+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5650Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2754939;
    You're being so productive. It stormed here somewhat (well mini storm for us Canadians ) and all I've done is hit the treadmill and veg'd in front of the tv. I'll finish working out later tonight.

But wow, mrd, you're certainly inspiring me to get off my butt!
    Oh yeah, well, I never really got out of bed on Sun. and didn't do much yesterday either. I had to make up for it. Besides, I had quite a bit of coffee this morning and spent 2 1/2 hours sitting in a dr. office, so I was rearing to go when I got out of there.
    Did I mention I went to the grocery AND the library too? The only thing I missed was the post office and that was because it was the opposite direction of where I was headed today. Need to hit it tomorrow.

This sudden burst of energy will give way to lethargy and apathy (my two best friends. ) again tomorrow.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm a few hours late, it looks like, but I like the bucket list question.

One of my goals is to fill every slot on my passport with stamps (basically, enough countries in ten years to fill however many pages). Some airports are stingy with the stamps!! (I've flown through Charles de Gaulle seven or eight times, and I think I've been stamped once. It's silly but I want the stamp!!!)

And, a related goal... I want to visit all seven continents (two down, a third one going down in May), and all 50 states (35 down, 15 to go-- when I was 13, we drove around the US in an RV. That helped this goal a lot). I'd go for all of the countries in the world, but I'm trying to stick to attainable goals. Don't want to die disappointed!

partial bucket list of places to see:
    1- JFK Library
    2- Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas
    3- Hyde Park home of FDR
    4- Capitol Records Building in Hollywood
    5- Ride a cable car
    6- The Empire State Building
    7- Golden Gate Bridge
    8- Statue of Liberty
    9- Eat at Primanti Brothers - Pittsburgh
    10-Nathans at Coney Island
    ..more to come.....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2754607;
    How about you and Joey? Or possibly an alibi as I'm already contemplating bodily harm to the teenager and we aren't even cooped up together yet. I scrubbed the ENTIRE kitchen, ran the dishwasher, cooked some stuff, cleaned that up, did laundry, cleaned off the kitchen table AGAIN and she and her boyfriend went in there and in 30 min. both sides of the double sink were filled with dirty dishes, the counters were strewn with food bits and trash and the table was piled up again. And yes, I LOST it!
    I have a shovel and 50 acres, and it's only about half full . . .

Hmm, a bucket list. I love it.

I'd love to travel, but it's not something I have to do. It's something I want to share with my husband. I really want to go to Ireland and Italy and, and, and... Lots of food to eat and lots of sights to see and lots of wine glasses to clink. But I'm confident that I'll get to do some of that when I'm older.

I want to learn to play the guitar. I started lessons when I was younger but my family was very poor and couldn't pay for more than a month's worth. I loved it. I would love to start over again and learn to play the acoustic guitar.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2753921;
    There's a new movie out that I want to see with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman called "The Bucket List".

It got me thinking about all the things I'd like to do in my life before I "kick the bucket"

Anyone else have a "bucket list?"

Mine:

Own a horse
    Learn to race barrels on the horse
    I have a spot in the back of my mind that wants to own a horse again, but it would make me financially unable to do much of anything else. I've gotten past the point of being willing to train other folks animals four or five hours a day in exchange for feed and board, and the $$$$ involved in feed, shoes, worming and all that horses need every couple of months makes me lean toward.... probably not, unless I come up on a dumpster full of Benjamins. Then, I'd be getting horses again.
    I did do all the barrel racing, horse showing in every division, etc. so maybe if you got your horse I could come up and show you what to do, in exchange for you let me ride a little

My own bucket list--
    Travel to at least every state in the US and all Canadian provinces--have done a lot toward this since getting out of the previously mentioned horse business!
    Travel overseas somewhere--to Italy at least, if anyone I know ever comes up with enough dollars to join me. I usually go solo, but not where English isn't the first language. I need to blab at will.
    Skydive or hang glide, at least once. Again, I think this would be more fun with a buddy, and all mine are wusses about these sports!
    I want to find a gemstone good enough to be mounted in a nice piece of jewelry. It can't come from one of those places where they cheat and dump rocks from around the world in a bucket of dirt either.I've pursued this a little bit, but not to excess.

I can't think of anything else right now--for years I was hell bent to not die without going to Alaska, but I've spent one looong and one week trip there now. I even did see the bears, moose, salmon running and caught a bunch of fish. I'll go back, but I don't have any other trips I just MUST do.
    Last edited by queenb; 01-15-2008 at 11:06 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

The Smithsonian is tops on my bucket list
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Holla at me dagwood, I'll go with you! Seriously. I take their magazine, and one of the main museums, I believe the American history one, is closed until this summer, but I've never been to DC at all and it is on my list. In DC, the Smithsonian is THE big deal for me!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I gotta save first, I want to spend a week there so I can see it all. I'll let you know when I go.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2755066;
    partial bucket list of places to see:
    10-Nathans at Coney Island
    Gabriel, I don't want to burst your bubble, but I just did that two weekends ago and got violently ill. However, the other 2 people I was with were just fine. Maybe just steer clear of the chili dogs and go with the cheese or onions and sauerkraut. And, FYI, Coney Island in the winter time is oddly creepy and fun at the same time. I wanted to see it before the Astroland rides were razed (if that actually happens) even if they were closed.

I hear ya on the Primanti Brothers destination. Having been born in the 'Burgh and having tons of relatives in the area, you'd think I'd have been by now, but no. One day I'm gonna go and get the psycho sandwich with the fries & slaw on it.

+ Reply to Thread