'. There were cows and a bull in the pasture directly behind our house, and I was so jealous that we didn't have any. Any chance I got I was fooling with cows, pigs, or horses. I bought my own horse when I wa 16 and did all the horse related things till I was around 40, and still rode a lot until my last horse show buddy moved a few years ago.
    So you may have entirely the wrong picture of me!

Superbrat, I want to see the Mutter museum too.
    MRD, I've tried to go to that Dali museum a few times in the last 25 years, and every time I was in the area, it was closed for whatever reason. Just a weird coincidence; one of these days I may see it.
    You're hired, but I need a sh** shoveler too.

Most of my friends growing up lived on farms too and I have seen intimately how they run. My best friends dad had Guinea Hens and what a nusiance those things were. Someone was always trying to round up the Guinea Hens and chasing the damn things.

We used to have cow patty fights in the pastures. Now that is a fun time.

Gabriel probably does have an accurate picture of me. While I was raised in a small town and am familiar with livestock and country living, I have not ever really done much of it myself. But I think I could. I like being outdoors and I like animals, so I don't think it would be a problem. Right now when my family irritatest the you know what out of me, I imagine myself heading out to the barn to take care of animals and muck stalls. I'd rather do that and have peace and quiet then put up with teenage angst and middleaged husbanditis.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2756270;
    You're hired, but I need a sh** shoveler too.

Most of my friends growing up lived on farms too and I have seen intimately how they run. My best friends dad had Guinea Hens and what a nusiance those things were. Someone was always trying to round up the Guinea Hens and chasing the damn things.

We used to have cow patty fights in the pastures. Now that is a fun time.

Gabriel probably does have an accurate picture of me. While I was raised in a small town and am familiar with livestock and country living, I have not ever really done much of it myself. But I think I could. I like being outdoors and I like animals, so I don't think it would be a problem. Right now when my family irritatest the you know what out of me, I imagine myself heading out to the barn to take care of animals and muck stalls. I'd rather do that and have peace and quiet then put up with teenage angst and middleaged husbanditis.

What??? I swear I need to start wearing my glasses when I'm on the computer. The word I was trying to type was irritates.

Well we have about 2 inches of snow! Looks beautiful, has covered all the ugly stuff and made the evergreens look really pretty. This is the first time seeing it at night and boy is it ever bright outside. You could read by the light being reflected. check out the animal thread for the dogs reactions to it.

I just checked the radar and the snow is almost over and the freezing rain and sleet is on its way. Time for me to go to bed and sleep through that.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2756528;
    Time for me to go to bed and sleep through that.
    Did you get your bread and milk first?

+ Reply to Thread