+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I hate night leg cramps. I get them if I swim too hard (flutter kick). I normally really enjoy middle schoolers but yesterday a boy snuck an ice cream bar into my classroom from lunch and when it started to melt all over the floor he stuck it in a cubby full of another class's folders. What a mess.
    Count your blessings!

I would get horrible leg cramps while I was pregnant. The flexing your foot toward your leg and then back towards the ground always helped me. Hurt like hell at first, but it would pull the cramp out with just a couple of flexes.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

When that happens to me I eat a lot of bananas. Usually in a couple days the cramps stop.
    Yup, with donuts!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2749930;
    When that happens to me I eat a lot of bananas. Usually in a couple days the cramps stop.
    I do the same thing buglover....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I go through periods of leg cramping, as well, and just went through one recently. And last week I started buying bananas again. The connection between bananas and cramp-free legs has never occurred to me. Thanks for the info - I will remember to keep stocked up on my second favourite tropical fruit.

The flexing thing does make them go away, but I would just as soon not have them in the first place. Especially since they always seem to happen at 3:00 in the morning, which just makes a mess of my entire exhausted day.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Bananas work for me, too. I think, at least for me, the potassium in bananas is absorbed more efficiently than the potassium in supplements, so they work better than anything else (for me) in preventing leg and foot cramps.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I find I don't eat enough foods rich in potassium so I have to keep bananas around or I'll end up getting twitchy from the deficiency.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I know potassium is the key which is why I'm taking a supplement, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I do eat bananas and potatos which are high in potassium. I am definetly NOT pregnant.

Thanks everyone, I was feeling like I was the only one waking up with my toes touching the sole of my foot because of cramping. I do get up and walk and I do get in a hot shower. But its a nightmare to wake up like that. Because its an INSTANT awake and pain and so getting back to sleep after that is not easy.

I am going to really double my efforts on bananas and potassium and see if it helps.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I find drinking one 12 oz gatorade a day helps keep my cramping away. I also retain water and find that midol extra strength PMS works great. Makes me uncrabby too.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2750185;
    I find drinking one 12 oz gatorade a day helps keep my cramping away. I also retain water and find that midol extra strength PMS works great. Makes me uncrabby too.
    A man who takes Midol and has no problem admitting it.... I knew there was a reason I loved you gabriel!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread