+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2751848;
    You should do all of the above!

Yeah, I think I will. IF this happens. Right now he moved the pickup time from noon to 1. AND he is acting like he doesn't want to go. I just want to plead, scream, GO! But that would hurt his feelings and make him even more nervous about getting out. He is taking his recliner, lap-top, portable oxygen, and liquid oxygen container (weighs about 75 lbs-they just filled it), and wheelchair. It is turning into a major ordeal... OK. Gotta go see if he is ready to get dressed. Wish me luck FORTERS!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2751936;
    This is one of my pet peeves, too! Why do grocery stores feel the need to do this? OK and Walmart! (as long as I'm peeving) - they used to arrange their shoes by size. I'm a size 11 which is hard to find sometimes, but before I could go to the 11 section and find what was available. Sometimes really cute! I bought more shoes than I really needed. But now their shoes are arranged by style, so you find a style you really like - oops! no 11. Find another style you like - no 11. Aaaargh! Go to men's section where size 9 equivalent is everywhere and pick out men's shoes. That's what I'm wearing right now.
    My clothing peeves are the ever elusive 36D and the 9 1/2. Some instances i can fit into the 9 and i don't know why. I can't recall the last time i was bought a 9 1/2.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I just watched Little Children with Kate Winslet. I liked it. The house is very quiet.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2751540;
    . . . I rarely buy food in Walmart. If I am at Walmart and need some food, I am usually disappointed with the selection and end up going to my local grocery store. . .
    I'm a very fussy label-reader, and I've found that most of the food at Wal-Mart is just the standard cheap brands with no nutritional value -- with ingredients near the top of the list containing things such as hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils (i.e.: trans fats, which raise LDL and lower HDL cholesterol levels -- inviting heart disease and higher medical costs in the long run), high-fructose corn syrup (an unnatural, but cheap, sweetener -- NOT healthy!), and fractionated palm kernel oil (another cheap, but bad, food additive). Wal-Mart doesn't carry the healthy alternatives that my local independent grocery stores do, so for food, there's no way that I'd give them a penny of my money -- especially since it would be bound to cost me more in the long run when the medical consequences of cheap ingredients catch up.

Of course, I'm very lucky to live in an area where I have relatively easy access to local farmers' markets for fresh produce, and independent grocers who carry healthful alternatives for only a little more money than the cheap brands which cut corners by using cheap, unhealthy chemicals or chemical alterations.

And as far as Wal-Mart's other stuff? No thanks! Especially after having seen the 2005 film Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price -- NO WAY! But that's what works for me.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I know a lot of you dislike Walmart, but I love their shoes.. *ducks*. Clothing wise that's the only thing I'll buy there. I will buy the DVDs/CDs etc from Walmart too. Their prices sure beat HMV. I won't buy other electronics from there though unless it's a brand I know.
    Foodwise, we usually just buy the boxed stuff/water and occasionally milk. We don't have a full market store. Just some of the essentials. There's no greens/veggies/meats, but there are dairy products.
    The Walmart back home is really good. Not usually super busy, not dirty, etc. But the one here where I go to school is ridiculously huge and cramped. There's tons of stuff just all sort of stuffed into aisles and there is more food variety. But I hardly shop there because it's usually busy, cramped, and I don't know where anything is.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2752131;
    My clothing peeves are the ever elusive 36D and the 9 1/2. Some instances i can fit into the 9 and i don't know why. I can't recall the last time i was bought a 9 1/2.
    Try finding a 36DDD . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2751936;
    This is one of my pet peeves, too! Why do grocery stores feel the need to do this?
    Grocery stores rearrange their layout in hopes that as you are wandering around trying to find stuff you will discover new items you didn't know they had and purchase more. It works the opposite for me. I end up going somewhere I familiar with. Meijer recently remodeled their whole store and I haven't found my way around yet. I'm a Wal-mart guy. They just opened a new concept scaled down super center near me.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2752230;
    Try finding a 36DDD . . .
    Surgery took care of that for me!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2752164;
    I just watched Little Children with Kate Winslet. I liked it. The house is very quiet.
    Aw, I'm glad you got a little reprieve!

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2752234;
    Surgery took care of that for me!
    I envy you! When I lost a lot of weight 6 - 7 years ago, everything got smaller except for the twins! And gravity continued.

I would LOVE to get reconstructive surgery to get rid of all my redundant skin, as well as to reduce and lift the above-mentioned twins. While my HMO would likely approve all or most of the procedures, the copayment for hospitalization and/or surgery center admission has gone so ridiculously high, I'm still working on restoring our "copayment stash" after having paid for my husband's skin cancer surgery from November. I'm afraid of getting an elective procedure, and then have something happen where we need the money for an illness or emergency hospitalization.

Oh well, it could be worse. I'd rather have the loose skin than have it all be re-filled with fat!
    Last edited by Ellen; 01-14-2008 at 12:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread