+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6454Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2747967;
    I hope that everything goes well for you, if I had any artistic ability your class sounds like a lot of fun.

My phone line and internet are now up, so I feel somewhat human again. I never realized how much I used the computer to communicate with my friends and family until this past couple of weeks.

Congrats JLuvs! I've been in that spot, my breathing actually speeds up when I'm without this computer, that cannot be healthy. I'm not sure how I functioned before this
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2747701;
    So, I am starting a job tomorrow teaching an after school enrichment class in into to drawing/cartooning. Well, originally I was told that I would have 15 students max. Today I was emailed and told that 26 students (middle schoolers!) have signed up for the class. Heaven help me.
    It was all well and good until I got to the line about "middle schoolers". Good Golly Miss Molly!!! That's a group that I can't imagine being stuck with. I wish you a lot of luck, and wishing you an agreeable group of people. Hope they've eaten some kind of snack by the time they've come to you, or they might be crazier than they already are. I'm sure some days will be better than others, so hang in there! I hope you're pleasantly surprised...day after day!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2747512;
    So, I warmed up some tuna juice for my kitties(
    Man, have they got it made!!!
    Count your blessings!

JLuvs: Congrats on being back online.

Superbrat: Meowza! I have complete faith that you will have all those children captivated with your skills! Congrats!

trixie: I got in the car last night. My Dad stopped by and the problem wasn't ice in the lock or the door latch. The rubber around each of the doors was frozen probably because there was so much humidity in the carwash. I couldn't pull the door open more than a crack. So we got the old hairdryer out and I warmed up the rubber door surround little by little; each time opening the door a bit further. It was slow going because we didn't want to crack the rubber sealant. I plugged the buggy in for the night and she started up good today. Doors opened and all. Got her plugged in tonight too. It's like -25 with windchill and even though I have a double garage; it's not heated. Brrrr. Thanks for asking!

Gut: Yep. They are spoiled little kitts
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I must say... there is nothing like showing a bunch of 11-13 year olds your drawings to get an ego boost for your art skills lol. My class went pretty well today, but this was more of a "get to know eachother" type of day. next week I'll be teaching them how to draw people.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

That is very, very cool SuperBrat. I know my daughter would LOVE it if I got her in some drawing class. It's great that so many kids are enthusiastic and that you get this opportunity to share your talent!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD

THis might be a question for a medical thread, but I need to ask.

I suffer from foot and leg cramps. Not often fortunately. But when I do, it seems to go in cycles. I will get them for a week or so and then go months without getting them. They usually wake me up and I have to get in the hot shower to relieve them. Or drink Gatoraid, but I don't need all that sugar either.

I have added additional vitamins to my diet (including potassium), so I don't think its a defiency thing.

My mom used to get them like this too. Bad ones for a while, then nothing, then they'd start up again.

Anyone else experience this? Any tips for relief?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD - I have always heard that a potassium deficiency contributes to leg cramps, but I wasn't sure if that had any truth to it, so I did a google search. Here is what I found on mayoclinic.com:

The exact cause of night leg cramps isn't known. Some experts believe they may be due to abnormal processing of electrolytes essential elements and chemical substances your body needs for basic functions by muscles. Almost everyone has occasional leg cramps. But they occur most often in older adults. Common causes of night leg cramps include:
    • Muscle overexertion
    • Prolonged sitting
    • Dehydration
    • Pregnancy
    • Diabetes
    • Decreased potassium levels
    • Neuromuscular disorders, such as Parkinson's disease
    • Certain medications, such as albuterol, niacin, diuretics, and some calcium channel blockers and antipsychotic medications
    • Alcohol use
    If you do get a leg cramp, you may be able to make it go away by:
    • Walking on the affected leg
    • Massaging the affected muscle
    • Straightening your leg and flexing your foot toward your knee until you feel the calf muscles stretch
    • Applying a cold pack to the affected muscle
    • Taking a hot bath
    To help prevent night leg cramps:
    • Drink plenty of fluids during the day.
    • Stretch your leg muscles before bedtime.
    • Get adequate potassium in your diet.
    If you have frequent and severe leg cramps at night, talk to your doctor. Treatment results vary. But the most effective treatments based on current research are:
    • Vitamin B-12
    • Gabapentin
    Night leg cramps should be distinguished from another common cause of night leg discomfort called restless legs syndrome, a condition in which your legs have a creepy, crawly or fidgety sensation unless you move them. The sensation often worsens as night approaches. Restless legs syndrome is a neurologic condition that requires different treatment from that of night leg cramps.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

I used to get killer leg cramps during the first and last trimester of my pregnancy. What a way to wake up.

I was lucky that I only got them during my 2nd pregnancy.

+ Reply to Thread