+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4524Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I have talked to India, South Africa (the guy was from India ), Phillipines (a good experience!), Central America (another good experience!) and, on a rare occasion, USA!! AOL definitely has reps in India; I had to talk to the gentleman for a friend who didn't have the patience to deal with him. The accents can be rather intense, can't they?

I think I need to cultivate a local friend from India.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2745639;
    Try canceling your service and see what happens. "John" or whatever Americanized name he/she uses will really put the pressure on reading from their script.
    Americanized names...I had the best laugh a couple of months ago when a telemarketer called from India. "Hello, my name is Jack Daniels...". I tried with all my might to reply something clever, but I was to busy laughing.

I received some very helpful computer help from a Vista guy who I believe was in India. We asked his name to thank him and he said, "they call me Ken".
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I had a guy from Pakistan working for me one summer. His name was pretty easy, but his wife's name looked like it was about 150 letters long (well, I bet it was close to 15) My then-partner (now mortal enemy) asked how it was pronounced, and I told him, "Just like it sounds" I try to help whenever I can

MRD

Just got back from grocery shopping and I am a raving lunatic because of a woman on her cell phone who would not control her two boys who ran ALL over the store scaring people, screaming and knocking into displays.
    The kid ran into me and I got in his face and told him to BEHAVE and I was ready to go tell the mom to get OFF THE @*&Y@#$ PHONE AND CONTROL YOUR CHILDREN!!!!

They darted in front of a very shaky older woman who then proceeded to go find an employee and report them. I too decided to add my complaints to the apparantly growing list and when I left, they had security talking to all of them. Good. The kids were a menace and I now need some sort of pill or something because I was ready to throw down in the middle of the store and get into it with an 8 year old which is NOT good. (note to self: breathe in, breathe out, feel the calming breaths overtake your mind and body, bringing peace and letting go of tension.)

As you passed other shoppers in the aisles, almost everyone was talking about these kids. I sometimes wish I had more guts because I would have dearly loved to have yanked the phone out of her hand, told the person on it, she'll call you back later and closed it and told her what she could then do with it which would have made it very difficult to have called anyone back. ARGH!!!!

Sorry, please resume scheduled programming. I just had to break in with a rant before I exploded.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Those are the kinds of kids that I like to, accidentally, "trip".......whoopsie, how'd my leg get out there like that???!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My pet peeve right now is Verizon. My phone was supposed to be up on the 28th of December and my internet was supposed to be up on the 4th. I have spent more time on the phone with tech support than a person should have to spend in a lifetime.

I am at the library today and haven't gone home yet, so it could be up today. I am not holding my breath though

Hope that everyone here is doing well and I am really enjoying teaching first grade
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2746274;
    because I was ready to throw down in the middle of the store and get into it with an 8 year old which is NOT good.
    Oh my gosh, mrd, this gives me a mental image that just cracks me up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2745639;
    Oh heck yes. Try canceling your service and see what happens. "John" or whatever Americanized name he/she uses will really put the pressure on reading from their script. Best thing I ever did was ridding myself of the AOHell nightmare and going with ATT DSL service. I hate AOL.
    heh. They cut out the middle man now. They have a page you can go to now to chose which billing you want. You can have free with other high speed internet, the $23.95 one (that has a bunch of "insurance" things that a friend of mine who use to work for AOL said doesnt even really get used), basic dial up for $9.95, and then a button to cancel your account.

On a different note, part of me is SO happy that this is my last quarter. I get traumatized every time I have to go and look for text books online. Case in point, a book I need for my Italian class I am taking this quarter is $83.70 online... for a USED copy! I may spend the whole quarter mooching off the library's copy!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2746309;
    Those are the kinds of kids that I like to, accidentally, "trip".......whoopsie, how'd my leg get out there like that???!
    I can usually freeze them with what my husband calls my "teacher look" -- without uttering so much as a syllable. I was so proud of myself this one time -- I gave the "teacher look" to a particularly obnoxious little brat in a checkout line and he did the whiney "mommy" and crying thing! When the mom looked at me, I just shrugged with the "beats me!" look, and she rushed herself and the little spawn-from-hell out of there. And the clerk mouthed "thank you" to me. Damn, I'm good!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread