+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2743518;
    Well I heard from my friend in Florida. Her daughter arrived safely after the long delay at the airport. She had not been home 24 hours when she fell off her bike (no helmet) and knocked herself out. She was dizzy, blurred vision, throwing up, etc. They rushed her to the hospital, they did xrays and cat scan, pronounced her fine, no concussion. But the kid could not stop throwing up and was complaining that her head hurt. They also could not keep her awake and she wasn't making sense when she talked. They were up all night with her throwing up, so back to the ER yesterday with her, where they just gave her something for the nausea and told the mom to take her to her regular dr. on Mon. if the throwing up and headache persists.

I feel badly for all of them, but I do feel a sense of relief that this did not happen when she was here. Oh, boy, I would have felt awful if that had happened on my watch.

I sure hope this makes her wear her bike helmet after this too.

I would have questioned the ER doc's too as this just doesn't sound right to me.
    Please keep us posted, Rosie! That just doesn't sound right at all to me either! I'm kinda worried for her...
    Last edited by Margaritaville; 01-06-2008 at 12:24 PM.

The child should not be throwing up for no reason. I am surprised that the parents just sat still when told to go to regular doctor on Monday. I would have been like NO - you will find a doctor NOW that can diagnose this. It is a head injury you goofballs.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Sounds like a concussion to me. Kids aren't dizzy an nauseous for the heck of it. I would refuse to leave until my daughter was properly diagnosed.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2743491;
    You don't have the common curtesy to turn away (ok maybe she was wearing a headset). Ow!
    Even if she was wearing a headset, she could have covered up the microphone or pushed it away from her mouth. Some people are just rude and gross.

mrd - I hope your young friend is alright. That sounds pretty serious. I know next to nothing about medical stuff, but even I know that nausea after a hit to the head is bad. I'm surprised the E/R didn't make her stay overnight for observation.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;2743693;
    Even if she was wearing a headset, she could have covered up the microphone or pushed it away from her mouth. Some people are just rude and gross.

mrd - I hope your young friend is alright. That sounds pretty serious. I know next to nothing about medical stuff, but even I know that nausea after a hit to the head is bad. I'm surprised the E/R didn't make her stay overnight for observation.
    Thanks everyone. I felt like you all did. It's a head injury, she's throwing up at least they should have kept her overnight for observation.

I haven't heard from them today, but hope all is ok.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2743690;
    Sounds like a concussion to me. Kids aren't dizzy an nauseous for the heck of it.
    My thoughts exactly -- that sounds like classic concussion symptoms, and I'm surprised (well, given the idiocy of our medical/mangled care system, not really) that she was released rather than admitted.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

mrd: I hope your young friend is ok. I fell off my bike and felt the same way. I did have a mild concussion. She should be watched very carefully and have an x-ray to be sure.

I just had a great phone conversation with a girlfriend I haven't seen in years! She moved to Winter-peg years ago. We've e-mailed for more than a year trying to pin down a good "phone time" and finally connected. Meowza. It's scary how fast time flies when everyone has busy lives. We're going to make sure we talk in person more often now.
    Last edited by misskitty; 01-07-2008 at 12:25 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

WEll last week everyone was talking about the deep freeze they all lived in, including me. It's now 65 and may even get up to 70 today. So anyone of you that needs to get warm, come on down to Greenville, SC. I'll be more than happy to give you a place to sleep and cook for you.

You may have to share that bed with Waldo or one of the other dogs though. Here's hoping that you guys warm up soon. I'm sure we'll get another plunge in the deep freeze, but this week is supposed to be very, very mild. If the darn storm windows weren't on the house, I'd open the windows today and get some fresh air in here.

here in Ohio (Dayton/Cincinnati) area - we are at 64 - will most likely break the 65 degree record back to 1907. and another day like it tomorrow.

foot update (bunion surgery) - had a nasty nerve 'over' reaction to the surgery and PT is dealing with that along with movement now. I can tolerate socks and shoes for much longer - especially when walking. when I am not walking - socks still bother me.
    but getting much better. bought some NewBalance athletic shoes in a larger, wider size so I have shoes to wear. May go for a short walk after the Dr appt this afternoon if he says ok. although I did go to the grocery store yesterday and it didn't bother me until we got back to the car.

AND
    GO BUCKS!!!!
    Last edited by schmoo2; 01-07-2008 at 12:09 PM.

MRD

Schmoo, I'm sorry you are still having problems, but it sounds like things are better. And the warmer weather should help too if you can't stand shoes or socks long.

Prayers for a continued and more speeded up recovery are going out. I personally love New Balance shoes and will not buy any other kind of "athletic footwear". Good choice for you.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Oh and p.s. GO TIGERS!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread