+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6553Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2755467;
    You stole my idea!

I want a big farm, with lots of animals and a big lake/pond with swans and ducks.
    I want chickens too, but hubby says if that ever comes to pass, I can't have chickens.
    But I'd need help running the farm.
    I even have a name picked out for it.

We could go to NYC and skydive on the way? Arrive in Manhattan via parachute?

What with the two of you posting about farms, why did Ma & Pa Kettle pop into my head? I hold you in the highest regard and do not consider either queenb or Myrosiedog anywhere near Ma & Pa Kettle...but those movies were hilarious.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2755508;
    What with the two of you posting about farms, why did Ma & Pa Kettle pop into my head? I hold you in the highest regard and do not consider either queenb or Myrosiedog anywhere near Ma & Pa Kettle...but those movies were hilarious.
    Those were funny movies. As I have never owned livestock before, except a pony when I was very small, I'm sure me owning a farm would be hilarious. I would need a barrel of cash so I could afford to hire people that did know what they were doing. Fortunately my husband has some farm experience.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

What do you all think of this help wanted ad from the weekly newspaper in my small town?
    PART-TIME OFFICE help needed. Phlebotomy skills a plus. Must be detail oriented and a people person. Fax resume to .....
    Phlebotomy is the act of therapeutic blood-letting!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2755704;
    What do you all think of this help wanted ad from the weekly newspaper in my small town?

PART-TIME OFFICE help needed. Phlebotomy skills a plus. Must be detail oriented and a people person. Fax resume to .....

Phlebotomy is the act of therapeutic blood-letting!!!!
    Here's what I found on this.
    Plebotomy is the practice of drawing blood. The word is derived from the Greek words phlebo (meaning vein) and tomy (meaning to make a cut). It is an ancient profession dating back 3,500 years to the time of the Egyptians. In Europe in the Middle Ages barber-surgeons performed phlebotomy to cure illnesses. The familiar red and white lines on a barber's pole date from this period and signify blood bandages.
    Modern phlebotomy shares little more than a name with these ancient practices. Today phlebotomy is performed primarily to diagnose and monitor a patient's condition and involves highly developed and rigorously tested procedures and equipment to ensure the the safety and comfort of the patient and the integrity of the sample collected.

Yep. A friend of mine is a Phlebotomist, all he does is draw blood for testing.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

In our area here in Ohio, it is about a 9-month course to become a Phlebotomist.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

What do you all think of this help wanted ad from the weekly newspaper in my small town?Phlebotomy is the act of therapeutic blood-letting!!!!
    Maybe it's a little corner vampire store?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

What do you all think of this help wanted ad from the weekly newspaper in my small town?Phlebotomy is the act of therapeutic blood-letting!!!!
    They are just looking for someone who can draw blood. I used to be a Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant and the only theraputic value in it was that the blood was examined by a certified lab and the dr. sent the results.

Sounds like a doctor's office that just needs a part time all around type person to help out and do blood draws for lab testing when needed.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks for everyone's input. I thought it was someone's tongue-in-cheek way of saying that you'd have to deal with some tough customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2755779;
    Sounds like a doctor's office that just needs a part time all around type person to help out and do blood draws for lab testing when needed.
    This makes the most overall sense to me, but I would have said in the ad, "PART TIME MEDICAL OFFICE help needed.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

With that wording, makes you wonder what else they did the rest of the time, huh? Oil and lube jobs???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread