+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6433Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Regular

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

A Walmart $15 dollar gift card!
    You have every right to be insulted!

When I was in college my roommate and I did housecleaning together as a team for some very wealthy families on Beacon Hill. While most families were extremely generous to us come Christmas, one family took the cake. On our last day there before Christmas break, Mrs. hands us a small gold wrapped box and extends holiday wishes. We're thinking two pairs of Gold earrings? Cash? We got a block from her house and unwrapped the box.........

It was their mini Sampler....2 chocolates apiece.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2750318;
    Well if you're getting cramps from trying to sleep around the kitties that means YOU need to leave them on the bed like I used to, and go sleep on the couch.
    I've done that! And I've specifically not made any noise, turned out lights, and walked around tippy toe just so I don't wake my spoiled brats...er, I mean sleeping beauties, yeah, sleeping beauties!

Meowza. That is awful they forgot about you even if you are a manager.

I try not to do Walmart, only to give business to local companies, but gosh darn, when money is tight, I have to admit I go and I do get some things.

tinkerbell: Ouch!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

After Midnight...

So, it's 1:47 am. I should be sleeping. I'd rather be sleeping. I fell asleep on the couch halfway through Entertainment Tonight around 6:30 pm and just woke up. I did manage to change locations and crawl into bed as my neck was getting a crick in it from my bad positioning in the den.

I logged into the Fort to see what was up and also managed to play around with a photo in photoshop somewhere in between. Didn't make out so well, but it certainly intrigued Mr. Tootles who loved watching the little curser move around my screen. He promptly jumped on the table in front so my vision was totally impaired, and proceeded to try to catch the little beastie! After gently taking him off and saying No Toots, he got bored and fell asleep next to me on the couch. He's such a mama's boy.

Guess I'll head back to bed. Getting a headache and this screen is lighting up the neighborhood!

Hope to see you here, sometime after midnight!
    Last edited by speedbump; 01-12-2008 at 10:10 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Regular

Re: After Midnight...

Usually here after midnight as well. I work insane hours so my bedtime is everybody else's morning.

In our little podunk town, it's either Walmart or drive 20 min. minimum (45 min. to a mall) for just about anything you can't get at a grocery store. So, yeah, I do Walmart. I always run into students (which is why I don't by my underoos there) who are always so surprised to see me. I'm usually wearing my son's castoff hoodies and sweatpants, so again, doubletake. And we don't ever get a Christmas bonus, so I'd take that gift card and buy myself something nice.
    Count your blessings!

Re: After Midnight...

Technically after midnight but it's really morning! Dogs are up unusally early for a Sat so i am not happy!

I would like to add something that I realize I did not in my post. One of the men that works for me is a divorced dad who has 50% custody of his young son, and he shops at Wal Mart, so the few years I was getting the card I gave it to him. The pick N Save card I usually gave it to one of my other guys. I mean the 15.00 card is nice, but I am at a point in my life where I don't NEED it, so I give it to someone who can use it and NEEDS it.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

I hate Wal-hell, but I shop there because it is cheaper. Oh for the day when I no longer have to go there.

Last week when I was there, I actually told a child to behave and I got in line behind other angry shoppers to report this child to the store security as he was out of control and his mother was chatting on her cell phone while shopping and not paying the least bit of attention to him.

I haven't gotten any form of Christmas bonus in so long(well I'm not working now, but back when I was, I still didn't) and neither has my husband. I think more and more companies are forgoing them and also forgoing holiday parties as well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I shop in Wal Mart cause it's way cheaper than any of the other 4 groceries around. Some may have their favorite places to shop for groceries, but I shop where I get the most for my $$ .
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2750828;
    I shop in Wal Mart cause it's way cheaper than any of the other 4 groceries around. Some may have their favorite places to shop for groceries, but I shop where I get the most for my $$ .
    I actually go to 3 grocery stores because of the prices. I don't like the meat at Walmart or the produce (it doesn't last long). So I shop at Walmart for the staple items and dairy. Then I have a great store that does GREAT meat prices and I stock up there, but their staples are more expensive and their veggies are worse than Walmart. Then I go to another store where I like their fresh veggies. YEs, they are more expensive, but to me, its worth it in the long run when a head of lettuce from there lasts longer than 2 days for the same head of lettuce from Walmart.

I hate the crowds at Walmart, I hate the people that work there and don't give a damn, I just don't like it. But until I can afford to shop elsewhere, I get more bang for my buck at Walmart. To me its a matter of necessity and not of choice.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread