+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I can't even count the number of times my husband has had tools stolen from inside locked houses, constrution vans and his own truck. And housing sites are always hit hard. Even the appliances get taken. And after the hurricanes of 2004, plywood was being stolen off construction sites left and right.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

My secretary's husband is a contractor--he had three large loads of bricks stolen overnight from behind a house. People are evil.

I've just got to state my peeve for the evening: hold music. I was on hold for, in total, an hour with Belkin because I had trouble setting up my new router. Same damned Mozart loop every 30 seconds...it's going to haunt me in my sleep, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2745387;
    My secretary's husband is a contractor--he had three large loads of bricks stolen overnight from behind a house. People are evil.

I've just got to state my peeve for the evening: hold music. I was on hold for, in total, an hour with Belkin because I had trouble setting up my new router. Same damned Mozart loop every 30 seconds...it's going to haunt me in my sleep, I think.
    plink, plink plink, plink plink plink plink plink plink.... I think I know that loop
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2744761;
    Has anyone ever just, mysteriously, lost their landline dial tone? Mine just dropped out on Saturday afternoon which, of course, meant no DSL. This is a problem that could not be addressed on the weekend...only between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday, with some kind of hours on Saturday that I totally missed. (I guess you'd be "doo-doo" out of luck if you didn't have a cell phone!) Gone are the good ol' days of 24 hour telephone service of yesteryear! I called at exactly 8 a.m. this morning, since I was going through serious withdrawal. Never talked to a person. The computer menu tells you what it wants from you, runs a diagnostic test, and then tells you it's found a problem, and when your problem should be resolved. It told me that it would be all better by 6 p.m. tonight. Thankfully, it was cured by 10 a.m., probably by just throwing some switch. At least I didnt get kicked to India by the call routing procedure!!
    This happened to us at our house in Maine. We're not up there all that often, but one night we rolled in and there was no dial tone. I'm not sure if it was actually fixed, or awhile later it just started working again... of course, the reason we maintain a land line up there is because cell phone service is spotty at best!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2745114;
    And DSL guy was in India!
    They're always in India. the guy who helped me exchange my player sounded like Cartman but i knew he wasn't in the U.S. I wonder if aohell outsources jobs as well.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2745548;
    I wonder if aohell outsources jobs as well.
    Oh heck yes. Try canceling your service and see what happens. "John" or whatever Americanized name he/she uses will really put the pressure on reading from their script. Best thing I ever did was ridding myself of the AOHell nightmare and going with ATT DSL service. I hate AOL.

MRD

They're always in India. the guy who helped me exchange my player sounded like Cartman but i knew he wasn't in the U.S. I wonder if aohell outsources jobs as well.
    During the Amazing Race All Stars, they were doing a challenge in India and had to deliver tea to an office building. They showed the teams going in this ancient office with one big black plastic rotary dial phone sitting on ONE of the many desks.

My husband says: "hey look, it's AOL's customer help line."

I almost fell over I was

They're always in India.
    Not true! Just yesterday I spoke with a very nice lady in Argentina

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2745747;
    Not true! Just yesterday I spoke with a very nice lady in Argentina
    "Don't cry for me Argentina".

(sorry, I suffer from Musical Tourette's)

Now hiring: someone to go grocery shopping and to put it all away here at my house.

I need so badly to go and yet, I am putting it off because I really don't want to go through this mess today. But we will be eating popcorn for dinner tonight if I don't go.

So someone please come do it for me. Please?

I'm really wanting to move 3 dogs and climb back in bed. They have the right idea. It's incredibly foggy here today, so its kind of dark and gloomy and probably nasty on the roads, so going this morning wouldn't be a good idea right?

I think I really need to hire a motivation coach because some mornings it seems to take a blast of dynamite to get me out of this house. Other days, I can't wait to get out of here. I need a purpose!

But I'm not totally slacking today. I've been busy doing research and typing out my lecture that I'm going to be giving next month at the museum on the roots of Southern Cooking. You'd think all that research on food would motivate me to get my butt to the store, but noooooo.
    Last edited by MRD; 01-08-2008 at 10:18 AM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

When I cancelled my BB Live Feeds, I was talking to a guy in India...it was fun talking to him about Dick!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread