+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 2430 FirstFirst ... 165657585960616263646566676869707172737475761161665661066 ... LastLast
Like Tree5806Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    OK, I'm under the impression that by the time you show the symptoms of a cold you're no longer contagious. Not sure where I originally heard that, but I've heard it repeated over the years. Anyone know anything about that?
    I've heard the same thing, but don't know for sure. I tried a google search but didn't come up with anything. What I gather, though, is that you are contagious before you start showing symptoms (it takes a few days for a cold to develop fully), but are also contagious after you start showing symptoms, at which point you've already infected everyone you've come into contact with. I guess this is why everybody starts showing visible symptoms at work at the same time.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I've heard the same thing, but don't know for sure. I tried a google search but didn't come up with anything. What I gather, though, is that you are contagious before you start showing symptoms (it takes a few days for a cold to develop fully), but are also contagious after you start showing symptoms, at which point you've already infected everyone you've come into contact with. I guess this is why everybody starts showing visible symptoms at work at the same time.
    If you have fever, you are contagious. After the fever breaks, you are no longer contagious.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I can't get used to looking in the mirror and seeing my MOTHER!
    Whats even more unnerving is when you look in the mirror and see your mother and you're a MAN! so there.....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

gabriel: Oh my. That would be unnerving. Does she disappear if you have a drinky-poo?

I had a nice little surprise today. A flyer advertising a house and estate sale was left in my mailbox, so while I was out and about I stopped by. They said the house needed a little TLC. More like it needed a Big Bulldozer. Yikes! It's about 90 years old, and in very bad shape. Asking $410,000

Anyhoo, I recognized a lady there and boldly said "I know you". I always recognize faces, but rarely names. It took us only a minute to figure out we used to work in the same department and we hadn't seen each other in 15 years!

It's so fun to meet up with people who are nice after so long. We're going to do a coffee
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Whats even more unnerving is when you look in the mirror and see your mother and you're a MAN! so there.....
    Oh Gabe, go have a drink and it will look better! You are too funny.

Have one for me too while you're at it.

MRD
    Angelic one has given me a great idea for a new business service.

I'm calling it Just Say No.

Have relatives that want to visit and you don't want them there. Call me and for a small fee, I will Just Say No for you.

Friends want to borrow money or invite you to home sales parties? Give me a call and I'll Just Say No for you.

Boss wants you to work on the weekend when you have plans? Call 1-800-SAY NOOO and ask for Myrosiedog.

I'll do the dirty work for you, absolve you of any guilt and get those pesky friends, neighbors, relatives, PTA and bosses off your back. Money back guarantee.

Just Say No is a full service negative reply company. Doesn't matter, what you're being asked, I can and will do the dirty work and say no for you. It's simple and its cheap. $5 per call. We accept all major credit cards and paypal. Saying "Hell No" is an additional fee, as is "No, not in THIS lifetime".

Just Say NO is a registered trademark of Myrosiedog, Inc. All rights reserved.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I'll do the dirty work for you, absolve you of any guilt and get those pesky friends, neighbors, relatives, PTA and bosses off your back. Money back guarantee.
    "Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap!"

Myrosiedog, that is an excellent business venture but sadly I cannot support your new money making scheme either. I'm very consistent when it comes to NOT supporting new business ventures started by friends. I'll just say NO to this one too right away and save $5 which I'm going to invest in the stock market.

Good luck with it though!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    "Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap!"
    Another good name. Should have thought of that one, but it implies more than just saying no.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Myrosiedog, that is an excellent business venture but sadly I cannot support your new money making scheme either. I'm very consistent when it comes to NOT supporting new business ventures started by friends. I'll just say NO to this one too right away and save $5 which I'm going to invest in the stock market.

Good luck with it though!

Ms. Froggy, I can see that you don't need my services, but there are others that do. Perhaps you can reccomend me to your friends. There would be a hostess gift in it for you!
    Last edited by MRD; 08-04-2006 at 05:14 AM.

MRD, let me know when your business expands enough to need help. This would be right up my alley! (Didya like the David Spade Capitol One ads a while back? I loved them because they reminded me of me!)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread