+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5781Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2744973;

Oh great Newfsayer, what else have you forseen? Who will be president? Will Waldo ever be able to ride in the car without getting sick? Enquiring minds want to know............

(I have this picture of you with a turban on your head gazing into a crystal ball. )

Prhoshay, I have had that happen before, but we do have 24 hour access with our phone and internet company and can call them anytime. We never get a real person anyway when we call, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Watch out myrosiedog very soon you may be hearing that the "answers are in these envelopes which have been in a sealed mayonnaise jar on funk & wagnalls front porch" and you will reply with something like "so you say newfherder breath" This is all ala Johnny Carson & Ed McMahon doing his Carnac the Magnificent.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2744973;
    Prhoshay, I have had that happen before, but we do have 24 hour access with our phone and internet company and can call them anytime. We never get a real person anyway when we call, so I guess it doesn't matter.
    I called my DSL provider first, not realizing that I didn't have a dial tone on the land line (I was using my cell). He directed me to the telephone people on Monday morning. With what I pay per month for telephone service, you'd think somebody would be available to throw a switch 24/7. And DSL guy was in India!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2745092;
    Watch out myrosiedog very soon you may be hearing that the "answers are in these envelopes which have been in a sealed mayonnaise jar on funk & wagnalls front porch" and you will reply with something like "so you say newfherder breath" This is all ala Johnny Carson & Ed McMahon doing his Carnac the Magnificent.
    And I would not be surprised to hear that.

(I love that you guys get me. So many people I know have NO idea when I use an "ancient" cultural reference. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Leo
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2744761;
    Has anyone ever just, mysteriously, lost their landline dial tone? Mine just dropped out on Saturday afternoon which, of course, meant no DSL. This is a problem that could not be addressed on the weekend...only between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday, with some kind of hours on Saturday that I totally missed. (I guess you'd be "doo-doo" out of luck if you didn't have a cell phone!) Gone are the good ol' days of 24 hour telephone service of yesteryear! I called at exactly 8 a.m. this morning, since I was going through serious withdrawal. Never talked to a person. The computer menu tells you what it wants from you, runs a diagnostic test, and then tells you it's found a problem, and when your problem should be resolved. It told me that it would be all better by 6 p.m. tonight. Thankfully, it was cured by 10 a.m., probably by just throwing some switch. At least I didnt get kicked to India by the call routing procedure!!
    That kept happening to us a while back... because the cables were always stolen by thieves. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2745239;
    That kept happening to us a while back... because the cables were always stolen by thieves. Yikes.
    Wait .... you had theives stealing the cables? for the copper probably..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Leo
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2745240;
    Wait .... you had theives stealing the cables? for the copper probably..
    That's exactly it. Unfortunately, it's not all that unusual here.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2745258;
    That's exactly it. Unfortunately, it's not all that unusual here.
    Well here we've had copper thieves breaking into electric company, phone company and other places warehouses and yards and stealing those HUGE rolls of new copper wire.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Been happening here in AL too. Was a terrible summer with people breaking into air conditioner units just to steal the copper.

MRD

Construction sites get hit hard for the copper plumbing.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

During the ice storm and power outage we had in Kansas a few weeks back, there were some out-of-town utility crews here working hard and they had tools, copper, etc. stolen overnight from their work trucks. Copper thefts have become quite common here, too.

+ Reply to Thread