+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5777Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2755197;
    Gabriel, I don't want to burst your bubble, but I just did that two weekends ago and got violently ill. However, the other 2 people I was with were just fine. Maybe just steer clear of the chili dogs and go with the cheese or onions and sauerkraut. And, FYI, Coney Island in the winter time is oddly creepy and fun at the same time. I wanted to see it before the Astroland rides were razed (if that actually happens) even if they were closed.

I hear ya on the Primanti Brothers destination. Having been born in the 'Burgh and having tons of relatives in the area, you'd think I'd have been by now, but no. One day I'm gonna go and get the psycho sandwich with the fries & slaw on it.
    Well I won't be going anytime soon, and my Uncle lived in NY for years says Nathans is really nothing to rave about.
    But I really want that sandwich from Primanti.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I grew up with ice storms and if you get a real one you aren't going anywhere for at least a day or two. We used to have a hard time getting from the front door of the house to the mailbox at the curb. I remember spending three or four days at a time sleeping in sleeping bags in the basement in front of the fireplace and whiling away the time playing Tripoly and Monopoly.

We had a mini ice storm overnight and walking my dog this morning resembled going ice skating. The dog was really puzzled by spinning out on the sidewalk. Luckily, it warmed up by late morning and it all melted.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2755123;
    The Smithsonian is tops on my bucket list
    The Smithsonian is wonderful and it's free! I went on a solo trip to D.C. about 7 years ago and had a blast. I did all of the "touristy" things - the hop on/off bus was great for getting from monument to monument. I also took a twilight tour of the major monuments which was wonderful. I really enjoyed the Library of Congress and the American History part of the Smithsonian (how can you NOT love seeing Indiana Jones' leather jacket and the jukebox from Happy Days?). The Flight/Space museum was also very interesting. I think they have moved part of that since I was there. If y'all do decide to go, let me know. I stayed in a very cheap but clean old hotel which was perfect for tourists and would be happy to pass along the name of it.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2753993;
    It usually goes up in January but according to the Canada Post website the price is remaining at 52 cents this year (they posted a notice on their website yesterday). The service will probably remain lacking.

Just got this in. It's on Parcel Services apparently:

Canada Post 2008 price changes now in effect ***
    14 January, 2008 | 00:05

Canada Post’s price and service changes (see below) come into effect today, January 14, 2008.
    Effective today, January 14, 2008, there are no price increases to the following Canada Post Transaction Mail and Direct Marketing Services:

Domestic Lettermail™ (0-30g)
    For more information on price and service changes for Transaction Mail and Direct Marketing Services, please click here.

Effective today, January 14, 2008, there are price increases to the following Canada Post Parcel Services:

Priority Courier™, including Small Business Value Packs
    Purolator™† International- U.S.A., and International
    Xpresspost™ - Canada, U.S.A., and International, including Small Business Value Packs
    Expedited Parcel™ - Canada and U.S.A.
    Regular Parcel™ - Canada
    USA and International Small Packets (including Light Packet)
    International Air and Surface Parcels
    For more information on price and service changes for Parcel Services, please click here.

The Canada Post Web site also offers additional information on changes to their Parcel Services. Go to Canada Post - About Business Essentials and click on the red Service and price changes effective January 14, 2008 icon.

™ Trademarks of Canada Post Corporation ™† Trademark of Purolator Courier Ltd.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Hmmm. A bucket list.

gabriel: I've done #5 and #7!

dagwood: Does looking through the Smithsonian catalogue and ordering something count?

myrosiedog I've never owned a horse but I've ridden one.

queenb: I've been to Italy...you MUST go!!

So, what does it mean if I've accomplished some things on your bucket list?

I have such a huge bucket list, it wouldn't fit in a bucket. I'd need a bucket train... choo chooo!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My Bucket List would NOT include skydiving or anything else that involves jumping from great heights.

I would like to see all 50 states. I've visited about half so far.

I'd also like to visit all of the continents. One of my Mom's friends has done that!

I've been to Italy and England. I've visited Canada twice (Montreal and London, Ontario). I think that Scotland, Spain and Mexico or South America are next on my Bucket List.

As far as food goes, I want to re-visit the hotel in Chattanooga, TN where we spent our honeymoon three weeks ago and eat another wonderful pepper encrusted beef tenderloin sandwich. I think that was the best thing that I have ever tasted and I want another one before I die.

Aside from that, I'd love to have the space, money and time to rescue Dachshunds (like our beloved Henry) and give them all a fun place to run/waddle, play and be happy.

The last thing on my Bucket List is to go white water rafting. I've done this once before and it was SO much fun. I want to raft again before I kick the bucket.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2755066;
    partial bucket list of places to see:
    1- JFK Library
    2- Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas
    3- Hyde Park home of FDR
    4- Capitol Records Building in Hollywood
    5- Ride a cable car
    6- The Empire State Building
    7- Golden Gate Bridge
    8- Statue of Liberty
    9- Eat at Primanti Brothers - Pittsburgh
    10-Nathans at Coney Island
    ..more to come.....
    Can I come with you? I've done only 1, well a partial 2 on your list and it sounds good too.
    I'd add the Truman Library in Independence, Mo.

I have riden over and sailed under the Golden Gate, but I did not get to ride in the cable car in San Fran.

I have seen the Statue of Liberty from a plane window only.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2755071;
    I have a shovel and 50 acres, and it's only about half full . . .
    Ok, I now have an alibi and a place to put the body. How frozen is the ground in KS now Newf?

Queenb You can come ride anytime. I know how expensive it is, that's why I don't have one. It's a dream though. I would be working just to support the horse.

I would go skydiving with you and so would my hubby. He was in the 82nd Airborne and has done it already many times and says its the best rush ever. He's finally talked me into wanting to do it, but I haven't done it yet. But I would do it. If I can rapel, then I think I'd skydive.

I was very fortunate in highschool and college that my brother lived in Richmond, VA and had to go to DC on business a lot. I spent summers with him and so got to see a LOT of the Smithsonian back then. Now I'd like to see the FDR memorial and the World War 2 Memorial. I donated to that one in my dad's name and I really want to see it. If I ever graduate from college, the ceremony is held in Manassas, VA and I am going. If I work hard enough for that diploma, then I'm not having them mail it to me. Then I plan to take it and my cap from graduation to the WWII memorial and place the cap at the base of the Florida monument in honor of my dad.

I will add that I want to do to Scotland and Alaska to my bucket list.

I want to go through the Panama Canal too.

I want to go to New York and see something besides JFK and LaGuardia airports.

I want to go to Graceland and Memphis for blues and BBQ.

I want to see Eric Clapton in concert.

I want enough land that I can have more animals.

And lastly, I want world peace. And maps. I want maps for Miss S. Carolina and for all those poor people in "the iraq" and elsewhere that do not have maps and therefore cannot dream of traveling because of their poor geography skills. (sorry I couldn't resist.)
    Last edited by MRD; 01-16-2008 at 05:15 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Ok MRD-- you are now on the list to go skydiving with! And I'd like to go to NYC also, but don't want to do that trip solo either.
    I've always thought that if I somehow ended up with an obscene amount so that it wasn't an issue, I wouldn't buy mansions and fancy cars (ok, maybe a couple of cool antiques0 and bling...i'd have a big, big big farm (and hire help so I wouldn't have to do much actual work, just point my finger! ) that would be for rescue and unwanted pets, as well as various horses and some things I find just cool to look at, like a zebra, a miniature zebu (looks like a Bramha bull only 3 feet tall) , a camel..
    Oh yeah, and a custom dug lake for fishin and swimmin.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2755409;
    Ok MRD-- you are now on the list to go skydiving with! And I'd like to go to NYC also, but don't want to do that trip solo either.
    I've always thought that if I somehow ended up with an obscene amount so that it wasn't an issue, I wouldn't buy mansions and fancy cars (ok, maybe a couple of cool antiques0 and bling...i'd have a big, big big farm (and hire help so I wouldn't have to do much actual work, just point my finger! ) that would be for rescue and unwanted pets, as well as various horses and some things I find just cool to look at, like a zebra, a miniature zebu (looks like a Bramha bull only 3 feet tall) , a camel..
    Oh yeah, and a custom dug lake for fishin and swimmin.
    You stole my idea!

I want a big farm, with lots of animals and a big lake/pond with swans and ducks.
    I want chickens too, but hubby says if that ever comes to pass, I can't have chickens.
    But I'd need help running the farm.
    I even have a name picked out for it.

We could go to NYC and skydive on the way? Arrive in Manhattan via parachute?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The older I get, the shorter my bucket list gets. Not because I've done the things I once wanted to do, but because nearly all of them have become less important over the years. There are really only two things I must do before I kick. First, I am not a happy cubicle drone and the likelihood of my getting a job doing something I enjoy is pretty much nil, so I need to have at least one year of retirement before I go. And the second thing is I need to produce enough paintings that are good enough that I will be accepted into the juried art show held at Nathan Phillips Square every summer. And that's it. Oh yeah, there is a third item. Mr. Rattus and I really need to do a tour around the east coast, specifically Newfoundland, and, even more specifically, Gros Morne National Park and L'Ans aux Meadows.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread