+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'm not a Walmart fan either for the reasons that y;all have listed. However, we do shop there for staples (rarely meat or produce) because it is cheaper and closer. I LOVE SuperTarget for the simple reason that they NEVER re-arrange their store. They put "seasonal" stuff on a few aisles and rotate that, but if I want to find something in the grocery part of the store, it's in the same spot that it was in when that store opened eight years ago. That saves a lot of frustration/hunting time for me.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

After Midnight...

I rarely buy new books. Just can't afford them, but I know that book club cards are usually worthwhile if you buy even a few each year.

We haven't got a Target, yet.

So, It's 1:39 am here and I find myself in front of the computer again. However, I did enjoy a new show tonight called The Murdoch Mysteries starring Yannick Bisson (cute). Anyone else catch it?

Oh and another one called Painkiller Jane; its a sci-fi show. Stephen Lobo plays Seth. You may remember him as Ramir on Godivas or as Nathan on Falcon Beach.

I'm glad there's a writer's strike. CBC is actually showing a couple of new shows to fill in the space.

Going to bed now.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I'm so excited. Today I get the house to myself all day! For the first time in about 4 years.. DH is disabled and doesn't go anywhere without me. So his brother is coming to get him and they are going to his house to watch football all day. I have visions of this becoming a regular thing...

What should I do? Take a long, hot, bath. Watch a sappy, girly movie. Eat popcorn and chocolate in bed. Run around the house naked? The possibilities are endless!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2751582;
    I'm not a Walmart fan either for the reasons that y;all have listed. However, we do shop there for staples (rarely meat or produce) because it is cheaper and closer. I LOVE SuperTarget for the simple reason that they NEVER re-arrange their store. They put "seasonal" stuff on a few aisles and rotate that, but if I want to find something in the grocery part of the store, it's in the same spot that it was in when that store opened eight years ago. That saves a lot of frustration/hunting time for me.
    Whats a SuperTarget?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2751763;
    I'm so excited. Today I get the house to myself all day! For the first time in about 4 years.. DH is disabled and doesn't go anywhere without me. So his brother is coming to get him and they are going to his house to watch football all day. I have visions of this becoming a regular thing...

What should I do? Take a long, hot, bath. Watch a sappy, girly movie. Eat popcorn and chocolate in bed. Run around the house naked? The possibilities are endless!
    You should do all of the above!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2751847;
    Whats a SuperTarget?
    It's a Target with a full food section. It's like it has a grocery store attached to a regular Target store.

Thanks for filling me in - I haven't seen one where I shop yet.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2751540;
    My son once told me to never buy meat from Walmart. This was back when he was in high school, before we even had our Walmart. I asked him why and he said that you never know where that meat is coming from. I thought that was rather profound of him and asked him how he knew that. Apparently, it was something one of his teachers told the class!
    I read Fast Food Nation a couple years ago, and I think after reading that, I became a lot more conscious of where I buy my meat, even though I realize that some of the things described in that book could happen anywhere. Anyway, if you want more information on how meat goes from cow to store, it's very informative, but if you want to enjoy meat afterward, especially hamburgers, be prepared to dissociate what you've read in the book from what you're eating, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2751582;
    I LOVE SuperTarget for the simple reason that they NEVER re-arrange their store. They put "seasonal" stuff on a few aisles and rotate that, but if I want to find something in the grocery part of the store, it's in the same spot that it was in when that store opened eight years ago. That saves a lot of frustration/hunting time for me.
    That is so helpful! Last weekend, my dad and I were doing laps around Super Stop & Shop because their layout has changed so many time and neither of us can remember where some things are!

This is one of my pet peeves, too! Why do grocery stores feel the need to do this? OK and Walmart! (as long as I'm peeving) - they used to arrange their shoes by size. I'm a size 11 which is hard to find sometimes, but before I could go to the 11 section and find what was available. Sometimes really cute! I bought more shoes than I really needed. But now their shoes are arranged by style, so you find a style you really like - oops! no 11. Find another style you like - no 11. Aaaargh! Go to men's section where size 9 equivalent is everywhere and pick out men's shoes. That's what I'm wearing right now.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread