+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6941Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2746328;
    My pet peeve right now is Verizon. My phone was supposed to be up on the 28th of December and my internet was supposed to be up on the 4th. I have spent more time on the phone with tech support than a person should have to spend in a lifetime.

I am at the library today and haven't gone home yet, so it could be up today. I am not holding my breath though

Hope that everyone here is doing well and I am really enjoying teaching first grade
    I waited almost a month to get my dsl going last year. When i first got my single line, i was schedule for june, they didn't show up 'til Aug. All from lovely, little Verizon.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2746068;
    I had a guy from Pakistan working for me one summer. His name was pretty easy, but his wife's name looked like it was about 150 letters long (well, I bet it was close to 15) My then-partner (now mortal enemy) asked how it was pronounced, and I told him, "Just like it sounds" I try to help whenever I can

My neighbor, who is also the wife of a man my dad worked with, has a very long complicated east indian name. They shortened it to "Blossom" so it was easy for everyone to say. I don't think anyone really knows what her name really is!

-----

FYI - chocolate milk does go bad in the frig.

Stoopid moment -- I was so proud I got my car washed yesterday afternoon. It was so busy in the car wash and so foggy, they had a guy who's only job was to get people in and out without causing an accident. So, this afternoon I go out to the garage to get some errands done, and voila. Frozen door locks! @(#*@@.

My trunk opens. Wow. That makes the car so much easier to drive. Both driver and passenger doors will let the key in and turn but will not open. I ran into the house, got a hairdryer, found an outlet that would work and was blowing it on the lock and door. Didn't help. So I found some windshield de-icer and sprayed that in the locks and doors. Didin't help. So I unplug the hairdryer and go running back into the house and get my large room heater from the den and run out to the garage and place it by the car and plug it on high.

Meanwhile, Tootles is watching my comings and goings with my purse and to do list, and mail. Each time I leave I say "bye Toots". And then I return. He thinks I'm nuts. BTW, I'm also changing coats and mitts and scarfs, because it's quite a bit colder than I thought. In order to keep things speedy, I don't bother to take off my boots which are now snowy and mucky from the garage. Mr. Tootles insists I wash the floors once I return as he doesn't want his fluffy paws to get icky.

So, I warmed up some tuna juice for my kitties, am eating some left-over tuna casserole, and hoping that it won't take hours before my garage thaws out and my car doors do the same.

I need to get some bills to the post office, wanted to check out some chairs I saw yesterday at Goodwill, and stop in to see the little white kittens I saw in the rescue magazine last night.

Sigh. Not a good start to the day at all.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Wow misskitty. I haven't ever had to do that because I don't live where it gets cold. That sounds like no fun at all.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2747512;

My neighbor, who is also the wife of a man my dad worked with, has a very long complicated east indian name. They shortened it to "Blossom" so it was easy for everyone to say. I don't think anyone really knows what her name really is!
    I used to work with a man named Dhayalangnanipandithan. Everyone called him Dan. Except me. Not only could I pronounce his name, I named my goldfish after him.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

So, I am starting a job tomorrow teaching an after school enrichment class in into to drawing/cartooning. Well, originally I was told that I would have 15 students max. Today I was emailed and told that 26 students (middle schoolers!) have signed up for the class. Heaven help me.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2747701;
    So, I am starting a job tomorrow teaching an after school enrichment class in into to drawing/cartooning. Well, originally I was told that I would have 15 students max. Today I was emailed and told that 26 students (middle schoolers!) have signed up for the class. Heaven help me.
    Congratulations on the teaching job! It really sounds like a very neat class. Good luck! You'll do fine! I'm glad you have so many interested in taking it. It really does sound like fun.
    "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Maybe only 15 will show up?

Good luck, it sounds like it should be lots of fun.

Misskitty - did you ever get into your car? If your back seat folds down you could send Toots into the car that way. Do you think he could figure out how to unlock the doors from the inside?

I hope that everything goes well for you, if I had any artistic ability your class sounds like a lot of fun.

My phone line and internet are now up, so I feel somewhat human again. I never realized how much I used the computer to communicate with my friends and family until this past couple of weeks.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Lawd 'a' mercy -- 26 middle schoolers! If I were still Catholic, I'd go to church and light a candle for you. But I will send positive thoughts your way!

Best of luck! At least it's a fun class with (I hope) kids that signed up because they wanted to, so it should be fine. Have fun with them. (Better you than me!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2747550;
    I used to work with a man named Dhayalangnanipandithan. Everyone called him Dan. Except me. Not only could I pronounce his name, I named my goldfish after him.
    I love it Rattus

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    My phone line and internet are now up, so I feel somewhat human again. I never realized how much I used the computer to communicate with my friends and family until this past couple of weeks.
    Glad to see you are back among us JLuvs...being without the internet is stressful (or at least it is to me )
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread