+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5781Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: After Midnight...

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2752666;
    It's 12:32 am... the price of stamps just went up another cent. The postal service, however, has not improved.
    I feel like I'm really getting away with something. I have some stamps that I bought several years ago. They are pretty, and they simply say "First Class", with no monetary amount on them. We've had a few postage increases since then, and I'm still using them. So far, so good! Nothing has come back!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2752966;
    My dogs have their own house, I'm just allowed to live in it with them.
    Joey has his own apartment - I have to pay the rent on.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2752897;
    But the one thing I don't mind paying higher prices for is shoes.

... I usually shop for shoes at Nordstrom's. I love that store and know that even if I pay full retail price, the store stands behind their products and will replace them if I have a problem with them.

Oh yes. I completely agree. You cannot put a price tag on comfortable shoes (well, you can, and Nordstrom/Bloomingdales/whoever does, but it's worth it)... in my old job, I was on my feet and walking around for much of the day. The few times that I wore uncomfortable shoes, I suffered for three days after (and quickly learned my lesson). I LOVE Nordstrom, as well as Bloomingdales... great shoe departments!

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2753332;
    Oh yes. I completely agree. You cannot put a price tag on comfortable shoes (well, you can, and Nordstrom/Bloomingdales/whoever does, but it's worth it)... in my old job, I was on my feet and walking around for much of the day. The few times that I wore uncomfortable shoes, I suffered for three days after (and quickly learned my lesson). I LOVE Nordstrom, as well as Bloomingdales... great shoe departments!
    For those of you who don't know, Nordstrom actually started out as a shoe store in Seattle.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2753336;
    For those of you who don't know, Nordstrom actually started out as a shoe store in Seattle.
    I didn't know that! I knew it started in Seattle...but I thought it started as a department store! No wonder they have such a good shoe selection!

Anyone have a Nordstrom's Rack near them? They are Nordstrom's discount store and have a wonderful shoe collection...and clothes for that matter. It's just all their past season stuff. I love it.

I do believe in paying more for good shoes, but a couple of years ago I shelled out over $100 for a pair of Danskos ... and my feet promptly grew half a size. They were supposed to be the comfort shoes and they pinch.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2753524;
    Anyone have a Nordstrom's Rack near them? They are Nordstrom's discount store and have a wonderful shoe collection...and clothes for that matter. It's just all their past season stuff. I love it.
    LOVE THE RACK!

Wait, that sounds dirty!

Lucy, my feet "grew" half a size, too. I asked my doc about this and she said that this happens not only to pregnant women, but also as people age, their arches fall. So while the foot technically didn't grow, the fallen arch makes our feet longer. This annoying thing is that I have a lot of shoes, some very expensive, that I can no longer comfortably wear.

I usually buy my shoes at regular shoe stores and pay the extra for good quality. Since my feet aren't growing anymore, I figure it's worth it to get something that will last. But this past spring I wanted some comfortable walking sandals for a work trip, and all I had were flip-flops. I of course waited until the last minute and ended up buying some Dr. Scholl's sandals from Wal-mart because they were nice and smooshy on my feet. They've lasted a year and I still really like them. Then this past weekend I was at Wal-Mart shopping again and was looking for some cheap Ked's knock-offs because I needed something clean (my tennis shoes were very sorry) as a temporary fix until I could make it to a real store. I found some Dr. Scholl's walking/tennis shoes and they're great! I think I'm going to find some Converse All-Stars so I can embarrass my kids if these don't last long. I love Wal-Mart. I'm with all of you that their meat and produce is hit or miss and the crowds are a pain, but it's worth it to me because I just can't afford neighborhood market prices with three kids and a husband who like home cooked meals.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I just bought a pair of Dr. Scholl's from Walmart myself (I started working in an emergency health-care centre so I had to put all my lovely high heeled boots away). They really are very comfortable, like wearing cushy slippers. I may relinquish my heels forever now.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread