+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7220Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

When I was a kid, Dr. Scholl's were really expensive and sold at department stores. I didn't know they had them at WalMart! I'll have to go get a pair!

As everyone's been mentioning Dr. Scholl's, I keep thinking of the sandals with the wooden soles which made a comeback about five years ago! I have a pair in turquoise, and I happen to think they're comfortable once they're broken in, but my mom informs me that I'm the only one who thinks of them as walking shoes!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

For any of you who think about buying the pretty flip-flops from Walmart, they are imported from China, so don't. They, apparently, are causing nasty rashes/burns on womens feet (from the paint). Snopes actually confirmed this. I got an email, and the pictures were nasty. I love to debunk scary emails (friends always send me questionable emails), but I couldn't debunk this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Re: After Midnight...

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2753017;
    Aren't you in Canada, misskitty? The price for domestic stamps remains the same this year. If you're not...then never mind.
    Yes I do, CCL. My sister had called and told me it was going up. The guy at my neighborhood store said it would go up in January as well. I haven't actually bought more because I have some left. I guess I should go and see.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2753621;
    I usually buy my shoes at regular shoe stores and pay the extra for good quality. Since my feet aren't growing anymore, I figure it's worth it to get something that will last. But this past spring I wanted some comfortable walking sandals for a work trip, and all I had were flip-flops. I of course waited until the last minute and ended up buying some Dr. Scholl's sandals from Wal-mart because they were nice and smooshy on my feet. They've lasted a year and I still really like them. Then this past weekend I was at Wal-Mart shopping again and was looking for some cheap Ked's knock-offs because I needed something clean (my tennis shoes were very sorry) as a temporary fix until I could make it to a real store. I found some Dr. Scholl's walking/tennis shoes and they're great! I think I'm going to find some Converse All-Stars so I can embarrass my kids if these don't last long. I love Wal-Mart. I'm with all of you that their meat and produce is hit or miss and the crowds are a pain, but it's worth it to me because I just can't afford neighborhood market prices with three kids and a husband who like home cooked meals.
    I have a pair of plaid converse allstars and they embarrass my family greatly, but they are so comfortable and I like that they embarrass my family.

Did you know you can go the converse site online and design your own? They are pricy, but....
    Converse also has an outlet online and I just got the email about their sales and they had some nice "last years styles" on sale that were not bad in prices. Most were under $40.
    I do want to design a Florida Gator shoe for next football season. I love my converses! And they have made me a couple friends too because people comment on them. One woman I struck up a conversation with, we exchanged phone numbers and emails and have gotten together many times since then.

I have found that my Walmart shoes have worked out well. The boots I got have held up nicely, are very comfortable and are doing the trick. They keep my feet nice, warm and dry, are good to walk in and don't look cheap either. They are the Earth Shoe brand. And I buy the keds knock offs a lot and they work for what I need them for.

I think with Walmart it just depends. I have some Hanes Just My Size t-shirts from there that have held up nicely and their Bobby Brooks line also holds up very nicely. I have blouses from there that I have been wearing for a while and they get washed often and actually did better than some more expensive ones I bought at Sears.

Same on towels and tablecloths I have bought there. But I don't have good luck with Walmart pillows.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

There's a new movie out that I want to see with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman called "The Bucket List".

It got me thinking about all the things I'd like to do in my life before I "kick the bucket"

Anyone else have a "bucket list?"

Mine:

Own a horse
    Learn to race barrels on the horse
    Learn to fence (ok Newf, no smart alec comments, I have post hole diggers and I know how to "fence" that way. )
    Learn to play the drums
    Travel more
    do more rapelling (I've only done it once and it was fun)

That's pretty much it for now. I think my list might be longer eventually, but those are the things I wish I could do right now.

Why do you automatically assume that I'm going to be a smart-ass?

CCL

Re: After Midnight...

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2753751;
    Yes I do, CCL. My sister had called and told me it was going up. The guy at my neighborhood store said it would go up in January as well. I haven't actually bought more because I have some left. I guess I should go and see.
    It usually goes up in January but according to the Canada Post website the price is remaining at 52 cents this year (they posted a notice on their website yesterday). The service will probably remain lacking.

I saw the Bucket List but I don't know what would be on my bucket list. Probably travel but I don't know what else. Hmmm...
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2753964;
    Why do you automatically assume that I'm going to be a smart-ass?
    I had a premonition. I'm psycho, I mean psychic like that at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2753581;
    . . . Lucy, my feet "grew" half a size, too. I asked my doc about this and she said that this happens not only to pregnant women, but also as people age, their arches fall. So while the foot technically didn't grow, the fallen arch makes our feet longer. This annoying thing is that I have a lot of shoes, some very expensive, that I can no longer comfortably wear.
    Same thing happened to me in reverse -- after losing a bunch of weight, my arches sprang back up and my shoe size went down a full size, and went down from wide to normal (or medium, or whatever it's called). And, of course, this all happened about a week after I bought new shoes.

By the way, my morning job is all walking (combination English teaching & tour guiding), so good walking shoes are a must. My tootsies have been happiest with Lands End, particularly their athletic sandals. They're well made and don't cost a lot, making them affordable on a teacher's salary!

prhoshay:For any of you who think about buying the pretty flip-flops from Walmart, they are imported from China, so don't. They, apparently, are causing nasty rashes/burns on womens feet (from the paint). Snopes actually confirmed this.
    Love Lands End flip-flops, too! Pretty colors, comfy, only about 10 - 12 bucks, and they last forever (and remain nice-looking!) because they're made from good materials.
    Last edited by Ellen; 01-15-2008 at 11:40 AM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread